IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Car Insurance in NY

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-06, 06:08 AM
tragic22
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Insurance in NY

What kind of insurance rates have some of yall New Yorkers been getting quoted for your IS250 or IS350?
Old 05-17-06, 07:18 AM
Jay Slay
Driver

Being that I am 24...going to be 25 in July..currently under mothers policy with full coverage from State Farm..I live in Westchester...$267/mo till July..Then July it will be around $200....I am sure there might be cheaper..but not bad.
Old 05-17-06, 08:55 AM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jay Slay
Being that I am 24...going to be 25 in July..currently under mothers policy with full coverage from State Farm..I live in Westchester...$267/mo till July..Then July it will be around $200....I am sure there might be cheaper..but not bad.
You should call Geico. I was in the same position, under my mom's policy with State Farm and paying about the same. So I called Geico and they were able to get me to 190 on a new poilcy with better coverage including a 7 year warranty on the car!!! I'm only 23 with a few problems on my driving record.
Old 05-17-06, 09:12 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Payam
You should call Geico. I was in the same position, under my mom's policy with State Farm and paying about the same. So I called Geico and they were able to get me to 190 on a new poilcy with better coverage including a 7 year warranty on the car!!! I'm only 23 with a few problems on my driving record.
GEICO is known for donating laser and radar guns to police departments to encourage them to set up speed traps. I don't think that's an appropriate use of insurance company funds; I vote with my wallet and buy my insurance elsewhere.
Old 05-17-06, 09:20 AM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bichon
GEICO is known for donating laser and radar guns to police departments to encourage them to set up speed traps. I don't think that's an appropriate use of insurance company funds; I vote with my wallet and buy my insurance elsewhere.
Wow, that's messed up!! OK, I dont like that about them, but they still have cheaper insurance....
Old 05-17-06, 09:36 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Exactly. Geico would have to offer me their insurance at almost nothing for me to even consider them.
Old 05-17-06, 09:51 AM
Premier
Pit Crew

Wow and I was thinking of getting them for insurance. Forget them now
Old 05-17-06, 10:08 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

I've never heard that about Geico, but I do know that when I called them, their salesman used very high-pressure tactics with me, and also bad-mouthed State Farm, which my parents have been using for 25 years and have had great luck with.

I went with State Farm. Right now my premium is around $1000 for 6 months which comes out to around $167/month. I am 26 and live in Manhattan. However, they said if I get renters insurance from them, it will cost an extra $140/yr and take $200/yr off my auto insurance, so that will be even cheaper. In that case I will be paying like $970/6 months for auto PLUS renters insurance. That is barely over $160/month. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

State Farm is the way to go IMHO. Someone told me they write around 2/3 of all car insurnace policies nationwide, but I'm not sure if it's true.

Last edited by diablo1; 05-19-06 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-17-06, 10:10 AM
Jay Slay
Driver

Again, I need to wait till I am 25..to found out the real deal....
Old 05-17-06, 12:59 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jay Slay
Again, I need to wait till I am 25..to found out the real deal....
I know, 13 months to go!!! I'm so excited!!
Old 05-17-06, 01:20 PM
tragic22
Rookie

Originally Posted by Payam
I've got a clean record but I'm only 22 and living in New York so I highly doubt I'd get such a cheap policy. When I get my IS i think I'm going to have to put it under my mothers name to get a decent insurance rate. She lives in connecticut and this will be the 4th car under her name so there should be a good discount for that.

for mothers
Old 05-17-06, 01:58 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tragic22
I've got a clean record but I'm only 22 and living in New York so I highly doubt I'd get such a cheap policy. When I get my IS i think I'm going to have to put it under my mothers name to get a decent insurance rate. She lives in connecticut and this will be the 4th car under her name so there should be a good discount for that.

for mothers
Your only a year younger with a better driving record. It couldn't hurt to call.
Old 05-17-06, 04:04 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm in NY (long island) and have a joint insurance policy with my boyfriend through geico..he is 26 and i am 24, with 1 speeding ticket and 1 slightly at fault accident..we are paying $1768/year for the is250 awd..but we have 3 cars on our policy and we also have homeowners insurance and renters insurance through geico...so we have a few extra discounts in there...
Old 05-17-06, 07:08 PM
newguy81
Driver School Candidate

I live on Long Island and I was quoted about 1750 for the year (liberty mutual), 25/M with a clean record
Old 05-17-06, 08:42 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

i wishH. Im fukin paying like 3600 for 6 months on a tl because my fathers had liek 3 stolen cars and what not all of out licenses are clean

Quick Reply: Car Insurance in NY