IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

air conditioning problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-06, 05:39 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Oum'sIS
I heard that running the car in recirc is bad for the car.
Why would you think that? In recirc mode you get cooler air (quicker), it requires less load on the AC system as you're recirculating already cold air, rather than cooling outside air which it likely a higher temp.
Old 05-25-06, 05:47 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Usuallywhen you just get into the car, and blast that A/C. The Climate Control system will run the A/C in Recirculation, because it will cool the interior cabin faster. Once it gets to the right temp, it will revert back to your outside air, if you had it on that setting before.
Old 05-25-06, 05:54 PM
Scotty99
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last few days here in south GA mid 95's and no problems with the AC here.
Old 05-25-06, 09:56 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

My AC gets cool within the first minute of turning it on. I often have to raise it to about 75 degrees or else it gets too cold
Old 05-25-06, 11:58 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Why would you think that? In recirc mode you get cooler air (quicker), it requires less load on the AC system as you're recirculating already cold air, rather than cooling outside air which it likely a higher temp.

I dont know about the Lexus, but I've been in a couple cars that when in normal mode, the AC clutch engages/disengages at regular intervals, when in recirc, it would just stay on the entire time. I wouldn't say that either one is better than the other for the car as I don't think having the clutch constantly engage/disengage is any better.
Old 05-26-06, 08:32 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default problem found

dealer tells me that the ac condensor has been struck and damaged by something, it leaked all the coolant. must order part that will arrive on tuesday. since it is hot here, easily hit 87, 88, 89 degrees this weekend, i should keep the loaner rx330 in the meantime lol.
Old 05-26-06, 08:35 AM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kensteele
dealer tells me that the ac condensor has been struck and damaged by something, it leaked all the coolant. must order part that will arrive on tuesday. since it is hot here, easily hit 87, 88, 89 degrees this weekend, i should keep the loaner rx330 in the meantime lol.
I wonder what could have damaged it?
Old 05-26-06, 09:02 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something struck it? Interesting.

I told you to stop off roading in the IS Ken!
Old 05-26-06, 11:07 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 276 Likes on 244 Posts

Are they covering it under warranty, or are they blaming the physical damage on you? (I'm guessing the former, since you're not *****ing about it. )

Oh, and just to pick a nit, the stuff in the condensor is refrigerant, not coolant.
Old 05-26-06, 12:06 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bichon
Are they covering it under warranty, or are they blaming the physical damage on you? (I'm guessing the former, since you're not *****ing about it. )

Oh, and just to pick a nit, the stuff in the condensor is refrigerant, not coolant.
yeah, that cooling stuff, refrigerant.

we never talked about. i'm pretty sure it's a warranty issue. the condensor is not supposed to be exposed to road debris like tires and body panels, etc and it's not normal wear and tear. even so, it shouldn't be punctured or disabled so easily. how could it not be covered under warranty as a bad part? after all my car is only 6 months old and this is Lexus, I think I'll be find. will find out on tuesday.
Old 05-26-06, 12:08 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah, that cooling stuff, refrigerant.

we never talked about. i'm pretty sure it's a warranty issue. the condensor is not supposed to be exposed to road debris like tires and body panels, etc and it's not normal wear and tear. even so, it shouldn't be punctured or disabled so easily. how could it not be covered under warranty as a bad part? after all my car is only 6 months old and this is Lexus, I think I'll be find. will find out on tuesday.
Not trying to scare you but some G35 owners had the same issue. Infiniti told them that they were SOL.
Old 05-26-06, 12:10 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by al503
Not trying to scare you but some G35 owners had the same issue. Infiniti told them that they were SOL.
I think with enough b-itching, Lexus should cover it under warranty.
Old 05-26-06, 12:20 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Payam
I think with enough b-itching, Lexus should cover it under warranty.
Agree. Infiniti was crap when it came to warranty issues. Part of the reason I don't own one anymore.
Old 05-26-06, 10:08 PM
mikewpu04
Driver

normal wear and tear couldn't possibily be considered in a car you've owned less then a year!! I mean, what part including brakes and tires could be worn out/damaged normally and thus not be covered? you should be fine! good luck!
Old 05-26-06, 10:12 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This will end well I'm sure. Ahhhh, cool once again!!

Quick Reply: air conditioning problems