IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aerotect Tailight red outs

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-06, 03:59 PM
Pittdawg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerotect Tailight red outs

Those of you who have installed these, is the color fairly uniform or is it a lot darker then the rest of the tailight, from the pics on here it is hard to tell? Some look uniform, some look much darker than the rest of the tailight?
Old 05-22-06, 04:10 PM
Nicelex13
Pole Position

i dont specifically have the aerotect redouts but i have seen a bunch of pictures. It looks a little darker then the rest of the light. I instead ordered the rvinyl universal red outs which some members have already. you can get it cheaper then the aerotect ones also...just my .02
Old 05-22-06, 04:30 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

i just got mine today.. they are perfect match.. the only bad thing about the aerotect ones is that it isnt wide enough to cover the inner(closest to the trunk) part of the tailight.. so youll have a small slit of orange showing if you open the trunk
Old 05-22-06, 04:43 PM
iStyle
Driver

I'll most likely stick with the Aerotects as they're already cut and ready for installation.
Old 05-22-06, 04:49 PM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

The Aerotec ones are much darker than the rvinyl ones. I bought both to see them side by side before I put them on. The rvinyl ones are a much better match. Also just do a search to see some pics. You can tell for yourself.
Old 05-22-06, 04:51 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

you really cant determine the match by using camera pics... the camera darkens the vinyl.

if you really want to get a good match.. buy both and and see for yourself. i think the aerotect ones are fine
Old 05-22-06, 05:05 PM
jcreech
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the aerotect vinyl is definitely darker but they are pre-cut. the vinyl from rvinyl.com is much more uniform bu it is not pre-cut.
Old 05-22-06, 06:39 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jcreech
the aerotect vinyl is definitely darker but they are pre-cut. the vinyl from rvinyl.com is much more uniform bu it is not pre-cut.

obviously you havent purchased a set of aerotect vinyl..

if you guys are going just by pictures.. you have no say in this matter as cameras make it appear darker.. buy a set yourself and you will see that they are a perfect match to the rest of the tailight.
Old 05-22-06, 06:52 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vApor21
obviously you havent purchased a set of aerotect vinyl..

if you guys are going just by pictures.. you have no say in this matter as cameras make it appear darker.. buy a set yourself and you will see that they are a perfect match to the rest of the tailight.
Well, I have the aerotect red-outs installed and they are most definitely a tad darker than the rest of the taillight. I'ts not a negative for me tho, I'm very happy with the look.
Old 05-22-06, 06:58 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Foxberry
Well, I have the aerotect red-outs installed and they are most definitely a tad darker than the rest of the taillight. I'ts not a negative for me tho, I'm very happy with the look.
i agree, infact, it gives the whole tail a darker look to it, its almost like lightly tinting your tails but for no extra charge...wow, i dont know where i was going with that... you guys get my point though
Old 05-22-06, 07:13 PM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vApor21
you really cant determine the match by using camera pics... the camera darkens the vinyl.

if you really want to get a good match.. buy both and and see for yourself. i think the aerotect ones are fine
The pics that I have seen online look just like the real thing. Aerotect redouts are much darker, and the rvinyl matches the tail light best but is still a tad darker than the tailight itself. Rvinyl is a PITA to cut though, but I had to have it absolutely perfect.
Old 05-22-06, 10:04 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

I havent heard any complaints from Aerotect customers (besides this thread), so i would think it isnt much of a difference. I will probably go with Aerotect tails.
Old 05-22-06, 10:18 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

I have rvinyls and they are a perfect match as far as i can tell. I have not seen areotech's but they do look darker in the pics. Several people have posted pics of rvinyls and they've all come out very good, including mine.

and cutting it yourself is not hard at all.
Old 05-22-06, 10:28 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I think the AeroTect ones are on a spring sale for $19.95 incl shipping until May 31st so why not stick with a company you can trust?
Old 05-23-06, 07:52 AM
Solomoan
Pole Position

Smile Aerotect

For $25/ no shipping or tax, and they include the front fog light covers along with the rear tail light reds, you just can't go wrong. The redout in back is definitely a bit darker, but those blue foglight covers fit perfectly and add a very cool touch. A great, inexpensive, non time consuming mod.

Quick Reply: Aerotect Tailight red outs