IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just got news, no ML for me :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-06, 03:59 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iStyle
Are people honestly watching movies in their car? I just don't see the appeal in that.
I watch music videos in my car nearly every day of the week.
Old 06-05-06, 04:06 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Reyngel
Weird. I wonder if they recognized that there were so many reported problems with the ML system, and decided that a recall would be too expensive, leaving them with the save of just waiting until the 2007's to get all the bugs out.
This is how rumors get started. First you can't have a recall because you did something poorly or wrong, recalls are for safety related issues. Second, there aren't any issues with ML systems, none of us have heard of widespread chronic issues and neither has Lexus. Third, not all companies pull out the financial or go to the books to decide operations whether they are going to fix something or not. I know I don't and I fix things things all the time (in my industry). Fourth, the 2007 is done, the design and engineering and the mostly likely the parts. It's probably got the same equipment as the 2006...if they are still working on the 2007 in June, it ain't gonna make it to market in October.
Old 06-05-06, 04:11 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iStyle
Are people honestly watching movies in their car? I just don't see the appeal in that.
I use it whenever I carpool with people. My coworkers have refused to drive their own cars so they can watch movies in my car during out commute. The Nav hack is an awesome deal!

There is an appeal to the DVD player. If you don't do the hack, you can play movies for any occassion that requires you to wait in your car, or to entertain people (especially kids).
Old 06-05-06, 04:18 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm waiting for the day that radio stations can broadcast music videos along with the music that they play. sorta like mtv for your car hahah
Old 06-05-06, 04:51 PM
Pwyll
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This Has Nothing To Do With The Mark Levinson System!!!

None Of The Cars Allocated To The Northeast Region (even If They Have Nav Or Lux Packages Have The Ml System!!!

These Dealers Don't Do Their Homework. That Is Why I Will Have To Special Order My Car. Apparently People Who Get Snowed Upon Don't Listen To Good Audio Systems.

I Said It Before, I'll Say It Again. Lexus Is Making A Big Mistake With This "allocation" Bullsh_t!
Old 06-05-06, 05:10 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

nav dont require ml and ml dont require nav but if you want both they add 500 to the cost of each to put it in a package
Old 06-05-06, 05:32 PM
Belmont
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yov6cam
My salesman just called me. I ordered a 350 last month, and was hoping for one with ML by end of Aug. Now he tells me they stopped ML for 06's. It'd be Octoberish and only for 07 if I still wanted it. Oh well, I guess time to look for aftermarket audio and video solutions...
So did you special order a car or were you hoping for allocation? If it's the latter, you should have known better.
Old 06-05-06, 05:33 PM
x986
Rookie

It sounds fishy to me too. See if they can do a dealer trade for what you want. If they say, "No", make some calls yourself.
Old 06-06-06, 06:05 AM
yov6cam
Driver

Originally Posted by Belmont

So did you special order a car or were you hoping for allocation? If it's the latter, you should have known better.
No I special ordered my car, and if I ask around at other dealerships, would it significantly delay the car more? end of August is my max since I ordered it late April. This is so frustrating, what are my options?
Old 06-06-06, 09:40 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

No I special ordered my car, and if I ask around at other dealerships, would it significantly delay the car more? end of August is my max since I ordered it late April. This is so frustrating, what are my options?
Well, IF the dealer is telling the truth then you got to decide if the ML is worth the wait.

Your options are:

1. Take a car without the options you wanted.

2. Reorder and hope Lexus actually builds it in MY07.

3. Give up all hope and buy an Italian exotic of some sort.
Old 06-06-06, 03:29 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

How about just calling around to different dealerships and see if someone changed their mind about a car with ML? I've seen posts like this all the time on here how someone just happened to find the car they wanted sitting on the lot because someone backed out of the deal. It's worth a shot.

I'd also agree that don't settle for a car w/o the options that you wanted because you won't enjoy the car as much constantly thinking about what you're missing!
Old 06-06-06, 06:08 PM
Belmont
Pole Position

Wow, that's unacceptable. If you are in a position to wait, I'd demand some concessions, because I think your dealer is full of crap.

If it were me, I'd call another dealer or two and verify that the ML is still a valid option for new special orders. If they say it is, I'd call and write Lexus Corporate explaining the situation, as well as the lies, you've been told.
Old 06-06-06, 06:21 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

When I picked up my car, I really wanted the navi, but was a little put off by the extra expense. I finally decided to bite the bullet and shell out the extra cash to get it. AND I'M GLAD I DID!!!

Don't settle for a model without the items you want. You may end up regretting it.
Old 06-06-06, 08:14 PM
islandsnow
Driver

Originally Posted by ecr527
When I picked up my car, I really wanted the navi, but was a little put off by the extra expense. I finally decided to bite the bullet and shell out the extra cash to get it. AND I'M GLAD I DID!!!

Don't settle for a model without the items you want. You may end up regretting it.
dang you guys are so lucky to have navi available! we don't even have navi as an option. not in the 06 model anyway... maybe not even in the 07.