IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Someone broke into my 2IS last night!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-06, 04:11 PM
Yoko
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang, that's really weird how there wasn't a scratch in the car.

I wish you luck.
Old 06-04-06, 04:28 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

Was the key fob in your pocket? I can tell you from experience that keys and other objects in your pocket can accidently press the unlock button. One day I came out of work to find my windows down. (Fortunately it wasn't raining and nothing was taken)
Old 06-04-06, 05:16 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

I just went out to my car (in the garage) to see if my doors had automatically locked. My fob is in the house. My driver's door was locked. I tried my back door behind the driver's door. It was unlocked I wonder if that was the situation with your car and that is how they got in.
Old 06-04-06, 07:21 PM
federalman
Rookie

sorry to hear what happen to you. It had happen to me so many times it is just not funny.

I had my Audi A4 broken into twice, my GTI twice, once with my M roadster, and once with my Civic.

with both A4 and GTI they broke the window and got entry, no alarm because they did not try to open the door.
With M roadster they CUT my back window to gain.

My CIVIC was tow away and stripe.. when I got it back I had nothing in the car.. nothing. (98 EK civic hatch back EX with B20 swap and Type R interior)

but it is still very strange to see that there is no force entry to get the items in the car. If they can get access of your car with out any force break ins, they will take your car away not just items in the car.

Please keep us update, if you find out more informaiton.
Old 06-04-06, 08:01 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

thank you for sharing the information Federal.
You're making me worry!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure a lot of us are now...
Old 06-04-06, 08:16 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

My car was broken into about a month ago. They broke the little back window and the alarm did go off. Nothing was stolen, I didn't even see anyone out there, but the window was shattered and laying on the floor next to the car. As for the automatic locking, mine doesn't lock unless I lock it. If i press the unlock button on the fob and don't open my door right away, it will re-lock, but once the door has been opened, it won't lock itself. Sorry to hear about your stuff and your car.....
Old 06-04-06, 08:19 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

does everyone here park his/her IS baby in a garage or driveway????

where did you park your car when all these incidents happened????
Old 06-04-06, 08:49 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by doctorttt
does everyone here park his/her IS baby in a garage or driveway????

where did you park your car when all these incidents happened????
Mine used to be in the driveway, it's all garage now!!!! My incident happened at work.
Old 06-04-06, 08:50 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by totoro1224
I am near Walnut/Diamond Bar area
Great...
Old 06-04-06, 11:11 PM
totoro1224
Driver

Just not my day, it is over, don't wanna think about it anymore, nothing much I can do to recover those lost items. I guess from now on I will lock the car with the lock button on the fob instead of trusting the black button on the door handle, it gives me more a peace of mind. We have too many cars around, so my car gotta be on the driveway and not in the garage.
Old 06-05-06, 03:39 AM
puredreamz
Rookie

Hey you guys I have an idea of how they might have broken into the IS but to test it out might result in some damage but damage that wont be seen. Have any of you read the manual about how you can open the IS without the keyfob? you just need the key that comes off of the keyfob. Well does anyone think it possible that there could be a security glitch that allows someone who lets say inserted an instrument and twisted the keyhole( really hard) located in the drivers side door (under the peice of plastic next to the handle). If that is possible... then thats how they got in without damage to the exterior. I tried to get in my car with the key from the keyfob and the allarm disables when twisted in the keyhole. PLEASE if anyone knows a place that can test this... LET US KNOW.

-marc
Old 06-05-06, 07:46 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
yea sorry to hear, but please dont leave valuables in the car. Tint helps conceal what you have inside also
Well sometimes tint doesn't help. If your car is decked out - rims, ground effects, tint, thieves assume you have a lot of stuff in the car. As for a new car like the IS, thieves will always target it. That's why I pay $1400 a year for insurance. Per my insurance provider, State Farm, parts are expensive, that's why it's high.
Old 06-05-06, 08:02 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

also thieves watch people leaving their car and check if the lights flash (indicating locking of doors) if a thief doesnt the lights flash the car is still unlocked and can get in just buy opening the door taking stuff and be on their way

Heard a lot of stories like this, thieves just camp parking lots and things like that just waiting for someone to leave a car unlocked by checking for lights flashing or not
Old 06-05-06, 08:06 AM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Flipsonic
Well sometimes tint doesn't help. If your car is decked out - rims, ground effects, tint, thieves assume you have a lot of stuff in the car. As for a new car like the IS, thieves will always target it. That's why I pay $1400 a year for insurance. Per my insurance provider, State Farm, parts are expensive, that's why it's high.
I had tint on my 2IS and nothing laying on the seats or in view to anyone and they still tried to break in. My last car was all done up with rims, suspension, stereo, and the list goes on, oh and it had limo tint on every window even the windshield and someone just broke my passenger window. They didn't get in the car, so I got lucky, I guess.
Old 06-05-06, 09:42 AM
fud
Rookie

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
yea sorry to hear, but please dont leave valuables in the car. Tint helps conceal what you have inside also
becareful when tinting, that small glass in the back (w/ tint will make no noise if someone decide to break the window...Happend to me twice! (even on a Volvo 240!)

Quick Reply: Someone broke into my 2IS last night!