IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My 2-month old baby is gone!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-06, 05:30 PM
DanRN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2-month old baby is gone!

I was on my way to the gym and this girl just ran into my from behind at a red light. I was so upset at her, but I didn't think that she did that on purpose. Does anyone know how the claim process works? I called her insurance and they said their rep would call me for instructions. Will they pay me to get a rental car while my car is being fixed? Can someone come over and burn my car down so I they replace me a new one? F...K, this is so upsetting.
Attached Thumbnails My 2-month old baby is gone!-cardamaged8.jpg  
Old 06-03-06, 05:58 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

honestly, it doens't look that bad man.....you will just get a new bumper and mounting hardware.....it shouldn't really devaluate the car since it appears to be so minor. It could be worse...it could be the front then you would have mechanical problems for the rest of the life of the car.....
Old 06-03-06, 06:39 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch that's gotta hurt. i feel for you really, that's a bit early to receive car damage. rear ended at a stop light no less. let the insurance process work it out, it's gonna take time, and it will be painful for a little while longer. but in about 6 months time, you will have long forgotten the damage and in a year, the entire accident itself.

now would be a good time (memorial day -> 4th july) to put one of those USA American Flag bumper stickers over that spot so you can drive it around until repair day.
Old 06-03-06, 06:42 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

sure, it could be worse...but i'd still be sick about it for sure
Old 06-03-06, 07:15 PM
johnnyboy
Lexus Champion

her first bruise eh?

mine has some cuts already
Old 06-03-06, 08:54 PM
cc16ue
Pit Crew

yea, since its her fault, her insurance should pay for your car rental even if you dont have one in your policy. i've came across with insurance companies who refuses to pay for a rental but i told them how its their fault that i got hit and how i dont have a car and they would cave in to get me a rental. so just stand on your own and hopefully you'll get a good replacement while yours is getting fixed.

also, i dont recommend waiting to get it fix since you cant claim the money that it would cost to repair it unless you're settling it w/o insurance. if you wait, how you gonna pay for the repair later down the line?
Old 06-03-06, 09:05 PM
WhoDat
Pole Position

Dude I feel your pain!
Old 06-03-06, 10:04 PM
Christian8
Pole Position

Just be happy that the car isn't totalled. The insurance company should come through. My car got split into 2 in a rear end collision and it was also a hit and run. The whole process from calling my insurance, to getting a rental and then getting a replacement took me 2.5 weeks max. I'm sure you'll do fine.
Old 06-03-06, 11:18 PM
liverichly
Driver School Candidate

If the car is devalued you could always sue her for the difference in the resale value. For example my friend's car was almost totalled but they repaired it, now it's a salvage and will be worth quite a bit less. He took the other person who hit him to court and he won the difference between what he could sell his car for in the prior condition vs. the salvaged condition.
Old 06-04-06, 06:26 AM
^saint
Rookie

The car will not devaule as long as you get it properly fixed. Call your insurance and get them involved. If you have rental on your policy then you should get one when your car goes in for service.

That hit should run about $1,500 at the most and your car will be fine. As for your color, no bumper ever mathces the rest of the car, so they should not have to do any blending. Hey at least it is your ***....could of been like mine and Glacier Frost is 100x's harder to paint than the grey./silver

Old 06-04-06, 06:30 AM
LexusSara
Rookie

If that person was on a cell phone, you have certain rights to sue her, her insurance co and the cell phone provider now.

they believe that the upswing of rear end accidents are not caused by cell phone users.
Old 06-04-06, 07:48 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

if you are both insured by the same company then you can call your agent and he can take care of everything.

if they are different coverage agencies, then you have to go through their insurance agency...and thats where you can get *****ed over VERY fast if you aren't careful. if anything seems out of line contact your agent to check and see if something is SOP or wacko.

yea i've dealt with a lot of wrecks :-\
Old 06-04-06, 08:05 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sucks to hear about the accident/damage, but that is actually very minor. A good shop should be able to fix that without any problems whatsoever, or if need be a bumper replacement (thats what they are for ). BTW, some insurance companies will be quicker about getting a rental than others, if at all.

Originally Posted by LexusSara
they believe that the upswing of rear end accidents are not caused by cell phone users.
Nothing helped by the addition of red light cameras in most states. Side impacts have gone down, while rear ends have gone up.
Old 06-04-06, 08:07 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yea in the new car and driver they showed overall collisions went up after installing speed/redlight cameras
Old 06-04-06, 02:08 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hi there. I have been driving for over 2 1/2 years and have never gotten into any accidents.
Can someone explain to me what the procedures are if someone hits my car, and
1) I want to claim the $ from his/her's insurance company
or
2) Settle ourselves.

thanks

Quick Reply: My 2-month old baby is gone!