IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: What feature do people *most* wow over?
Ventilated/heated seats
14.84%
Paddle shifters
6.25%
Navigation
13.28%
Mark Levinson
9.38%
Back up camera
43.75%
Other (specify)
12.50%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

What feature do people most wow over..?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-06, 08:43 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
The pre-collision system was a major draw too, but not something you can really see at work, (or at least would hope not to, lol).
Not true, you can see it (DynamicRadar Cruise Control) work. Set it to 85 or 90. The vehicle speeds up/slows down/applies brakes, depending on traffic flow, all automatically. Now that's COOL!
Old 05-12-06, 08:55 PM
Dj Rando
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSE25
I don't really have anyone complementing on my car's features but rather the car's appearance..
I agree. I went to the dealer today and got more compliments on the exterior from the sales men and people getting thiers serviced. I get stared at a lot. Its a great looking vehicle.
Old 05-12-06, 10:45 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also surprised that so many people chose the backup camera. I found it to be a nice feature, but still felt more comfortable doing my usual turn-head checking.
I don't you can "choose" the back up camera as an option. It comes with NAV so as long as you have NAV, you have the camera.

As for wow features, my co-workers pretty much are wowed by everything in the car. They also really like how soft the leather feels too. One girl said she could fall asleep in my car and never leave. LOL.

For me personally, I am "wowed" by the AFS and auto-leveling headlights. I love seeing the beam bounce against freeway sidewalls when I'm driving and how the headlights curve to follow my every turn.
Old 05-13-06, 12:29 AM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I'm also surprised that so many people chose the backup camera. I found it to be a nice feature, but still felt more comfortable doing my usual turn-head checking.
Well the question was which feature gets the most attention... Not if we feel comfortable with it or if we even like it... Although I do like it and feel comfortable with it
Old 05-13-06, 10:24 AM
mikewpu04
Driver

Well my grandmother last night saw the car and she says to me...

This thing has a TURN DIAL for the sun roof? LOL...first ive heard that one...
Old 05-13-06, 12:27 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

So I can almost agree with you there. I love the backup camera and definitely wouldn't want to do with out it. But I don't use it as my only eye. It is my third eye and it's a recessive eye. I've been turning my head for a couple of decades, no camera is going to replace this overnight. I imagine it would take me a couple of years to be completely comfortable using it exclusively for parallel parking...why risk bumping something. When there is plenty of room, sometimes the camera will replace my eye when the only thing behind you is objects not cars and you're backing more quickly than slowly and don't have to come real near to stationary objects. I also listen for the beep warning (I wonder if you would hear those right before you smack something or if someone rearends you)....anyway, I still feel more comfortable turning my head and checking.
Old 05-14-06, 01:22 PM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Not true, you can see it (DynamicRadar Cruise Control) work. Set it to 85 or 90. The vehicle speeds up/slows down/applies brakes, depending on traffic flow, all automatically. Now that's COOL!
I was actually more interested in the safety features when I bought the car, so the active cruise control wasn't a big draw. It just so happens to come with the pre-collision.

I don't you can "choose" the back up camera as an option. It comes with NAV so as long as you have NAV, you have the camera.
I was refering to the poll heading the thread, when I spoke of "choosing" the back-up camera.

Well the question was which feature gets the most attention... Not if we feel comfortable with it or if we even like it...
Since my IS hasn't arrived yet, I offered what grabbed my attention. For practical uses concerning leather, the temp. controlled seats appealed to me most.
Old 05-14-06, 02:42 PM
tgara
Pole Position

IMHO, the heated seats are great, but the ventilated feature sucks wind. They need to put a true cooling feature instead of the pathetic "ventilation" which doesn't do much.

Best feature for me is the color changing dials. I also like the concealed trunk lid hinges.
Old 05-14-06, 02:56 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

I find the fan ventilation is "cool" enough... I turn it on for a bit and it gets cool and I end up turning it off. What bugs me is that it only blows air on your legs and not your butt or lower back, nor your back.
Old 05-14-06, 03:07 PM
tgara
Pole Position

I'm not "wowed" by any of the features on the poll list. Backup cameras and navigation are old news. I never use the paddle shifters. In fact, I wish they were not there because they're just in the way. I guess I like the lighted blue sill plates and puddle lamps on the outside rear view mirrors. At some point, I'd like to install 100W bulbs in those lamps to get added illumination.

BTW, what's so special about the Mark Levenstein audio system? I never tried an IS with it, so I would like to know if there is a big difference over the stock stereo. And who is Mark Levenstein anyway?
Old 05-14-06, 04:07 PM
FlyGrl IS
Rookie

Definitely the keyless entry and the power. I love not being limited by a traditional key anymore. And that power just makes me grin ear-to-ear every time....
Old 05-14-06, 04:48 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tgara
I'm not "wowed" by any of the features on the poll list. Backup cameras and navigation are old news. I never use the paddle shifters. In fact, I wish they were not there because they're just in the way. I guess I like the lighted blue sill plates and puddle lamps on the outside rear view mirrors. At some point, I'd like to install 100W bulbs in those lamps to get added illumination.

BTW, what's so special about the Mark Levenstein audio system? I never tried an IS with it, so I would like to know if there is a big difference over the stock stereo. And who is Mark Levenstein anyway?
LOL
Old 05-14-06, 05:06 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

At some point, I'd like to install 100W bulbs in those lamps to get added illumination.
Do that and you'll likely be mopping up your liquified mirror housings off the ground below.
Old 05-14-06, 06:40 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

IBTW, what's so special about the Mark Levenstein audio system? I never tried an IS with it, so I would like to know if there is a big difference over the stock stereo. And who is Mark Levenstein anyway?
Mark Levenstein
Old 05-14-06, 06:58 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TimboIS
or...

http://marklevinson.com/

Quick Reply: What feature do people most wow over..?