IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Personalized Settings - Did You Know?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-06, 09:14 AM
IS250-AWD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Personalized Settings - Did You Know?

I just dropped off my car for the seat belt recall and mentioned a couple of settings I thought I might like to change.

The service advisor mentioned that I was only allowed one (1) LPS change for FREE.

Any future settings would incure a service charge.

I have had my car for 6 months and this is the first time I heard that.

Anybody else aware of this policy. Should I have known this much earlier?
Old 05-23-06, 09:16 AM
Premier
Pit Crew

Wow that sounds ridiculous if it's true. I'd like to know as well
Old 05-23-06, 09:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

that's correct, you can have it changed one time for free, usually with your 5k service but not mandatory.

that's why they give you the list when you buy your car and give you the time to figure out what you want
Old 05-23-06, 09:27 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this list in the manual, or does the dealer actually hand it to you?
Old 05-23-06, 09:29 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have the material in front of me but I remember reading something about having the personalized settings changed gratis for the first year of ownership?
Old 05-23-06, 09:30 AM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
Is this list in the manual, or does the dealer actually hand it to you?
I don't think the list is in the manual. My sales person was suppose to give me the list on the day of sale but he said it would be sent by mail instead. But I never got it and just had the settings changed when I did my 5k Service.
Old 05-23-06, 09:39 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

You can find the "rules" on the "My Lexus" section of the website. Here they are, cut and pasted from the site:

"Only your Lexus dealer can make LPS adjustments. Your first LPS service will be complimentary. After 1,000 miles, a small fee may apply. For this reason, we recommend you drive your vehicle for a while before requesting any Lexus Personalized Settings adjustments. To see what LPS options are available for each vehicle, click on any of the links below."
Old 05-23-06, 09:48 AM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bichon
You can find the "rules" on the "My Lexus" section of the website. Here they are, cut and pasted from the site:

"Only your Lexus dealer can make LPS adjustments. Your first LPS service will be complimentary. After 1,000 miles, a small fee may apply. For this reason, we recommend you drive your vehicle for a while before requesting any Lexus Personalized Settings adjustments. To see what LPS options are available for each vehicle, click on any of the links below."
The wording of it is kind of ambiguous, though. Is it saying that you get free LPS service, as many times as you want, up until 1,000 miles? Is it saying that you get only one free LPS service, and then you pay for rest, regardless of whether you've passed the 1,000 mile mark? Is it saying that if you don't use your free LPS service by the time you reach 1,000 miles, you have to pay for it?

Old 05-23-06, 10:24 AM
mr.BeboT
Driver

I received the LPS form when I picked the car up. There is even 2 stickers on my windshield one reminding about the 5k checkup and the other reminding about LPS.
Old 05-23-06, 11:36 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

The LPS settings are not the type of settings that users need to frequently adjust. One time is all you need. That's why they don't adjust them at point of sale, you need to have time to figure out what you like and what you don't like. When you figure this out, you go to Lexus, make the changes, and 90% of owners will be satisfied and forget about it.

The other settings that people are really particular about, you can change those yourself for free, as often as you want. But the LPS settings are not like that. I think the one-time free is because they don't want people to simply change their minds at will I'm pretty sure if something with your situation changes making it impossible to enjoy your car as is, Lexus will probably fix it for you even if that means a change in LPS.
Old 05-23-06, 11:44 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bichon

Then I WAS ROBBED! I didnt get any sheet! The service dept gave me a sheet for the 05 IS300, when I came in to replace my center console lid. They didnt have the sheet for the IS350/250. It was not on the website at the time.
Old 05-23-06, 03:48 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what are some examples of LPS's?
Old 05-23-06, 04:53 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

i didnt get a sheet either..
Old 05-23-06, 05:36 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

I didn't get a sheet either, but I pretty much know what I want changed. I was planning to do the seat belt recall, first oil change, and the LPS all at the same time. I just hope they don't charge me since I have more than 1,000 miles on my car already.
Old 05-23-06, 05:38 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool Personalized Settings Available List

http://www.lexus.com/assets/models/w...ectionForm.pdf

Quick Reply: Personalized Settings - Did You Know?