IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My 2-month old baby is gone!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-06, 11:54 AM
dong888
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't worry. The damage is not bad at all. The insurace company should replace the bumper and since you have silver color, the paint job should be 100% match to the rest if you find a good/reputable shop. The only downside is that you have to deal with the hassle. If you have GFM, it will be another story.

good luck.
Old 06-05-06, 12:09 PM
LJGS300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The same thing happened to a lady I work with. She had a IS 250 maybe two or three months and someone hit her on the driver side. It was sooooo bad they had to replace both doors on that side. I almost wanted to cry for her when I saw the damage. The repair shop had it for 3 weeks!! They did a good job though.
Old 06-05-06, 05:44 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by DanRN
I was on my way to the gym and this girl just ran into my from behind at a red light. I was so upset at her, but I didn't think that she did that on purpose. Does anyone know how the claim process works? I called her insurance and they said their rep would call me for instructions. Will they pay me to get a rental car while my car is being fixed? Can someone come over and burn my car down so I they replace me a new one? F...K, this is so upsetting.
Claims process works easy. There are 2 ways to approach it.

1) You can file a claim with your own insurance company and pay your deductible to get your car repaired and let them handle the rest.

Pro: Your claim will be handled faster and your car will be repaired faster.
Con: You have to pay your deductible (unless your insurance carrier can waive your deductible, depending on if you have the proper coverage to waive it, AAA SoCal is one of those companies that waive deductibles if you're not at fault and you can provide them with identifying info on the other party).

2) File a claim against the other party's insurance co.

Pro: You don't have to notify your own ins. co. and since it's clearly their fault, you will not have to pay a deductible. Plus you can claim for rental covg. if you don't have it on your own policy.
Con: If they have poor ins. covg or carrier, your claim may not be processed as quickly, if their insured does not file the claim in a timely manner, you have to wait until they get in contact with them to verify the loss. There is also that chance you may have to take the other party to small claims if they don't have enough coverage.

The claims process is easy. You just have to be informed with your own coverages on your policy and be aware of what the other party may or may not have in terms of coverages to your loss. It's a pretty easy task if you don't make it difficult for the claims adjuster assisting you. Auto claims is my daily grind just FYI. PM me if you have questions.

Good Luck.
Old 06-05-06, 06:01 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

very helpful information. I learned something new today. Thanks.
Old 06-05-06, 06:18 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Great Advice.

Originally Posted by flipside909
Claims process works easy. There are 2 ways to approach it.

1) You can file a claim with your own insurance company and pay your deductible to get your car repaired and let them handle the rest.

Pro: Your claim will be handled faster and your car will be repaired faster.
Con: You have to pay your deductible (unless your insurance carrier can waive your deductible, depending on if you have the proper coverage to waive it, AAA SoCal is one of those companies that waive deductibles if you're not at fault and you can provide them with identifying info on the other party).

2) File a claim against the other party's insurance co.

Pro: You don't have to notify your own ins. co. and since it's clearly their fault, you will not have to pay a deductible. Plus you can claim for rental covg. if you don't have it on your own policy.
Con: If they have poor ins. covg or carrier, your claim may not be processed as quickly, if their insured does not file the claim in a timely manner, you have to wait until they get in contact with them to verify the loss. There is also that chance you may have to take the other party to small claims if they don't have enough coverage.

The claims process is easy. You just have to be informed with your own coverages on your policy and be aware of what the other party may or may not have in terms of coverages to your loss. It's a pretty easy task if you don't make it difficult for the claims adjuster assisting you. Auto claims is my daily grind just FYI. PM me if you have questions.

Good Luck.
Now that is getting it from the source. Ryan is my hero!!!! The car isn't that bad. At least you an still drive it. Still sorry to hear though.
Good luck with your claim,
Will