IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Out-of-this-World Service! Received Bottle of Wine and Bouquet from Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-06, 08:16 PM
dsdfan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out-of-this-World Service! Received Bottle of Wine and Bouquet from Lexus

Two weeks after taking ownership of an IS250, Lexus delivered a weaved basket coddling a bottle of very nice wine, bouquet of flowers and a thank-you note from the GM of the Lexus dealership.

I also got a really cool Lexus umbrella, cap and other stuff as complimentary gifts when I got the car.

Brought the car in for 1,000 km service and I got to enjoy leather seats in a plush lounge where a waitress served a variety of beverages, pies sandwiches and fruit.

The IS250 car is worth paying for without any extras, but these surprising touches make owning a Lexus a transcendant experience.

I'm sure Lexus service is as extravagant worldwide?
Old 05-23-06, 08:24 PM
LexFather

Great news and story! With so many people bickering, its great to hear a good news story
Old 05-23-06, 08:40 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Alrighty then. Where is SG cause I'm headed there for my service. J/K. I've never gotten a bottle of wine, etc., but the service at my local dealership is exemplary. They actually get it. I'm glad yours does also. Congrats.
Old 05-23-06, 09:08 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Dang someone go to my dealer and show them whats really "service"
Old 05-23-06, 09:36 PM
RealNinjuz
Rookie

My lexus dealership sent me a freshly baked loaf of fruit and nut bread on a small wooden stand.

Not a bottle of wine or anything, but certainly unexpected. I was harassed by all of my guests for the next 2 days since it smelled (and tasted) VERY good.

Also, my salesman told me to bring in my survey form and give it to him and he will give me a free tank of 91 octane gas.

I love my Lexus dealership. Maybe they rip me off for service, but at least they give me free bread and gas.
Old 05-23-06, 10:23 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RealNinjuz
Also, my salesman told me to bring in my survey form and give it to him and he will give me a free tank of 91 octane gas.
That way if you rate them anywhere below 100% your survey goes into the circular filing bin.
Old 05-23-06, 10:44 PM
RealNinjuz
Rookie

He asked me to bring it in blank.

$50 worth of gas for a blank sheet of paper when I would have given them 100% anyway? YES PLEASE!
Old 05-23-06, 10:56 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RealNinjuz
He asked me to bring it in blank.
Dealers are such cheaters... But hell if you were going to give them 100% anyways! I'll take $50 worth of gas.
Old 05-24-06, 04:44 PM
WhoDat
Pole Position

I got this basket from Lexus after they Handed me the Keys to my car.......But they said something about me getting a Lexus coffee cup or hat or somethig to that effect after I did my customer survey and send it in......havent seen that yet

Our Lexus dealership has built a massage room in addition to the other little things that stand out from other service areas. I'm tryingt to think of some reason to take the car in for just to get my back rubbed..... Wait....the free car wash for life....yea! that's it!! Car wash and a back rub!!
Old 05-24-06, 05:07 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Wow nice... I didnt get a basket like that. I did get a free coffee cup and license plate frame. but i think that was out of the salesmans commission or "store credit"
Old 05-24-06, 05:23 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Dang, you guys have got it good. I have never gotten anything from my dealer except for two free keychains with the dealership name on them, Lexus of Manhattan. When I went to pick up my car after the recall, I even had to wait in line for like 10 min to get the keys!

The car is great but I have to say that the dealership is nothing special so far. Toyota of Manhattan service dept, here I come!
Old 05-24-06, 06:19 PM
MCLAREN369
Driver School Candidate

I little off topic, but anyways, how long after purchasing the car does the survey arrive? I bought my IS250 on the 30th of April and still haven't gotten anything. I was expecting it within a few days after purchase but it never arrived.
Old 05-24-06, 07:04 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MCLAREN369
I little off topic, but anyways, how long after purchasing the car does the survey arrive? I bought my IS250 on the 30th of April and still haven't gotten anything. I was expecting it within a few days after purchase but it never arrived.

What survey? Online? I got an online one... but none in the mail...
Old 05-24-06, 07:18 PM
MCLAREN369
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
What survey? Online? I got an online one... but none in the mail...
The salesman went over it after I bought my car. The survey asks question about how you were treated by the dealership and the salesman. Basically you grade you purchasing experience. The salesman said that if I didn't fill out good things in the survey, he wouldn't get paid for that sale. Because he said that, i'm wondering why i haven't recieved anything yet. My salesman was great and i don't want him not to be paid.
Old 05-24-06, 08:47 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Oh the paper one? I think mine kept it and filled it out himself. He casually said " So everything went smoothly in this sale right?" and waived a card / paper in the air and put it in his binder. I kinda figured what it was but I didnt really care.

Quick Reply: Out-of-this-World Service! Received Bottle of Wine and Bouquet from Lexus