IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealer Experience Near Collapse- Need Advice Fast

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-06, 08:46 AM
x986
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about contacting the dealership owner?
Old 05-22-06, 08:50 AM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by x986
How about contacting the dealership owner?
I am not sure if they would give me his contact info. Who would I get that info from, the sales manager?
Old 05-22-06, 08:57 AM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IthacaPete
This guy sounds like a perfect tool. I would invite him to ***** and fall back in it. I suggest getting the car someplace else. I love mine as do many other people here. Make sure that you take the time to write to Lexus about your situation. Good luck.
I also fell in love with the car and have put up with the wait only because of that. Due to the long wait I actually went back and considered other cars but always returned back to my waiting. This could be the breaking point though. If you think about it, there are many great Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans out there. The only reason I choose Lexus is the dealership and service experience and that is the part they are failing me now.
Old 05-22-06, 10:35 AM
RealNinjuz
Rookie

I just went in to talk to my salesman and he took me out for a tank of gas.

While we were out, I mentioned your issue.

He told me that the surveys we all recieve about a month after we get our cars is used to determine their bonuses and things like that. He said that if you were not able to get your car elsewhere for whatever reason, totally slam him in the survey. It would cause him a lot of "discomfort".
Old 05-22-06, 11:00 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Yeah, slam them on the survey. I did. But don't ever expect to take your vehicle back there for service. I also told them to stick their dealership up their @$$ as I was leaving with my new IS.

Last edited by TimboIS; 05-22-06 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-22-06, 11:24 AM
sailing217
Pole Position

Keep us up on what's going on. I too bought from North Hills and waiting on my special order. Don't worry if you flop to the other dealership as I ordered a Manual and don't want AWD. I remember from awhile ago that someone was told a short wait time on a special order and got a loaner for a month or so till their car actually came in at North Hills. I ordered mine in March and they made sure to tell me it was going to be a long wait (I think they learned their lesson on false hope). Anything that you consider a deal breaker needs to be in writing or they can back out of it as you already know. My IS is supposed to be in around a month or so but we'll see how that goes. I got my numbers in writing for my special order, or allocation, or if it arrives as a 2007 model. If I had a trade in or any other contingencies, I would have gotten them in writing too.

Get the car, slam the survey, give your service dollars to the other dealership. Good luck
Old 05-22-06, 12:08 PM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Actually the one reason to stick with the current dealership would be to slam the guy in the survey. If I switch to the other dealership the survey will apply to the new rep (who is very professional by the way).

Options:
1. Give North Hills the profit but slam the rep and the dealer in the survey- Latter part is attractive but wouldn't his brother give him the bonus etc. regarless of how he performs anyway?
2. Get the car from the other dealer (Rohrich) and not give the profit to North Hills and slam the rep and the dealership in the letter to corporate.

I also already arranged to get my service from Rohrich regarless so I won't be going back to the North Hills zoo for anything but to pick up my car (if I even do that from them).

Of note, the owner is the same for both dealerships. The difference seems to stem from the quality of the GMs and reps at each facility.

Sailing, you are right about needing to get everything in writing. I got him to write the courtesy trades in there but I forgot to push him to make sure he added "no fee" on there. He verbally assured me and I did not think I had to get him to write it in when I was dealing with Lexus.
Old 05-22-06, 12:54 PM
RealNinjuz
Rookie

Originally Posted by Turkoman
Actually the one reason to stick with the current dealership would be to slam the guy in the survey. If I switch to the other dealership the survey will apply to the new rep (who is very professional by the way).

Options:
1. Give North Hills the profit but slam the rep and the dealer in the survey- Latter part is attractive but wouldn't his brother give him the bonus etc. regarless of how he performs anyway?
2. Get the car from the other dealer (Rohrich) and not give the profit to North Hills and slam the rep and the dealership in the letter to corporate.
I think it all depends on how big of a jerk you want to be. If you negotiated the price down considerably, his bonus for selling the car wouldn't be worth nearly as much trouble as you cause him.

Personally, since I am a vindictive *****, I would buy the car and slam the rep and the dealer in the survey. If you are slightly more mellow, go to the new dealership, write your letter, and pretend the other place doesn't exist. OR you could get a bunch of friends to stand outside of the dealership and protest with you, and THAT might be even more interesting.
Old 05-22-06, 01:03 PM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RealNinjuz
I think it all depends on how big of a jerk you want to be. If you negotiated the price down considerably, his bonus for selling the car wouldn't be worth nearly as much trouble as you cause him.

Personally, since I am a vindictive *****, I would buy the car and slam the rep and the dealer in the survey. If you are slightly more mellow, go to the new dealership, write your letter, and pretend the other place doesn't exist. OR you could get a bunch of friends to stand outside of the dealership and protest with you, and THAT might be even more interesting.
I like your style although I doubt I will have my friends standing out there with sandwich boards.

I am warming up to the idea of buying from them just to be able to slam them better in a more formal capacity.
Old 05-22-06, 01:09 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

If you use my suggestion do NOT slam the new salesperson on the survey.

The survey bonus will only affect one person and that is the new salesperson.

Assuming you are happy with the new salesperson, give him 100% on it.

The best way to get back at the village idiot is to take away and give the commission, survey bonus, and "point" for the sales tracking board to new salesperson. The sales tracking board gives you points based on how many cars you sell every month, the survey bonus is tied to it as is additional dealer bonus if you sell a lot. It's all connected. There's 3 ways he can make money off of you. Only slamming him on the survey isn't as effective.

The village idiot will know all the potential money earnings is gone and it will hurt him the most.

Do not contact the owner at this time for 2 reasons:
1. He might end up being the gm (village idiot's brother), some dealers the owner and gm is one person. If it's two different people then he will absolutely.....
2. He will notify the gm of your complaint which will draw attention to village idiot.

I would talk to sales manager now and ask for new salesperson. After you sign on the dotted line and drive off write a email to the owner, gm, customer satisfaction manager, and Lexus to complain about the whole thing.

Good luck.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 05-22-06 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-22-06, 01:14 PM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Combine 1 and 2....go to another dealership and write a letter to corporate....scald the saleperson and profoundly get across that you'll tell everyone you know to not visit the first dealership unless he's fired.

Alway write a letter to corporate. Mention a copy is sent to the Better Business Bureau and also to the dealer you have the complain with. Watch the head start rolling.
Old 05-22-06, 01:58 PM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
If you use my suggestion do NOT slam the new salesperson on the survey.

I would talk to sales manager now and ask for new salesperson. After you sign on the dotted line and drive off write a email to the owner, gm, customer satisfaction manager, and Lexus to complain about the whole thing.

Good luck.
If I can get them to agree on the 100% comission to the new sales rep, I would not slam the newly assigned rep. My guess is they will not agree to a 100% switch and the village idiot will still be in the loop and hence the need to slam with the disclaimer that the slam applies to the village idiot. If the darn car would not be so difficult to get a hold of, I would have walked away from it on Friday. The thing is so hard to find the way you want it and the ordering and waiting is just the pits.

I really would like some heads to roll so a follow up being cc'd to the owner, Better Business Bureau etc. I am also thinking about publishing a blog dedicated to my experience with them once I am done with them.
Old 05-22-06, 02:12 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I've seen the 100% commission/credit turn over before so I'm sure the manager will be happy to oblige.

Worst case scenario if they do "split" the deal the commission splits, but the survey doesn't split and will only affect the new salesperson. fyi

I'm sorry to read of your dilemna, it's difficult when they know you want something and you're kind of stuck.

Definately write the email to all the people I listed as they are people of importance.
Old 05-22-06, 05:42 PM
phish2112
Driver

wow Turk I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with North Hills.

I too also was amazed by how utterly incredible Juan De La Vega was back when he first showed me the car on Jan 2nd. I liked him so much I didn't even haggle, just ordered the car. Back then he told me 4-6 weeks. Then I called a month later to find out he was gone and salesman Ed Persinger took my file. Ed said he only got $50 from me and Juan rec'd the entire commission even though he was gone for 3+ months when my car came in.

Ed wasn't too bad, but he did lie a few times (along with the sales manager) about when the car would come in. Not very knowledgeable about the car though. I was beyond furius many times during my wait, all from how I was treated at North Hills. I too waited so long I contemplated leaving and buying a BMW 3 series....so much I actually test drove a few weeks before it was 'supposed' to come in.

I was the guy who rec'd the loaner RX for 3.5 weeks from North Hills. That was the doing of the sales manager. I had no contact with the GM so I can't comment on him. I do know, as you stated Rohrich owns both dealerships in the area. However I spent a while speaking with a salesman there (can't remember his name) because my father bought a new RX a week after I got my IS. His salesman knew absolutely NOTHING about the IS, going as far as telling me the integrated Sirius radio was already out and he could put it in my car if I wanted to. I know more than every salesman I've spoken to except Juan about the IS simply from reading this forum.

regardless....I gave North Hills and Ed a 100% perfect score on the survey last night, only because of the horror stories i've read on here about poor service if you stiff them on the survey. I too will probably have my car serviced at Rohrich because it's closer to home. However I don't want to burn any bridges just in case.

I understand your frustration. My advice to you is bite your tongue, stick it out a few more days since you've already waited for eternity, and forget about the whole ordeal. That'd be tough, but once you have your car screw em. Don't go back to North Hills. As nice as that place appears to be, I have always had the same feeling of something a little shady about that place.

Whatever you do my friend, good luck and post those picks as soon as you get it. You're at the finish line man.....
Old 05-22-06, 05:59 PM
phish2112
Driver

oh and please keep us updated.

I'd quit calling the village idiot for your info, call Mark Cohen the Sales Manager. And like I said if you stay with North Hills and don't want to be stuck with another bad rep, request Ed Persinger. He's pretty nice.

Quick Reply: Dealer Experience Near Collapse- Need Advice Fast