IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Another one about to bite the dust

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-06, 01:30 PM
tdog09
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another one about to bite the dust

So I'm fed up with Lexus and my order (ordered Dec 20th). Its yet to arrive, was never given any status updates unless I called or email, and was constantly told the wrong information. About a week or 2 ago I was told its on itw way to the port and that they would have a VIN for me in a few days....never happened. Today I email my sales rep to ask if you had the #, and I get a called from the dept manager about 2 hrs later saying "I believe you were told your car's enroute to port, but 'Lexus' just informed us that there's been delays and it wont be at the dealer till end of June".

This is complete BS, my guess is my car came in and they sold it to somoeone else for more money (I got 2K off back in Dec), then ordered another for me. Funny thing is I saw 1 in my town a few weeks ago (BWB, the reason for the special order) but couldnt tell if it was a 350 or not. Man if I see it again and find out its a 350 and it came from my dealer I'm gona do something not so nice .

But seriously, I'm thinking bout canceling the order, and going with another close dealership.
I called today and found they have the exact same 1(on lot) but in SGM, my 2nd fav color. Thing is I wanted to go light this time b/c of dirt issues and such. For the member who have SGM, how's the keep up? 5 months is just too rediculous! I have friends who didnt even start lookin for a car until april and now have what they wanted...everytime I see em I get a "Where's the car?", and then i just get upset!

Sorry for the rant, but needed to vent and get some feedback P.S. Its Lexus of Greenwich in CT.
Old 05-11-06, 01:35 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do they have any other one in stock? You can probably get better discount now..
Old 05-11-06, 01:39 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tdog09
So I'm fed up with Lexus and my order (ordered Dec 20th). Its yet to arrive, was never given any status updates unless I called or email, and was constantly told the wrong information. About a week or 2 ago I was told its on itw way to the port and that they would have a VIN for me in a few days....never happened. Today I email my sales rep to ask if you had the #, and I get a called from the dept manager about 2 hrs later saying "I believe you were told your car's enroute to port, but 'Lexus' just informed us that there's been delays and it wont be at the dealer till end of June".

This is complete BS, my guess is my car came in and they sold it to somoeone else for more money (I got 2K off back in Dec), then ordered another for me. Funny thing is I saw 1 in my town a few weeks ago (BWB, the reason for the special order) but couldnt tell if it was a 350 or not. Man if I see it again and find out its a 350 and it came from my dealer I'm gona do something not so nice .

But seriously, I'm thinking bout canceling the order, and going with another close dealership.
I called today and found they have the exact same 1(on lot) but in SGM, my 2nd fav color. Thing is I wanted to go light this time b/c of dirt issues and such. For the member who have SGM, how's the keep up? 5 months is just too rediculous! I have friends who didnt even start lookin for a car until april and now have what they wanted...everytime I see em I get a "Where's the car?", and then i just get upset!

Sorry for the rant, but needed to vent and get some feedback P.S. Its Lexus of Greenwich in CT.
Shop around...I ended up finding the IS350 with everything I wanted (silver/sport/free XM kit) on the lot at Hoffman in Hartford (I pick it up Saturday). Avoid McDermott in New Haven - when they told me XM would be $940 I walked. My salesman at Hoffman is Chaz Miller - GREAT guy.
Old 05-11-06, 01:43 PM
C280to250
Pole Position

For the member who have SGM, how's the keep up? 5 months is just too rediculous! I have friends who didnt even start lookin .
I initially wanted a light color as well so i wouldn't have to wash it all the time,

I wash mine one's a week just becuase i want to not because it needs it. get the SGM Such a beauty specially when it's clean
Old 05-11-06, 01:50 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Yeah, thats a tough one. My gut would tell me to tell them to **** off and go elsewhere, but I know how much the waiting sucks. I would probably get the SGM at a minimum of the deal they were giving you on the BWB, possibly a few hundred less as a putting up with their **** discount.

Believe me, after you get the car you will forget all about the headaches!
Old 05-11-06, 02:08 PM
kenne74
Rookie

Hrmm end of June, thats crazy. I think i would walk and see what they do. If they do nothing then start shopping around i'm sure they'll call you back. I bet you could get a better deal else where. I almost bought from Lexus of Norwood(sp) but they didn't have the ML package ended up getting a better deal with ML at another dealer. It pays to shop around, don't waste your time with these ppl.

Ken
Old 05-11-06, 02:31 PM
jasoncd
Pole Position

SGM upkeep is great. Dust is the same color as the car so doesn't look dirty, IMO.
Old 05-11-06, 02:57 PM
Cabby
Driver School Candidate

After that BS, I would have walked a loooong time ago. Even if the car comes in, you really feel comfortable with them as your dealer given their incompentence so far? You havent even gotten the car yet and they are horrible, I wouldnt do business with them.
Old 05-11-06, 02:57 PM
tdog09
Driver

Default by the way

Any in CT know what the law has to say about deposits and such? My dealer is telling me it was a non refundable deposit ($2000), but I told him to order the car over the phone and never actually signed anything. They dont have my signature on any piece of paper, so i suspect I'm good. The dealer also contradicted himself by saying if for wutever reason I dont like the car, I dont have to take it.
Old 05-11-06, 02:59 PM
tdog09
Driver

Originally Posted by conekiller
Shop around...I ended up finding the IS350 with everything I wanted (silver/sport/free XM kit) on the lot at Hoffman in Hartford (I pick it up Saturday). Avoid McDermott in New Haven - when they told me XM would be $940 I walked. My salesman at Hoffman is Chaz Miller - GREAT guy.

thx for the input, and other dealer you spoke with? Also, was ur deal just xm for free, or did u get them to throw it in to seal the deal? I mean, what did you get off MSRP?
Old 05-11-06, 03:52 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

thx for the input, and other dealer you spoke with? Also, was ur deal just xm for free, or did u get them to throw it in to seal the deal? I mean, what did you get off MSRP?

I only talked to McDermott and Hoffman. Good luck finding anyone up here willing to negotiate...it's hard enough just finding an IS350 on a lot without an owner. I got lucky because the one I'm getting was ordered by someone else who backed out just before it arrived. I just happened to call the same day it came off the truck and I put my name on it two hours later. Chaz told me if I wanted that particular car he'd throw in the XM kit free.
Old 05-11-06, 04:38 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

The waiting really stinks. But if you had your heart set on a BWB, wait for what you really want. The last thing you want is buyer's remorse because you had to "settle" for SGM. Although I must say that SGM is a beautiful color and looks great at night.
Old 05-11-06, 06:25 PM
fatts
Driver School Candidate

I have to say I had a great experience at McDermott. My sales rep was Doreen Knight, she was the best. Called with updates as soon as they were available, and she returned my call everytime I had to nag her. Overall I have to say they were honest and fair ($2,200 off an AWD in February). believe if you did not sign anything ur clear on the deposit. When I put my down I had to initial the contract stating that the deposit was non-refundable. As for the XM, most dealers will try and rip you off with additional equipment. PM if you want the info for my rep.

Last edited by fatts; 05-11-06 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-12-06, 11:54 AM
tdog09
Driver

Default Update

So I went and visted my next closest dealer and finally saw a SGM in person, wow its a beautiful color! So they understood I wanted the car, and we got into price. Remember, I initially got $2000 of from Greenwich in Dec on a special order (the reason for the post ), well I asked for another $500 of here, and they took it

They wanted to start the process right then and there (of course), but I then explained I had a "Personal Financial Transaction" pending (me canceling my order at Greenwich and getting my money back) and that I couldnt actualy take delivery until this went through. He understood and said he still needed something if I wanted them to hold the car for me, so I had them right out on an agreement that this would be Pending a Personal Transaction, and that if it went sour I would get my 1000 bucks back! Made me happy so I did it.

No goes the canceling of the original order. I already spoke to the sales manager, gave him a nice speech on how upset I was as a customer, that this was unacceptable, and I want to cancel. He's gona pull my paper work up (which there shouldnt be much as I didnt sign anything) and call me back! Now I wait...

Last edited by tdog09; 05-12-06 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-12-06, 12:11 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

So I went and visted my next closest dealer and finally saw a SGM in person, wow its a beautiful color! So they understood I wanted the car, and we got into price. Remember, I initially got $2000 of from Greenwich in Dec on a special order (the reason for the post ), well I asked for another $500 of here, and they took it

They wanted to start the process right then and there (of course), but I then explained I had a "Personal Financial Transaction" pending (me canceling my order at Greenwich and getting my money back) and that I couldnt actualy take delivery until this went through. He understood and said he still needed something if I wanted them to hold the car for me, so I had them right out on an agreement that this would be Pending a Personal Transaction, and that if it went sour I would get my 1000 bucks back! Made me happy so I did it.

No goes the canceling of the original order. I already spoke to the sales manager, gave him a nice speech on how upset I was as a customer, that this was unacceptable, and I want to cancel. He's gona pull my paper work up (which there shouldnt be much as I didnt sign anything) and call me back! Now I wait...

Good. Which dealer did you find it at?

BE FIRM. They failed on their end of the bargain...I can't fathom how they believe the deposit is "non-refundable". A first-year lawyer could change that in a heartbeat. When I asked Hoffman to hold my 350 last week, initially Chaz said a $1000 refundable deposit would be fine. An hour later I went up to drive it, we shot the ***** for a while, then he said $500 would do it...again, refundable.

I pick mine up tomorrow...can't wait.

Quick Reply: Another one about to bite the dust