IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Why Is It So Hard To Get Good Service? My Lexus Horror Story!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-06, 09:14 AM
WhoDat
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Is It So Hard To Get Good Service? My Lexus Horror Story!

Ok, Last week Tuesday I take my car in to get the windows tinted....waited like two hours and thirty minutes before they were done, I was running late, I took my keys and went off to take care of a few things....then I noticed on the way home there were scratches in the film on the driver and passenger side windows......

Next day I go back "steaming" and demad they fix it like "right now"....tried to give me that it'll be a few hours crap....... So the manager says ok, give them about 20 minutes.........so about an hour and 10 minutes later my car is pulled up front, this time a do a walk around and bingo....scratch on the back passenger side window (I did not see that the day before) so again I'm pressed for time and told them I'll be back to have them take care of that......Not sure when, but hey lifetime warranty, I'll take my time on it, beside it's not that noticeable......

Yesterday morning I go to get in the car and I notice what I thought may be some excess film on the outside passenger door and it's not....IT'S SOME KIND OF GROVE INDENTATION ON MY PASSENGER SIDE PANEL!!!......The kind of grooves a pair of pliers would make if squezzed tight. Ok, Now I'm beyond BENT!!! I walk around to the driver side door and there is the same groove but not as bad as the passenger side....Ok, I'm cussing now, peeling rubber and making my way back to the shop that laid the tint...........

Long story short..manger call the cops and I was told to take it up with small claims....they swear they did not do it.....I park my car in the garage at home morning, noon and night and at work it's in plain sight of me and as much as I look at my car (yes, it's love) I would have noticed it prior to taking it in to them for the tinit job.......I should have noticed it afterwards too.

SON OF A BI**H!!!!!!!!!!!!

PICTURES..................Thanks for letting me vent!........I have to go now! LoL....

Driver side.......the indentation isnt white it's from the flash......

Passenger side....same as above...the flash ...

I havent priced them yet for replacement....small claims here I come.
Old 06-03-06, 10:24 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If I have learned one thing about service, it is to never let people rush to do their jobs. If they rush, they compromise quality. I tell people that if they quote me two hours on a service job, I tell them I'll be back in three. When I dropped off my car for tint and clear bra, it was for an overnight stay, not the six hours they quoted me.

Let the tinters fix the problems. However, make sure you are not rushing the process. Take your time and the quality will show. You pay a little extra for the service, but "you get what you pay for."

Good luck.
Old 06-03-06, 10:32 AM
WhoDat
Pole Position

^ True, but screwing with the car......that's what got to me....I can't figure out how they did it......or with what........ to lay tint?......... crying agin!!

LoL.
Old 06-03-06, 11:00 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on reading your post, you'll need to go to court on this one.
Old 06-03-06, 07:19 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kensteele
Based on reading your post, you'll need to go to court on this one.
yeah, seems like the shop has the "so sue me" attitude. bastards!
Old 06-03-06, 07:50 PM
Immortal54
Driver School Candidate

Same thing happened to me today. I believe the indentations are made from the heat gun. The shop is closed already so I'll have to take it up with them on Monday. They look like wrinkles from the paint getting too hot.
Old 06-03-06, 08:32 PM
Smooth1
Rookie

Default Every Car that I tinted had some problem

I had a lot of cars almost every car that I had tinted had some type of problem or another associated with the tint job, that is the main reason I dont want to tint my car. There is a very reputable place in Hawaii that does tint jobs my friend bought a brand new Explorer and they cut the leather on the interior . So for me I will pass on the tint.
Old 06-03-06, 08:57 PM
WhoDat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Immortal54
Same thing happened to me today. I believe the indentations are made from the heat gun. The shop is closed already so I'll have to take it up with them on Monday. They look like wrinkles from the paint getting too hot.
Man, now that you mentioned that....(runs to car).......yea, that's it! It looks like plastic after heat got a hold to it.... Now I can go back on monday (cops advised me I should stear clear until court) to throw it in their face.......then again, maybe not.....ha,ha.....I'll have just that much more information for my case!! Sorry about it happening to you man, but you gave me some good info!!
Old 06-03-06, 11:23 PM
sanwong
Driver

Originally Posted by WhoDat
Man, now that you mentioned that....(runs to car).......yea, that's it! It looks like plastic after heat got a hold to it.... Now I can go back on monday (cops advised me I should stear clear until court) to throw it in their face.......then again, maybe not.....ha,ha.....I'll have just that much more information for my case!! Sorry about it happening to you man, but you gave me some good info!!

Wow thats amazing......I own a Formula one tint shop and the only time my tinter heats up tint for the side doors is when he has the tint off the car and only on the bottom edge of the tint not the sides!!!!!!
Old 06-04-06, 03:42 AM
LexusSara
Rookie

Before any and all services on my car, esp when I leave it, I walk around with the installer and say,,,,

see, no dings, dents or scratches..... and make them sign something before I leave. If they don't

bye bye...I have learned the hard way and now I do it my way...
Old 06-04-06, 06:21 AM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I need to bring my new baby to inspected, and I'm worrying about those people scratching my car.
Old 06-04-06, 06:31 AM
Frisco
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had many cars and trucks tinted and always got a good job. Maybe they didn't use a heat gun on mine. But, couldn't roll down the windows for a couple of days though.
Old 06-04-06, 07:13 AM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

Names please.
Old 06-04-06, 11:23 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

It is hard to get good service because generally the person doing the work is a hireling with very little skill and even less experience. Keeping experienced, skilled and diligent workers is a challenge for any service-related company.

Since I have no idea where you got this service done, I'll assume for the moment,that you did your homework and this shop/establishment/business came highly recommended by people who actually care about thier cars and would know the difference between a slop-shod job and quality work.

I suggest that in the future you not pick up the car until you have sufficient time to inspect the work before you leave the premises and can show to them any damage that you feel occurred on thier watch. Better yet, as someone suggested, take them around the car before turning it over to them to verify the car isn't damaged

The main problem is that even the most skilled workers, using the best equipment are constantly under the time constraints that cause mistakes to happen all too frequently.

Last edited by CRB; 06-04-06 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-04-06, 02:56 PM
WhoDat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CRB
It is hard to get good service because generally the person doing the work is a hireling with very little skill and even less experience. Keeping experienced, skilled and diligent workers is a challenge for any service-related company.

Since I have no idea where you got this service done, I'll assume for the moment,that you did your homework and this shop/establishment/business came highly recommended by people who actually care about thier cars and would know the difference between a slop-shod job and quality work.

I suggest that in the future you not pick up the car until you have sufficient time to inspect the work before you leave the premises and can show to them any damage that you feel occurred on thier watch. Better yet, as someone suggested, take them around the car before turning it over to them to verify the car isn't damaged

The main problem is that even the most skilled workers, using the best equipment are constantly under the time constraints that cause mistakes to happen all too frequently.
Yea, they have four shops around town.....I think five....Custom Audio & Tint. I was talking about having a drop down dvd installed for the rear passengers, but hell forget it...they can't even lay tint worth a damn and I sure as hell won't let them screw with elec-tric's.

Quick Reply: Why Is It So Hard To Get Good Service? My Lexus Horror Story!