IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stupid Flyer got sucked into my door

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-07, 08:09 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update...wow I can't believe this thread came back, I actually talked about it today at work and for some reason, heres the thread!

Anyways, its still in there I think....I never had them do anything to take it out. Reading the thread again though makes me want to still sue them for it....too late now probably though.
Old 03-23-07, 03:09 AM
homer4598
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nighthawk
Update...wow I can't believe this thread came back, I actually talked about it today at work and for some reason, heres the thread!

Anyways, its still in there I think....I never had them do anything to take it out. Reading the thread again though makes me want to still sue them for it....too late now probably though.

You can sue them, but you'll definitely lose...
Old 03-23-07, 10:05 AM
neova
Pole Position

Putting a flyer on you car does not constitute littering, unless of course the owner of the vehicle does not dispose of the flyer properly in a garbage bin.

If you explained your story in court, the court will establish that
you were trying to litter the street by disposing the flyer by rolling down the window, and you'd be fined!

The flyer company cannot be held responsible for what you do with the flyer AFTER they've placed it on your window. You were directly responsible for how it got sucked into the door. It's the same argument that guns don't kill, it's people. It would be very hard to convince the court that having a flyer on your window will automatically means it will get sucked into your door. Unless you can prove this with some statistics that many people have this happend to them as well, then you're likely going to lose your case.

Just go to Lexus and get them to look at the problem (but don't give your story how it got there or else they'll say it's your fault) and hopefully get it done under warranty.
Old 03-23-07, 10:50 AM
davidbenji
Pole Position

Originally Posted by neova
Putting a flyer on you car does not constitute littering, unless of course the owner of the vehicle does not dispose of the flyer properly in a garbage bin.

If you explained your story in court, the court will establish that
you were trying to litter the street by disposing the flyer by rolling down the window, and you'd be fined!

The flyer company cannot be held responsible for what you do with the flyer AFTER they've placed it on your window. You were directly responsible for how it got sucked into the door. It's the same argument that guns don't kill, it's people. It would be very hard to convince the court that having a flyer on your window will automatically means it will get sucked into your door. Unless you can prove this with some statistics that many people have this happend to them as well, then you're likely going to lose your case.

Just go to Lexus and get them to look at the problem (but don't give your story how it got there or else they'll say it's your fault) and hopefully get it done under warranty.
Thank you lord baby jesus...for people that understand you can sue but doesn't mean you will win, and help those that are to dumb to understand