IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bad service from Lexus dealerships in the GTA

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-06, 09:14 PM
bebechica
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Bad service from Lexus dealerships in the GTA

just wanted to know who else is getting bad service for Lexus dealerships from the GTA area, maybe it is the same dealership as the one i went to
Old 06-04-06, 06:06 PM
GSE25
Lead Lap

I got horrible service from R-hill lexus..
I got my car from R-hill and when they threw in the wax and scotch protection, they overbuffed my hood and left a buffer burn (they didn't tell me about it)... they proceeded to paint over it so when I picked up my car I didn't see it. Later on, after a few months and many washes, I washed off the touch up they did and found out.. .. When I find out, I bring it in and ask them to fix it, and they simply polished and waxed it... They also left drops of wax all over my roof and inside my driver side door . Never going to R-Hill lexus ever again.
As for Don valley, I had booked an appointment there last wednesday for my first oil change and they made me wait for an hour... in the end I didn't have time to wait so i just left. Their lot was completely FULL too, no space to park at all.

What's your story?

Last edited by GSE25; 06-04-06 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-15-06, 07:04 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

GSE25, for some reason, my service experience at Lexus of RH is positive. Ditto for the Don Valley North. Probably because I only deal with one technican every time.
Old 06-15-06, 03:07 PM
IS-250
Rookie

I went to Don valley which is where i got the car from and waited almost 2 hours for my oil change as well as cleaning the brake pads. One thing I was VERY upset with was that when i picked up my car, i noticed about 3 days later that there were tons of small scratches (swirl marks) on the car. I never mentioned anything but when i went in for my inspection, i noticed that they use these crappy red rags to wash a 60k car!!!! I am not going to say anything because I leased the car so what do i care, if they want to ruin their own car, let them. I personally do not like this whole service advisor business. Everytime i call for an appointment, they insist on me making an appointment when my service advisor is there, as if he is going to remember my ***.
Old 06-15-06, 06:14 PM
GSE25
Lead Lap

You don't have to. I go to DVN because it's closer as well.
Old 06-15-06, 08:30 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Now I know why I've never had problems with either Lexus of RH or Don Valley North Lexus.

I insisted them not to wash the car and I wash my car prior to the service. So they would also treat me as picky customers and hence they tend to be more careful. Every scratch would become apparent when the car is clean.

I actually saw them using the cheapest Turtle wax on a brand new car before delivery. So I won't be too surprised to see them using crappy stuff on the cars.

Haven't been to Don Valley for service for ages. Two hours seem to be too unreasonable, especially this is an appointment system. I would call Lexus Canada to discuss the dissatisfaction.
Old 06-16-06, 06:26 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Hi Bebechika,

I have dealt with Don Valley North. These days I go to Lexus of RH because the facility is newer with indoor drive-in, much less crowded (hence easier to make appointments) and is a standalone Lexus dealership.

Service-wise, I've complained to Lexus Canada for Don Valley North once. It's the attitude of the advisor when the technican scratched the interior during a CD player warranty replacement of the 1st gen IS. The service manager actually was away for vacations at that time.

The bottom line is about communication. It's better to tell the service department your expectations upfront than having the bad time afterwards.

I find the service manager at Lexus of RH a good guy to deal with. You may also talk to the foreman there. For technicans, there is only 1-2 people that I am aware of that you should definitely avoid from this dealership.

For Don Valley, I am not familiar with their currrent list of technican. The service service assistant manager, Bernard, sittting in the room right behind the service reception, next to the side door to the small driveway facing J-Town, is the person I find easy to deal with.

You just need to express to Lexus Canada how dissatisfied you are and be assertive. Lexus Canada is actually very good. If you complain about the dealer's service, try to be more descriptive about the situation.

Hope it helps
Old 06-16-06, 07:00 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

You guys are lucky you can even take your car to the Lexus dealer!!!

No dealer close to me - Lexus of Oakville or Erin Mills Lexus will even touch my car because they claim they cannot put it on their hoist as it is too low.

Yes the car is low, but I think they are scared that they might damage the front lip if they try to put the car on their hoist. So they would rather not take that risk and instead turn me away.

Prior to lowering my car and putting on the lip, Erin Mills Lexus serviced my car. Service is ok, however even if you have an appointment, you end up waiting for hours while the car is being worked on. Even if it is something as simple as an oil change.

Can you tell I don't visit Lexus dealers anymore?

Oh by the way for you guys in the GTA other than GSE25, read this thread - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219752 and come out and meet all of us.
Old 06-16-06, 07:10 AM
kramo
Rookie

So I'm assuming no one goes to Northwest Lexus?

I bought my car there and have been in for a couple of minor services -- never been treated like anything less than a KING. The people are extremely polite and friendly and their lounge / waiting area is top notch. They have drinks and pastries for your indulgence as well as massage chairs!!

I've never felt uneasy about bringing the in to them as I have with other dealers.

For their clients that live far from the dealership they will actually go to the customer's house / office and pick up car on a flat-bed and deliver it back when they're done -- at no extra cost!!!
Old 06-16-06, 07:57 AM
Blahzay
Driver School Candidate

My car came from Northwest Lexus, because they were the only dealership that treated me respecfully during the negotiation process. I was extremely unimpressed with Scarborough Lexus, and Don Valley North wouldn't budge on price.

I live pretty far from Northwest, but had to return there once for an issue I was having with the car. I was pretty impressed with the way they treat their customers, especially compared to the other dealerships I've been too. I don't think I'll be able to go there for regular service becuase of how far it is (and they didn't offer to flatbed my car up there), but I would definately reccommend it to others.
Old 06-16-06, 11:21 AM
kramo
Rookie

Blahzay,

I would speak to the sevice manager at Northwest about the distance problem. Dealers make a very good portion of their profit from servicing. If they want your business, they're going to have to work for it!

The other good thing about Northwest is that they were cool about my intake when I had to take it in for a defective O2 sensor -- some dealers would have probably blamed it on the intake and made me pay for replacing the sensor.