IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bout to Pick up IS250 Blue! Got ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-06, 06:28 PM
alonedrift
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bout to Pick up IS250 Blue! Got ???

Hello guys and great forum btw I'm about to pick up my is250 on monday night after I get off of work. I would like to ask a question. Im geting the Blue Ox color and the thing is that when I go online to check out the Blue, it seems more bright. When I saw the car real life, it looked like regular midnight blue. Im just really wondering is there two different kinds of blue or it is looks more brighter online. Thanks. And btw, Im geting a is250 base w/auto. $2000 below MSRP only And I am in car sales too. The dealers basically have almost no IS250 in stock.
Looking forward to owning a lexus
Old 05-13-06, 07:03 PM
casey225
Pole Position

I also ordered BOP and am supposed to receive it this week. It is definitely a very dark blue (I have only seen one in person) but the internet color doesn't do it justice. When it get dusky or dark, you will think it is black (hence the onyx). I think you will be pleasantly surprised!
Old 05-13-06, 10:38 PM
AgBlue
Pole Position

Yes it is very very dark blue. I have some pics in my gallery. When the sun hits it at the right angle, you will see a shimmer of blue, but due to the curves, the blue tends to fade in and go away as the light runs across the curves, if you know what I mean. The blue simply looks amazing under a street light.

Warning though.. you will have to clean it a lot.. weekly.. Dust shows up easily on it when seen from a few feet, and scratches + rock chips + swirls tends to show up. Gotta be real careful, but it looks great, just like black.

Here's my gallery..
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...y.php?cat=3592
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...y.php?cat=3499

Last edited by AgBlue; 05-13-06 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-14-06, 02:33 PM
igotanewis
Driver School Candidate

Default I've got the blues...

The blue onyx pearl is definitely worth the wait. You'll love how the hue changes with the incident lighting. I had to wait four weeks for mine, but I'm loving it. So glad I didn't get smoky granite, tungsten, or matador, or black - these colors are so 'common' and not as gorgeous as my blue! Of all 'dark blue' shades on other cars, I only like one better: the dark blue metallic on the volvo S40's, but luckily there aren't too many of these driving around!
Old 05-14-06, 02:55 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

I love the BOP but I just didn't want to have to deal with washing it every other day.
Old 05-14-06, 03:27 PM
FastGirl
Driver School Candidate

Hey there! Calling my Matador common is fightin' words!
Old 05-14-06, 07:41 PM
casey225
Pole Position

Originally Posted by igotanewis
The blue onyx pearl is definitely worth the wait. You'll love how the hue changes with the incident lighting. I had to wait four weeks for mine, but I'm loving it. So glad I didn't get smoky granite, tungsten, or matador, or black - these colors are so 'common' and not as gorgeous as my blue! Of all 'dark blue' shades on other cars, I only like one better: the dark blue metallic on the volvo S40's, but luckily there aren't too many of these driving around!
I thought BOP would be much more common than it is. I debated this with SGM and TP, I really liked TP but thought everyone and their brother (or sister) would have it, so I ended up going blue and I'm glad.
Old 05-14-06, 08:43 PM
larsdenner
Driver School Candidate

Yea you have to see the colors in person to get a real feel for them. The BOP is almost black. Mine came with cashmere interior and is a great combo except that I'll need to put black mats in at some point.
Old 05-14-06, 10:23 PM
igotanewis
Driver School Candidate

Default apologies

Originally Posted by FastGirl
Hey there! Calling my Matador common is fightin' words!
Ok, sorry about that, let me backpedal a little bit.

The IS looks gorgeous in matador, black, tungsten, SGM, glacier frost, breakwater, and bop. I drove around to all the dealers and looked at all of 'em. To my eye, bop was the most pleasing.

The IS in general is an uncommon car. I think that's one thing that we all like about it. Where I live I'm less likely to see another bop vs. a red or other color. So it's even more of a kick to own this beautiful car in a relatively 'uncommon' color.
Old 05-14-06, 10:28 PM
igotanewis
Driver School Candidate

Default lazy bop owner

Originally Posted by Payam
I love the BOP but I just didn't want to have to deal with washing it every other day.

My brother in law came by the other day to wash his mini-van. It was so clean and shiny next to my IS. I was still too lazy to wash my car. Used up all my energy helping him clean his!
Anyway, I figure if I drive fast enough the dust will fly off the car. If that doesn't work I'll just walk away from the car far enough that I can admire the BOP without seeing the dust!
Old 05-15-06, 12:21 PM
FastGirl
Driver School Candidate

Just teasing you IGOTANEWIS. No worries...

I love my car but I suspect I would love about any color there is. The fact that I could only get the matador, blue onxy or black made it an easier decision. Red is my favorite color so that was a no brainer. Black was out for me because I live on a very dusty road.
Old 05-15-06, 01:50 PM
BlueOnyx1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by igotanewis
Thats pretty good, you got your car pretty fast. Four weeks!!! its been like 2 months for me and im still waiting. What dealership did you get it from? Yeah blue is a good color. Thats what i picked too.
Old 05-15-06, 09:51 PM
igotanewis
Driver School Candidate

Default every day every day I have the blues...

Actually, it was only two weeks, but it felt like four. I got lucky, the dealer had a shipment coming from Japan in two weeks, and it had one bop/black with the exact features I wanted (except for 17" tires, I wanted those instead of 18"). Yeah, I think for the months of Feb-April there were only 11 bop/black is250's distributed to the entire western US. I see you have an MT with Nav, I think that's gotta be a special order.

I got it from Stevens Creek Lexus in San Jose, CA.

I liked the salesperson, Teddy Wu, and the service center is amazing. All the folks at work told me 'you can eat off the service center floor where they fix the cars'. It's true.