IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just got pulled over for speeding then...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-06, 12:47 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sorry that the police were not responsive to your incident. I'm not a police officer, but I know that they serve an important role and purpose in our society. It was the police who caught the snipers that were terrorizing people where I live a few years ago
Actually the police didn't catch them, they bumbled that case worse than most others, the media and the public caught them. All the police did was follow directions and then put handcuffs on them. But I do hear your respect for officers though
Old 05-16-06, 12:54 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Payam
On a side note, they should change the driver's license laws as well. You should be able to take advanced tests when you are geting your license. Meaning, you prove to the DMV that you are capable of driving 100+mph or whatever and that will allow you to do that on the street as well, as long as your car is safe at that speed and you know what you are doing. This way, people who don't know how to drive can follow the 65mph speed limit and people who are aren't morons can do 20mph over on an open highway. That would be nice.
Let's see, you carry a firearm and want a "special license" to drive on city streets well in excess of posted speed limits and it's the people who are incapable of doing as you wish to do who are "morons". That's rich!
Old 05-16-06, 01:28 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
Let's see, you carry a firearm and want a "special license" to drive on city streets well in excess of posted speed limits and it's the people who are incapable of doing as you wish to do who are "morons". That's rich!
Yup
Old 05-16-06, 01:45 PM
wawawa
Rookie

just tell the cops that your front windows are broken and cannot roll up.

I don't think they can force you to roll up the windows...right? (not so sure myself).
Old 05-16-06, 01:51 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by wawawa

I don't think they can force you to roll up the windows...right? (not so sure myself).
i dont see why they cant ask, they arent searching your car
Old 05-16-06, 02:25 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Actually the police didn't catch them, they bumbled that case worse than most others, the media and the public caught them. All the police did was follow directions and then put handcuffs on them. But I do hear your respect for officers though
I respect your opinion and I'm not trying to start a debate, but I live where these incidents occurred, in fact I'm about 5 miles from where the first victim was shot and killed, and the police did a lot more than what you suggest. This was a horrible situation, random victims, children being shot, etc. It was very fearful at the time because so-called "eye witnesses" identified a white van being in the vicinity of many of the shootings. In this connection, take a moment and count the number of white vans out there on the roads. It was a difficult and highly charged situation with a lot of pressure being put on local government authorities. As you can well imagine, communication and police presence was key to maintaining calm and confidence from the communities. In my opinion, the police did the best job they could under the circumstances. The reason that these individuals were caught was not happenstance. It was good communication and coordination by the police with the affected communities that did it.
Old 05-16-06, 02:27 PM
puredreamz
Rookie

The reason I get my windows tinted is because sometimes I want to leave some valuables in the car ( as well as my girlfriend...her purse.) My last car didnt have tint and someone actually broke the window and then grabbed all my stuff. This way noone can "window" shop and take what they please.

As for the "my front windows wont roll up" scheme... does that work? Does anyone know if they will try it out themselves?

One more thing... that cop that gave me the ticket was kind of a jerk though. I forgot to mention that when I was looking for my registration he saw that paper in the window that comes from the dealership and he goes "is this it?" and I tell him "no officer" and then he decieds to rip it off anyway ( and not in a way that I can put it back on... he ripped it practically in half... no care in the world.) He then says "oh no that not it" and then he threw it on my seat. It sucked but I was still cooperative.
Old 05-16-06, 02:30 PM
rys
Pole Position

Originally Posted by puredreamz
The reason I get my windows tinted is because sometimes I want to leave some valuables in the car ( as well as my girlfriend...her purse.) My last car didnt have tint and someone actually broke the window and then grabbed all my stuff. This way noone can "window" shop and take what they please.
Actually, you should always store valuables out of sight, regardless of tint. If you can avoid it, you should not have the valuables in the car at all. Professionals thieves have commented in the past that window tint actually makes it easier to break into vehicles, because for the most part, the glass will stick to the tint, instead of go everywhere.

-Brian
Old 05-16-06, 02:30 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by wawawa
Like that is going to work...

If you want to have any hope of catching a break from a cop, you don't want to argue with him, refuse to cooperate, make stupid excuses or give him a hard time. My strategy, which has been remarkably successful, is to show respect for the cop and contrition for the violation, to do everything in my power to get the cop to relate to me and like me, and then ask him to cut me a break.
Old 05-16-06, 02:38 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Payam
Cops suck!! Sorry about your tickets.
cops don't suck, its your own damn fault if you get pulled over, they are just doing there job, i bet they save your *** twice as many times as they will hurt it, im not sayin dont speed, im just saying dont blame the cops...its your foot afterall...

Last edited by james6290; 05-16-06 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-16-06, 02:49 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Let's not turn this thread into a LEO bashing thread. This is the 2IS Forum for ClubLexus.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 05-16-06, 02:56 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Sorry, I wasn't trying to bash anyone in particular, i was just trying to stand up for the men in uniform
Old 05-16-06, 03:10 PM
motoguci
Driver

Default Tint...

Look on the bright side... should you have gotten a tint ticket in Hawaii you would be fined $90 per window. This includes the tiny window on the rear passenger doors. PLUS if you have tinted your windshield then your looking at a $200 min fine and a court appearance.

7 x 90 = 630 (+200?)

Grand total = $830 (not including court fees)

so sad
Old 05-16-06, 03:28 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by james6290
Sorry, I wasn't trying to bash anyone in particular, i was just trying to stand up for the men in uniform
Wasn't directed at you. Just in general.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 05-16-06, 03:35 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

ok, just makin sure

Quick Reply: Just got pulled over for speeding then...