IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Xenon Depot 6000k Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-06, 12:28 AM
flyfl1pguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by javylsu
As promised, here are the pics... They are a fantastic "diamond" white, as has been mentioned earlier. Really bright, and very impressive. Well worth the money - thanks to Xenon Depot for the group buy, johung for the referral, and Alpha Tint for a great installation!

]
How is the wiring installation? Is the wire expose or pretty much hidden? Probably will just go there to get my HIDs installed there.
Old 07-03-06, 08:57 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

It is very much hidden - you have to actually search for the wires and ballasts when you open the engine bay. I'll take pictures and post them here when I get home from work tonight.

Javier
Old 07-03-06, 04:08 PM
Pennybags
Driver School Candidate

I am new to this so forgive me if this has been discussed.

What is the difference between these kits and the Factory installed HIDs?
Old 07-04-06, 09:51 PM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by javylsu
It is very much hidden - you have to actually search for the wires and ballasts when you open the engine bay. I'll take pictures and post them here when I get home from work tonight.

Javier
PICTURES? ? ?
Old 07-04-06, 10:44 PM
theEND
Driver School Candidate

Looks very nice

Quick question, in person does the 6000k have a hint of light blue-ish or is it mostly bright white. The reason I ask is that I see some cars equipped with aftermarket HIDs and have that really light blue-ish output (when compared to the 4300k). I personally don't like it too much.

I keep going back and forth on getting either the 4300k and 6000k.
Old 07-05-06, 05:36 PM
alex310
Driver School Candidate

Is it required to remove/drop the front bumper to install the HIDs?
Old 07-05-06, 05:49 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow. A pair of HID light bulbs is like $4XX.. geesh.
Old 07-05-06, 06:21 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
PICTURES? ? ?
Oops! So sorry, I just got around to uploading the pictures yesterday... Click the link in my signature to my photo gallery, and go to the XenonDepot folder. You'll see several pictures there of the finished installation. I'd post them here, but I'm writing this from my Treo and I can't copy the links and such...

Javier
Old 07-05-06, 09:30 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johung
Xenon Depot - Philips 6000k (slim ballasts) Installed!

sorry, no pictures of the install, because i got it done at a shop for $60.00

The pictures show the lights a little bluer than they really are. In person they look just bright diamond white. looks perfect
How is the output on the asphalt ground? does it look blue on the ground? or white? I had a 6k kit but it looked pretty blue so i went w/ 5000k.
Old 07-05-06, 11:58 PM
acl15
Lead Lap

So, one thing that I really must ask is... is there much of a difference between 4300k and 6000k? They look very similar from certain angles in pictures so I really need your opinions (from those that have seen each in person). I want it to be bright but I'd also like there to be some blue in the color as well. Not sure how much the projectors influence the color of the light. Thanks for your input.
Old 07-06-06, 01:37 AM
dough boi
Pole Position

http://www.racinglab.com/images/kcolor1.jpg

Here's a general color chart for colors of different kelvin. I heard though, that depending on how your projector bends the light will also have an effect on the color of the light. If you see some of the factory installed HID's that look a tad blueish, it isn't because of the kelvin, its the way the projector is designed, I know most BMW's come with 4100k, which should be a very pure white, whereas alot of times it will seem like it has a slight blue tint to it. Another thing, a projector that is designed for Xenon lights, will always work better than a projector designed for regular halogen lights with a HID kit, that's why retro-fits will always be a better option. Although, the HID kits are very affordable and still a huge upgrade over halogen lights. I have a Xtec 5000k Race kit on my BMW, very slightly blue, very bright, over 4000 lumens. In my fogs I have an Apexcone 6000k kit, only 2800 lumens, and very noticable blue tint.
Old 07-06-06, 05:27 AM
Jay Slay
Driver

do aftermarket hid kits mess up the ASF option?....i like that feature alot, but do not want to sacrifice it with another kit.
Old 07-13-06, 08:23 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dough boi
a projector that is designed for Xenon lights, will always work better than a projector designed for regular halogen lights with a HID kit, that's why retro-fits will always be a better option.
Waitaminute. You're confusing me.

You say a projector designed for HID's always works better with HID's, but then you go on to say that's why retro-fits are always a better option. By "retro-fits", don't you mean kits? Or am I missing something?
Old 07-13-06, 08:34 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i think retrofits are when you take an entire hid projector assembly from another car and "retrofit" it into your car. ppo usually take assemblies from cars that have an awesome bluish purple cutoff/flicker.
Old 07-19-06, 03:27 PM
MEiac09
Driver School Candidate

What do your high-beams look like?
Does this affect your warranty at all, or is it okay to Do, (yourself if your patient?)

Quick Reply: Xenon Depot 6000k Installed!!