IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Someone broke into my 2IS last night!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-06 | 01:43 PM
puredreamz
Rookie

*bump* I just want any feedback on if its silly of me to think that this is how they broke in or if that it might be possible. Wouldn't you all want to know if this is a security glitch of some sort? My original post if 5 posts above this. Let me know.

-marc
Old 06-05-06 | 02:20 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by puredreamz
*bump* I just want any feedback on if its silly of me to think that this is how they broke in or if that it might be possible. Wouldn't you all want to know if this is a security glitch of some sort? My original post if 5 posts above this. Let me know.

-marc
Virtually 100% certain he left one, or more, doors unlocked.
Old 06-05-06 | 03:05 PM
liquid2
Pole Position

I read this last night on my PDA But didn't get a chance to post, which part of walnut you in? Or diamond bar?
This is suprising since Walnut and even Diamond Bar are relatively safe cities with less crime...
Old 06-06-06 | 11:46 PM
totoro1224
Driver

I am located around Fullerton Rd & Pathfinder area. Area around here are not as safe as it used to be including Diamond Bar & Walnut. The Walnut Sheriff department called me this morning and told me that they caught a guy in custody and they found my camera (lucky that I gave them the serial number to the camera). I was able to pick it up this evening and I was so glad that they found the guy. That deputy show me a picture and he told me that it was a group of teenager, they only caught one, a few of them still out there. At least I got my camera back, but the flashlight, sunglasses and some other item are still missing.....
Old 06-06-06 | 11:52 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

ask him how he got into your car
Old 06-06-06 | 11:56 PM
totoro1224
Driver

Of course I won't be able to talk to that guy in custody. The deputy won't tell me all those details.... I wanna know too!
Old 06-07-06 | 06:43 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by puredreamz

-marc
Putting an instrument in the keyhole and turning it won't work, the pins in the lock will prevent the cylinder from rotating. One would have to use a really big screwdriver and apply enough force to break the lock. If they did that, why would the thief, who wants to get out-of-Dodge as fast as possible, take the time to reinstall the lock cover?
Old 06-07-06 | 08:30 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Reyngel
Mine does.
the only time the car would automaticallylock itself after 30 sec is when the car is unlocked (from locked state) but the door is not opened. If the driver exits the car without locking the door, the car will not lock itself.
Another IS owner posted awhile back that his 2IS was broken into along with several European cars. It appeared that the burglar simply picked the door lock to lower all the windows and climbed into the car, without activating the alarm. There has also been reports of cars with keyless entry/start being stolen by burglars using a laptop to steal your key fob's code. In fact, Beckham (the soccer guy) lost his armor-plated X5 that way. Apparently it's not that difficult to defeat the rolling code, given the right tool/software.

Last edited by jlin101; 06-07-06 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-07-06 | 09:00 AM
Ichigo
Pole Position

you got your camera back? WOW amazing.
Old 06-07-06 | 09:03 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

wow how the heck did the cops just suddenly find someone with the camera with very little clues
Old 06-07-06 | 09:09 AM
totoro1224
Driver

They caught the guy after he broke into another car. He was related to a series of crime in this area. I guess they found my camera in his car or his home, I was suprise too!
Old 06-07-06 | 09:33 AM
HybrdArsto
Driver

Originally Posted by totoro1224
I am located around Fullerton Rd & Pathfinder area. Area around here are not as safe as it used to be including Diamond Bar & Walnut. The Walnut Sheriff department called me this morning and told me that they caught a guy in custody and they found my camera (lucky that I gave them the serial number to the camera). I was able to pick it up this evening and I was so glad that they found the guy. That deputy show me a picture and he told me that it was a group of teenager, they only caught one, a few of them still out there. At least I got my camera back, but the flashlight, sunglasses and some other item are still missing.....
Do you live up in Vantage Point? A good friend of mine lives up there and I'm almost always there on weekends. I was thinking about moving into that area, but I read that there has been an increase in crime in that general area Rowland Heights/DB/Walnut as of late. A buddy of mine used to be a sherrif in that area and he told me that they would get home invasion calls all the time up in the Vantage Point area.

Also, I read the same article as the guy a couple posts above. Read that car thieves are driving around with laptops now and are capable of hacking the keyless entry codes as well as the keyless ignition codes.
Old 06-07-06 | 10:06 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HybrdArsto

Also, I read the same article as the guy a couple posts above. Read that car thieves are driving around with laptops now and are capable of hacking the keyless entry codes as well as the keyless ignition codes.
you were reading fiction. thieves are not driving around with laptops lol.
Old 06-07-06 | 10:19 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

thing is he might not remember how he got into your car, he probably hit many other cars, not sure if he will remember which one
Old 06-07-06 | 10:31 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

maybe he has a technique of how to get into the 2IS. But I doubt he'd spill the beans.

Quick Reply: Someone broke into my 2IS last night!