IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

has anyone installed a Lidatek kit on their 2IS yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-06, 02:25 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone installed a Lidatek kit on their 2IS yet?

or am I going to have to be the guinea pig?
Old 05-27-06, 04:44 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

whats lidatek?
Old 05-27-06, 04:49 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wolverine
whats lidatek?
www.lidatek.com
Old 05-27-06, 05:12 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you shall be the g.p. you probably need it more in ct than most of us.
Old 05-27-06, 05:57 PM
Tuxlex
Driver

I have one in my previous car. But I never bothered to install it in my IS.

First of all, they don't use laser in my state.
Second, its a pain. It shuts off after you turn off the ignition and to get it
to turn on, you have to manualy turn it on every time. Then it makes a
defeningly loud sound upon startup.

It only went off once since I had it when I was on a trip trough Va. There was a handheld
laser gun pointed at me from the median up ahead. When I passed the bears, they were
scatching their heads and shaking their laser gun in frustration .
Old 05-27-06, 06:22 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tuxlex
I have one in my previous car. But I never bothered to install it in my IS.

First of all, they don't use laser in my state.
Second, its a pain. It shuts off after you turn off the ignition and to get it
to turn on, you have to manualy turn it on every time. Then it makes a
defeningly loud sound upon startup.

It only went off once since I had it when I was on a trip trough Va. There was a handheld
laser gun pointed at me from the median up ahead. When I passed the bears, they were
scatching their heads and shaking their laser gun in frustration .
Here in CT laser is the weapon of choice. I drive 30K miles a year in the northeast so I'm seriously looking into it.
Old 05-27-06, 06:24 PM
lexy250
Lead Lap

i think its a waste =P imho
Old 05-27-06, 06:30 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexy250
i think its a waste =P imho
based on what?
Old 05-27-06, 07:51 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

usaly laser is different from k super wide and x bands. it is like someone spraying your car with water. they pull the triger and it spurts water. so it is alot harder to ditect laser and usaly you are getting taged when it dues. there is 2 3 was past laser but olny i maybe 2 fesible. first get some device to jam the laser sigonal. now the drawback to that is it is aginst fcc regs. 2 modify your lights and raid and front end to reflect the laser away from the poliece. and the 3rd and probley the most feasible is to stop the laser from bouncing off with
Old 05-27-06, 08:59 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slowandlow
usaly laser is different from k super wide and x bands. it is like someone spraying your car with water. they pull the triger and it spurts water. so it is alot harder to ditect laser and usaly you are getting taged when it dues. there is 2 3 was past laser but olny i maybe 2 fesible. first get some device to jam the laser sigonal. now the drawback to that is it is aginst fcc regs. 2 modify your lights and raid and front end to reflect the laser away from the poliece. and the 3rd and probley the most feasible is to stop the laser from bouncing off with
Wow, I don't know where to even start with this. Of course laser is different from RADAR (K, Ka, X). Do you even know how Lidatek works? Lidatek *IS* a laser jammer. It constantly scans for laser activity and then transmits a response pulse that won't allow the laser gun to estimate an object speed.

Laser jammers like the Lidatek aren't illegal in the US. If they were, they wouldn't be available for sale to the public. The FCC is the Federal Communications Commission, which has precisely nothing to do with laser jammers because they are a light-emitting product. The only similar product the FCC has control over is RADAR detectors; for public consumption they are only allowed to detect RADAR, but not jam or subvert it.
Old 05-27-06, 10:06 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by slowandlow
why don't you work on your communication skills. not only do you have your facts wrong but also most of what you say doesn't make any sense. your lack of skills is a dead giveway to your lack of knowledge on the topic; no one who halfway knows what they are talking about would express their ideas in such a poor way. sorry but it's simply impossible for you to get it right the way you wrote it.
Old 05-27-06, 11:31 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by conekiller
based on what?
based on the fact that any laser issued speeding ticket is 100% defeatable in court.

the ability to record a cars exact mph via laser requires the laser to be calibrated much to often (due to the vibration of the patrol car).

find any half assed lawyer and after one ticket yuo'll know how to defend yourself.

i hate to say it, but i'm one of those people who belive the legal system is so ****ed up you could probably find a loophole with anything. i've been around it too long and seen too many worse cases get released on crap. case in point in college i got out of a mal-issued DUI for the cop didn't have a camera in his car to record the sobriaty test. he pulled me and arrested me becuase i reaked of alcohol (apparently just getting off work in the biggest college bar in SC isn't a reason to smell as such). i had been drinking a bit but no where near drunk driving. 4 beers over 8 hours of work & pool hardly equals a dui. pos campus cop

Last edited by uschardcor; 05-27-06 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-28-06, 07:08 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by uschardcor
based on the fact that any laser issued speeding ticket is 100% defeatable in court.

the ability to record a cars exact mph via laser requires the laser to be calibrated much to often (due to the vibration of the patrol car).

find any half assed lawyer and after one ticket yuo'll know how to defend yourself.

i hate to say it, but i'm one of those people who belive the legal system is so ****ed up you could probably find a loophole with anything. i've been around it too long and seen too many worse cases get released on crap. case in point in college i got out of a mal-issued DUI for the cop didn't have a camera in his car to record the sobriaty test. he pulled me and arrested me becuase i reaked of alcohol (apparently just getting off work in the biggest college bar in SC isn't a reason to smell as such). i had been drinking a bit but no where near drunk driving. 4 beers over 8 hours of work & pool hardly equals a dui. pos campus cop
if police cars had cameras in them when you were in college, you haven't been around as long as you think. if you've think the legal system is so messed up then you know it works both ways, which could also mean no matter how much "good info" you have for your case, nothing you say or do can get you out of a traffic violation. the judge just finds you guilty regardless. the legal system is NOT that broken, people who show aren't just walking. it certainly isn't like that when it comes to traffic court.

first of all, there are a few states that have given laser judicial notice so your first statement is not right about it being 100% defeatable. you can look it up if you don't know what that means. second of all, laser is a stationary tool and it is usually handheld, not mounted in the patrol car and not used while the patrol car is moving. your statement that police car vibrations require the handheld laser to be calibrated so much that accuracy is legally compromised is ludricrous. have you even seen a laser?

there aren't any facts in your post....including your sc dui incident.
Old 05-28-06, 07:54 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

well aren't you just the ******* who thinks he knows everything. jesus did you even read the post?

i'd love to hear how you know what did and didn't happen in my life more than me. the police car DIDN'T have a camera inside as most campus police forces are underfunded, or not funded enough for every or any car to have them. and yea the legal system works both ways, anyone who knows how to work it also knows the only way to win in your favor is to tilt the case to your side and move for dismissal when you find a hole.

keep beating yourself in the head maybe you'll become less of a internet jerk.