IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I LOVE MY LEXUS!!!.........But.....(thread)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-06, 11:20 AM
Turkoman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
My other serious complaint is how little leg room there is in the back for my passengers. I don't have super long legs or anything but in order for me to sit comfortably to drive, the passenger in back of me would either have no legs or very short/small ones as there're no leg room left.
I had to move my seat forward to get my laptop case to fit in upright in there and my case is very low profile. It is definitely not meant for long excursions with 4-5 adults.

Since the back is so tiny, a convertible coup makes sense as lack of rear seat legroom is expected in that case.
Old 05-31-06, 12:20 PM
Jimmer350
Driver

I agree the mirror shake has nothing to do with the stereo. It might shake when it's on but if I have my sunroof open and the stereo OFF it shakes so damn hard I can't tell what kind of car is behind me!!

It annoys me to no end....
Old 05-31-06, 01:38 PM
LexusSara
Rookie

cheap led clock and

BRAKE DUST...

TURN SIGNAL NOT CANCELLING AFTER TURN.....
Old 05-31-06, 01:55 PM
Francis
Pole Position

BMW is more famous on brake dust. There is no way to clean it every couple of days. My solution is to replace it with Axxis brake pad. I did it on my BMW 01330ia, now it only produces 10% of brake dust compare with oem.

Francis 99' RX,
01' 330ia
Old 05-31-06, 01:59 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The LED clock does have to go.

In terms of the brake dust, I kinda like it. It makes the wheels look like they're more gunmetal It really doesn't bother me at all.
Old 05-31-06, 02:25 PM
WhoDat
Pole Position

[QUOTE=dana_daen]
Originally Posted by WhoDat
Ok,
I love this car, really! However, I started to notice things that's buging the hell out of me.....Like

1. The rear view mirror bouncng around while playing music....hell I can only take so much bass out of the sound ya know. (is there a fix for that?)

Which stereo system do you have the standard 194-watt 13 speaker, or the ML (300-watt I think....) 14 speaker. If the 14, is the woofer the same as in the standard........anybody??
Standard system..........Wait.......Theres a woofer with the standard?.................
Old 05-31-06, 03:23 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uschardcor
it has nothing to do with the stereo. the rear view mirror isn't mounted to the glass, but to the roof panel. as speed increase air passing over the roof panel increases its vibration which travels to the rear view.

drive around the interstate at 60,70 w/ no music and it will still shake a good bit
Then why is it that my rear view mirror vibrates to the beat of the bass? I've never heard of air vibrating to a beat. It doesn't bother me though.

Brake dust - hate it! I like driving in a clean car...including the wheels. Right now, I wipe the front off every other day, the rear - every 4 days. It takes 5 minutes. I'm changing to less dusty pads when it becomes available. I use a California duster twice a week.

I wonder if people with expensive after market wheels are cleaning them all the time. I know I would. It's kinda pointless to have expensive wheels and leave them dirty all the time.

Last edited by Flipsonic; 05-31-06 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-31-06, 04:47 PM
phish2112
Driver

The brake dust is ridiculous.

I don't mind the clock.

But I can't wait any longer for Sirius!
Old 05-31-06, 07:17 PM
dana_daen
Driver

Originally Posted by LexusSara
cheap led clock and

BRAKE DUST...

TURN SIGNAL NOT CANCELLING AFTER TURN.....

huh? what you have to manually turn the signal off after your turn is complete??!
Old 05-31-06, 07:45 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dana_daen
huh? what you have to manually turn the signal off after your turn is complete??!
Lots of times I encounter gradual turns that are not sharp enough to cancel the turn signal so I end up having to do it manually. Same exact roads didn't happen on my previous car Acura.
Old 06-01-06, 07:56 PM
svwcl
Driver School Candidate

Default Little things that bug you about the Lx es 350

Absolutely! I've had mine less than a month and it is now in the shop overnight (got a loaner) for noise/rattling on the passenger side of the car. I cannot tell if something in the passenger door or something under the seat is loose but when I ride over (even) small bumps, I hear the rattle I heard in my 10+ year old chevy. Very distracting and annoying in light of the cost of the car and the fact that it is new. Let's hope everyone keeps sharing so we can see if this is pervasive or not.

Originally Posted by WhoDat
Ok,
I love this car, really! However, I started to notice things that's buging the hell out of me.....Like

1. The rear view mirror bouncng around while playing music....hell I can only take so much bass out of the sound ya know. (is there a fix for that?)

2. Brake dust! You figure they would at leat put a good pair of bake pads on a Lexus named car!

3. Side mirrors seem kinda big...(could be just me)

Anyone else have little thingy's that they noticed?
Old 06-01-06, 09:48 PM
Kavistar
Rookie

I agree with the brake dust. That has to go.

But the rearview mirror isn't that big of a deal to me. Whenever I am listening to the music loud enough to shake the mirror to the point of irritating me, I will just live with it. I guess, coming from a '98 Accord, I am just not used to the spoiled life of luxury.

The clock looks a little cheesy, but not enough for me to think Lexus cheaped out on me, but the location isn't the greatest. Higher up would be good, or even being able to set the display in the dash to outside temp and clock would have been good. IMO
Old 06-01-06, 10:59 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

I have another gripe. The so-called "ventilated" seats! When I bought the car, I was bragging to everyone how I have these one of a kind seat feature and now I find out they're nothing more than air blowers for my butt! I don't even know why we have them when they're not even cold...
Old 06-02-06, 02:37 AM
LexusSara
Rookie

Originally Posted by dana_daen
most of the time, i have to manually cancel the turn signal after my turn is complete.

I don't know if it because of a shallow turn or not a full 90 turn or what.

I like my mercedes cause their signal sensed any type of turn and shut off soon after
Old 06-02-06, 06:09 AM
kappy
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down IS250 Gripes

Just a few gripes:

- Two recalls, unheard of with our previous 5 Lexus'
- Poor choice of location for trunk and filler door release buttons
- Trunk doesn't pop-up when opened
- No fold down rear seats
- Can't transfer phone book from Verizon phones
- No driver 1/driver 2 memory settings
- Stupid looking clock
- Annoying seat belt chime
- Lawyer screen
- Transmission seems to hunt for correct gear on off-ramps
- No Sirrius radio yet
- No integrated radio, satellite and cell phone shark fin antenna
- Premature paint wear
- Underpowered

Quick Reply: I LOVE MY LEXUS!!!.........But.....(thread)