IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Turning off Seatbelt Chime.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-06, 05:05 AM
ekohn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning off Seatbelt Chime.

I'm one of the folks who doesn't wear a seatbelt all the time.

Its very annoying to drive and have the chime go off. Is there a way to disable it?

Years ago, I had a honda and all i needed to do what cut a wire under the seat. I've searched a few forums with no luck (i have a AWD AS250).

thanks.
Old 05-25-06, 05:10 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The search probably wasn't working for you, let me help you out: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...earchid=642656
Old 05-25-06, 07:17 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can we pass a new rule? No more sarcastic replies. He didnt search, big deal. I swear some people get 30% of their posts by telling others to search. Nearly everything in these forums is repetitive, in one way or another.
Old 05-25-06, 07:20 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexusSC430
Can we pass a new rule? No more sarcastic replies. He didnt search, big deal. I swear some people get 30% of their posts by telling others to search. Nearly everything in these forums is repetitive, in one way or another.
Kensteele, actually helped the guy out 2 fold, he reminded him he could
of found it by using the search and he also posted the link for him
Old 05-25-06, 08:08 AM
RealNinjuz
Rookie

And the search came up blank.
Old 05-25-06, 08:14 AM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

Here you go...but you really should wear your seatbelt all the time.

Seatbelt Hack

1. turn the key to the ON position which means pressing the start button twice on the new IS since it doesn't has the key, foot off the brake
2. Press the trip reset button couple of times until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B)
3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position
4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.
5. turn the key to the ON position again press the start button twice. when the dash lights comes on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)
6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.
7.and the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.
8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off.
Old 05-25-06, 08:27 AM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

This is good to know even when you do wear your seat belt all the time. Yesterday, I didn't put it on quick enough I guess after having to accept the Nav agreement, etc. it started beeping and then beeping furiously, and I'm yelling okay, okay, I'm putting it on. And, also when you put something heavy in the passenger seat it beeps. So I think it would be good to have this option to disable. Thanks!
Old 05-25-06, 09:25 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

I think this is FAQ worthy :P
Old 05-25-06, 09:38 AM
XKronite
Driver School Candidate

Awesome tip - thank you !!
Does this turn the chime off for both the driver and the passenger, or just the driver?
Old 05-25-06, 09:55 AM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

It turns off the chime for both
Old 05-25-06, 10:31 AM
XKronite
Driver School Candidate

Kewl - Thanks again !!
Old 05-25-06, 11:09 AM
Dj Rando
Pole Position

So it will be completly gone forever??? SO GREAT IF THIS IS TRUE
Old 05-25-06, 11:46 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusSC430
It's probably a good rule, but I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I agree with whoever said simply telling them to search doesn't work since others will search, find the thread, then all it says is "search". So I posted a search link, which worked at the time. That way you can get all the links related to topic AND you don't have to read thru multiple reposts...which is why we have an faq.

To be fair, I also didn't post a link instead of the answer because I know the OP didn't search....all I did was type in seatbelt and a bunch of the right answers came back right away. I don't think this forum is awfully repetitive at all, we have new members joining all the time and everyone is getting new cars every week...which is a good thing.
Old 05-25-06, 01:49 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kensteele
It's probably a good rule, but I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I agree with whoever said simply telling them to search doesn't work since others will search, find the thread, then all it says is "search". So I posted a search link, which worked at the time. That way you can get all the links related to topic AND you don't have to read thru multiple reposts...which is why we have an faq.

To be fair, I also didn't post a link instead of the answer because I know the OP didn't search....all I did was type in seatbelt and a bunch of the right answers came back right away. I don't think this forum is awfully repetitive at all, we have new members joining all the time and everyone is getting new cars every week...which is a good thing.
I didnt mean to get on your case or single you out. I stopped going to a certain other IS forum because 90% of the posts were saying, repeat, or search or etc. I couldnt take it anymore. I look at it like this, if you own a store and a new customer comes in and asks where something is, would you ever say to them..."well, did you look around?" No, of course not. My point being, even if the search was working, why not just help the guy out. Its good customer service. Ive been on this board for going on 5 years now, and 3 Lexus' later. Everyone has always been so helpful. Just trying to keep it that way.

Back to the post. Yes, the fix does work and it great, and I wear my seatbelt all the time, but man is that thing annoying.
Old 05-25-06, 02:30 PM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dj Rando
So it will be completly gone forever??? SO GREAT IF THIS IS TRUE
Yes it will be completely gone forever! You will still have the red blinking warning sign but the chime is gone.

Quick Reply: Turning off Seatbelt Chime.