Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

paper clip?
Old 06-16-06, 10:25 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aclarke
paper clip?
i wish it was that simple. paper clip will either rip the rubber, or scratch the tint.
Old 06-16-06, 10:32 AM
Tmirk
Pole Position

I've got rubber coated 90º small picks that will be perfect for this job. If I can't get it tonight I'll run over to the shop tomorrow to see if they'll do it.
Old 06-17-06, 05:41 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Window tint squeak

Originally Posted by Tmirk
So my driver side window has started to squeak. I had tint put on the third day I had it. No problems until last week. I noticed when I roll the window down, the driver side squeaks. A residue is also left on the inside of the window. I notice that the inner rubber/felt seal is a little deformed compared to the passenger side.

It does not squeak when going up, and it also does not squeak if I put some pressure on it (with my microfiber of course.

Now I just made an appointment via my sales guy because they have to reinstall clear bra on the lower bumper/driver side mirror. Of course the comment I get back was "well its probably the tint."

Knowing they would say that called BS right away and said look, the 3 other windows don't do it, however i may be outta luck on this one, since the window was modified. So I may have an issue with the tint place after this. Of course its too bad this started 4 weeks after I had the tint done, I guess I'd better get ready to get my wallet out on this one.
I just had mine done on Tuesday and had a similar issue when I first rolled the windows down. I went back to my tinter on day 2 so he could "pop" the window seals back up. Today, on my passenger side I noticed that same squeak and residue you are referring to. The seal was not completely popped up, you need to take a smooth ice cream stick or tongue depressor and gently and slowly starting from the center of the window, slide all the way to the front and the back of the window. You MUST be sure to a) go slow, and b) ensure that the seal is "unfolding" itself back into its rightful position. This should eliminate your problem.
Old 06-17-06, 06:32 PM
Soda
Pole Position

My drivers side window squeaks too. I just got my windows tinted about 2 weeks ago and I waited a week to roll down my windows and the drivers one started squeaking. I noticed the rubber was down on the drivers and pass side, so I took some scissors (I know) and pulled it out. Though I didn't scratch it! But there is the rubbery residue on the squeaky window and it's buggin the crap outta me. I haven't tried to clean it up so maybe that's the problem I'm having w/it still sqeaking??
Old 06-18-06, 08:41 PM
Tmirk
Pole Position

l what I did is I started with my tools, and realized it wouldn't be so quick or easy, so I went ahead and just popped the door liner off a tad on that back third and the window seal, fixed and popped it back on.

Only had to pop the back third off slightly. Problem is solved, but that rubber is now very deformed. I'll monitor this, as I'm guessing it will fold under itself again at some point.

Oh yea, before I even started I noticed 2 small tint scratches more than likely from the dealer. I guess it coulda been me also, but I didn't hear any scraping. Of course no way to prove this on way or another. Fortunately its up at the top, so not noticeable unless you look for it.
Old 06-26-06, 02:42 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

I've had to do the same thing over the weekend. how does the rubber fold on itself like that? it still makes a squeaking noise though when i roll my windows down maybe it'll work itself out later on
Old 06-27-06, 12:48 AM
lexy250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea this is a common problem with the windows on the new is cause mine do it too....but they havent squeaked for awhile now so i think its ok now i could be wrong haha.
Old 08-07-06, 09:43 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I had found this thread before posting another one. Anyway, I had these same problems, and disassembled my door to find a resolution. It is worse than you guys think (according to your posts). There are TWO rubber wipers that cause problems. See the thread below...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...58#post2055758