IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

iPod Integration from Dice Electronics

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-06, 08:27 PM
MYIS350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod Integration from Dice Electronics

Hi, everyone. I know this company name has been brought up before. But no one has actually try to install it. That thread ended with an uncertainty of whether it will work on the new IS. On their website, they provide an install guide for 2006 GS model. Thus, I would think that it would work on the GS and the new IS. It would show everything, such as the title of the song and the artist, on your screen (with or without Nav, I think) when you install it to your car. I think this is brilliant. It costs $159.99. I think the price is alright though. Thanks for listening!

Here is the webstie: http://www.diceelectronics.com/

And here is the GS install guide: http://support.diceelectronics.com/f...us_install.pdf
Old 06-01-06, 08:51 PM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, this certainly is interesting, i would be so in for this.
Old 06-01-06, 10:27 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

well how about everyone buy it and try it instead of just talking about it. I would do it myself if I actually owned an ipod.
Old 06-01-06, 10:57 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

that looks just like that other device that works on the new 2is. except cheaper.
Old 06-02-06, 04:52 AM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kensteele
that looks just like that other device that works on the new 2is. except cheaper.
link please?
Old 06-02-06, 06:48 AM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Definitely interested as well so I emailed them this morning to see if its compatible with the IS350 so lets see what they say.
Old 06-02-06, 07:33 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PNice972
link please?
here's the link.
Old 06-02-06, 07:34 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=210794
Old 06-02-06, 07:59 AM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CoasterG
Definitely interested as well so I emailed them this morning to see if its compatible with the IS350 so lets see what they say.
I called and spoke to Lisa at dice. She said that it IS compatible with the IS250/350. She also went on to say that they have seen compatibility issues with SOME cars that have the NAV/Disc Changer. She said that they are in the process of debugging the cars that have the issue, but stressed that not all the NAV/Changer cars have a problem. She also said that they have a 30 day money back and if there is an issue they will send you any RMA for an exchange. With all that said, I went ahead and ordered a kit. So, I guess I will take the responsibility as the tester for the CL IS's. If you would like to talk to them you can call 1-888-342-3999 x123 and talk to Lisa.

BTW - She told me that the compatibility issue they see in some cars is one of sound quality not functionality. She said the sound quality is not up to their standards and would gladly exchange the controller if this happens.

Last edited by IS350_PHIL; 06-02-06 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-02-06, 08:37 AM
Aclarke
Driver

can you still use your CD changer if you install this?
Old 06-02-06, 10:23 AM
MD727
Rookie

I just ordered it as well - will let you know how it goes....
Old 06-02-06, 10:31 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mmmm, subscribed.
Old 06-08-06, 05:43 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS350_PHIL
I called and spoke to Lisa at dice. She said that it IS compatible with the IS250/350. She also went on to say that they have seen compatibility issues with SOME cars that have the NAV/Disc Changer. She said that they are in the process of debugging the cars that have the issue, but stressed that not all the NAV/Changer cars have a problem. She also said that they have a 30 day money back and if there is an issue they will send you any RMA for an exchange. With all that said, I went ahead and ordered a kit. So, I guess I will take the responsibility as the tester for the CL IS's. If you would like to talk to them you can call 1-888-342-3999 x123 and talk to Lisa.

BTW - She told me that the compatibility issue they see in some cars is one of sound quality not functionality. She said the sound quality is not up to their standards and would gladly exchange the controller if this happens.
Nice, I think I'm going to jump in and order one next week - I like that its smaller and less expensive than the VAIS model, I'm hoping the functionality is equivalent. Never got an email back from them however which worries me a little bit.
Old 06-08-06, 06:23 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350_PHIL

So, they mean on some IS it will work perfect and some car it will not...roll the Dice. I will get my Vaistech unit this weekend and I will install it with pic. My IS350 with nav/ml, so we'll see.
Old 06-08-06, 09:52 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VVT-i
So, they mean on some IS it will work perfect and some car it will not...roll the Dice. I will get my Vaistech unit this weekend and I will install it with pic. My IS350 with nav/ml, so we'll see.
It appears that she mislead me a bit. I got my unit and installed it this evening and no text, but nice sound. Called DICE and they said that Toyota/Lexus has updated the touch screen firmware in later produced nav units and they have not reverse engineered it yet. He lead me to believe that once they get a test car with the new firmware it should not take long to get it fixed. I posted pics and other stuff in this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220835

Quick Reply: iPod Integration from Dice Electronics