IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

haha wow tustin lexus really sucks this time

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-06, 10:20 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
no you only hear about the bad ones, people will rarely come here to post about the good ones
I agree. However, it seems the best way to ensure a high level of service to establish a relationship with a dealer.

I've been using Keyes Lexus since '99 and have a great relationship with my SA. Wouldn't think about going anywhere else.
Old 05-23-06, 10:46 AM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
no you only hear about the bad ones, people will rarely come here to post about the good ones
Yes and no. While dissatisfied customers tend to be more vocal (myself currently included), there have been many posts here praising the dealership and/or service experiences here.

My point is, there should be extremely rare if any cases of irate customers in their dealings with Lexus.
Old 05-23-06, 11:41 AM
jinetix
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
What dealer was this?
Lexus of Glendale
Old 05-23-06, 01:55 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
I do not even know why you brought your car into Tustin Lexus. You should of known this.

They are the WORST Lexus Dealer in the entire state of California.
You've obviously never been to Westminster Lexus. If you took a giant pile of dog feces and put a LEXUS sign sticking out of it you'd get Westminster Lexus. When I took my IS there I was treated like I was some backwoods Ford driver. The service advisor at Westminster Lexus even went so far as to say that he knew more about the individual Lexus vehicles I've owned more than I did.

I've had several experiences with Tustin Lexus (bought the IS there and took it there for both recalls) and have always had excellent service.

I will say this, though. After I got it back from the seatbelt recall I noticed the seatbelts didn't work and weren't adjustable. I was a little upset by that fact, but considering they went through the trouble of sourcing the recall replacement belts even when they were on backorder I didn't get too steamed. When I went back and explained the situation I definitely received first class customer service, and the service advisor was even so accomodating as to find me a brand new RX350 to roll around in until the repairs were done.

So far, Tustin Lexus is the ONLY Lexus dealer local to me that I would willingly take my car back to.
Old 05-23-06, 02:03 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Leets
You've obviously never been to Westminster Lexus. If you took a giant pile of dog feces and put a LEXUS sign sticking out of it you'd get Westminster Lexus. When I took my IS there I was treated like I was some backwoods Ford driver. The service advisor at Westminster Lexus even went so far as to say that he knew more about the individual Lexus vehicles I've owned more than I did.

I've had several experiences with Tustin Lexus (bought the IS there and took it there for both recalls) and have always had excellent service.

I will say this, though. After I got it back from the seatbelt recall I noticed the seatbelts didn't work and weren't adjustable. I was a little upset by that fact, but considering they went through the trouble of sourcing the recall replacement belts even when they were on backorder I didn't get too steamed. When I went back and explained the situation I definitely received first class customer service, and the service advisor was even so accomodating as to find me a brand new RX350 to roll around in until the repairs were done.

So far, Tustin Lexus is the ONLY Lexus dealer local to me that I would willingly take my car back to.
hence why i said, "this time"
Old 05-23-06, 10:39 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems like it's a "hit or miss" when it comes to dealer servicing...

I live near Westminster, Tustin and Mission Viejo Lexus but haven't brought my car in for service with any one of them although I have heard that Mission Viejo Lexus is pretty good. Then again, I really think it depends on the problem and the person you're dealing with.

I did however brought my car in once to Longo Lexus (where I bought my car) and they treated me like royalty. I brought my car in thinking that my driver's side rear view mirror's auto dimming feature stopped working and noticed on the work order that they put "VIP customer" (dunno if this was because I have a friend who works there as a porter). I was assigned a service manager who took me in his office, sat me down, asked me what was wrong with my car and wrote up the order promptly. He then later took me back to the work area and had his tech show me what they did to determine that the mirror was working properly. Then a few days later, I received 3 separately letters from the service dept thanking me for my business although I didn't pay anything. LOL.

I would love to go back to Longo for my 5k service but the 60 miles(one way) to get there isn't really worth it with gas prices these days.
Old 05-24-06, 08:08 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

I bought and brought in my car for all the services to Tustin Lexus and so far the experience has been really good!
Old 05-25-06, 03:04 AM
fm.watch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ihkskim
i went to take my car seatbelt fixed from the recall~ and when i got it back i found the following problems when i drove off

1. SRS Light was on
2. Left Door Sill was not in 100%

i go back and they fix it

when i get home

1. Left Seatbelt Covers were LOOSE.. 3 fasteners were missing
2. Rear Sills was not on and they bent the pins on the sill pretty bad
3. Right front door sill was not in 100%
4. Right seatbelt covers was not in 100%

i had to pretty much remove it all and do it myself
Who was your tech and sa? My friend is a tech at Tustin Lexus, so if you have any more problems with them (or this problem hasn't be resolved) PM me and I can get you directly in contact with him, and he will make sure you're taken care of.
Old 05-25-06, 10:14 AM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best dealership story I heard was with someone's WRX Sti. His stock wing was a little bit off center and he went back to the dealer to get it fixed. His service advisor said that they wouldn't fix it since the wing was "aftermarket" when there was a new Sti in the showroom with the same exact wing....

Anyway, if you're not too far from Longo Lexus you should give them a try. Their SAs are very nice but sometimes their technicians are careless from my experience. Other than that I've heard good things about Longo.
Old 05-25-06, 10:21 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by RshaoKh
Best dealership story I heard was with someone's WRX Sti. His stock wing was a little bit off center and he went back to the dealer to get it fixed. His service advisor said that they wouldn't fix it since the wing was "aftermarket" when there was a new Sti in the showroom with the same exact wing....

Anyway, if you're not too far from Longo Lexus you should give them a try. Their SAs are very nice but sometimes their technicians are careless from my experience. Other than that I've heard good things about Longo.
thats funny, i heard stories about cops giving STi and EVO owners tickets because their wing was "obstructing their rear view" Drivers said it was stock and the cops said "tell it to the judge"
Old 05-25-06, 10:23 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make Sure You Talk To Jason The Service Manager. My Girl's Car Is In For The Seat Belt But Some Guy There Drop Something Round And Chip Out A Dime Size Paint On Top Of The Hood. We Fought For A Week And They Finally Decide To Fix The Hood. We Did Not Talk To Jason At First But He Is Like The Top Service Manager. Complain To Him, Don't Complain To Rene. He Sucks.
Old 05-25-06, 10:25 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is why I haven't decide if I should bring my car in cuz they have some much trouble fixing my girl's car. WTF......