IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Interior Noise! Do your IS have it too?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-06 | 11:05 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Talking Please Help!

The other day I was on the highway at 90 MPH with my windows down and the wind noise was just unbearable! I thought Lexus was known for their quiet cabins!?!? This is absolutely ridiculous. I think I am going to take it to the dealer tomorrow and have them check it out.
Old 10-26-06 | 11:10 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

I hear nothing but Mark Levinson
Old 10-26-06 | 11:56 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
ditto here.
Old 10-26-06 | 01:08 PM
SolaraToIS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
^^^^^^^^^^
Old 10-26-06 | 02:00 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I am really amazed at some of your postings.

If you wanted a quiet car you should have bought the ES, LS.

This is somewhat of a sports sedan. I have had my car for a month and a few days and almost have 4.5k miles on it.. Not a noise other than road noise and the majority of the time it isn't the tire's fault but the quaility of the road and speed at which I am driving. Anything with performance tires, which are also LOW PROFILE, are going to have road noise. = /

Comparing a 4-Runner to an IS is not fair. I am sure you have a degree of road noise, and I bet the tires you have on that truck are regular all season everyday driving tires. Throw some performance tires on there and tell me there isn't a difference. = /

I am sure if I put regular tires on the car it would be just as quiet, if not quieter. I drive down the interstate at 80+ mph, limited road noise, and limited wind noise.. but I have the Potenza tires since mine is a 2007.
Old 10-27-06 | 02:28 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Buds
The other day I was on the highway at 90 MPH with my windows down and the wind noise was just unbearable! I thought Lexus was known for their quiet cabins!?!? This is absolutely ridiculous. I think I am going to take it to the dealer tomorrow and have them check it out.
Originally Posted by IS_Mine
I am really amazed at some of your postings.

If you wanted a quiet car you should have bought the ES, LS.
Very funny...
Actually the noise was way over the top like a cracked window that whistled so loud that with loud rock music turn up to 40 on the radio doing 50mph you could still hear it. So loud that people who rode in the car would ask what the noise was and if I had a window open???

I don't care what the car, if it had been a Toyota Corolla with a moonroof, the noise was way not normal. When they removed the first seal, it had been leaking water, mind you a very small amount but over time that could have gotten worse.

As someone else here said, going to the dealership with the "my car is making a noise" complaint is like walking into the service department and saying "Hi, I'm here to **** off every technician that you have in the place!" I pretty sensitive to that point and I try to be realistic with my expectations for the car.

I really hated to take it back to the dealer with the issue. I even tried living with it but when it started getting worse, I asked several other IS 250/350 owners what they thought about it. When they said it wasn't normal, only then did I schedule a service trip.

If you check a few of the other threads about noise here you'll see that there are more that one TSB (known issue by Lexus) dealing with IS 250/350 noise problem. While I'm sure some people do have unrealistic expectations for the car there are other's with legitimate issue.

All I'm saying is don't be so quick to jump on someone when they say they are having a noise issue with the car.
Old 10-27-06 | 09:19 AM
Axvel
Driver

Originally Posted by Axvel
Ok, Guys listen, i bought my IS350 4 days ago, and it was very quite, today i start my car to go to work, and the icon displays low tire pressure , so i drive to the tire shop and ask them to check my tires, the ask me to open the door so they can see a sticker that says how much PSI front and rear suppose to be. So they do it with a computerized compressor to stop when it reaches the correct pressure automatically, so then i start the drive and i hear a rattle in the center dash where my speaker is. So tonight i think i will lower a tire pressure by 2 PSI's and i think it should do the trick. I too have Dunlop 5000 Ultra high Performace stock tire.

I'll post the answer tomorrow
I dont know if you guys read my post but today i went to just tires and they lowered each wheel about 2-3 PSI, 3 PSI rear and 2 PSI front, and the vibration of interior panels is GONE!!! I love it, I guess Factory was wrong here. The car is much smoother right now and no noises from the dash and from the panels that rattled.
Old 10-27-06 | 12:27 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Buds
Haha, for a second, I actually thought this was serious!
Old 10-28-06 | 10:26 AM
alonedrift
Driver School Candidate

I took mines into the lexus dealer where i brought my car at. The service advisor was okay but not that great. He set up a tech to drive the car with me to confirm the noise. After the drive the tech admitted that theres is rattles from the dash but insisted that it's normal and that hes not getting pay to fix noises. So much for the Lexus quality service these days. I would NOT buy a Lexus again.....
Old 10-28-06 | 11:21 AM
Axvel
Driver

Originally Posted by alonedrift
I took mines into the lexus dealer where i brought my car at. The service advisor was okay but not that great. He set up a tech to drive the car with me to confirm the noise. After the drive the tech admitted that theres is rattles from the dash but insisted that it's normal and that hes not getting pay to fix noises. So much for the Lexus quality service these days. I would NOT buy a Lexus again.....
It's funny guys, i just gave you a fix for a problem and it's like no-one read what i posted, just lower the PSI in your tires and it will fix rattles.

p.s.
I seriously wouldnt care since it took care of my problems but forums like these made to help people and if no-one would care then it would be no point to post anything.