IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stupid Flyer got sucked into my door

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-06, 10:07 AM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Flyer got sucked into my door

So I go to my car last night and get in and notice a flyer on my passanger door that was slipped into the window portion. I put down the window to knock it off but instead it sucked it into the door......how am I going to get it out?

Does anyone know if the door panel pops off easy or will I risk rattles and stuff? Any other ideas on how to get it out?
Old 06-10-06, 10:13 AM
rys
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nighthawk
So I go to my car last night and get in and notice a flyer on my passanger door that was slipped into the window portion. I put down the window to knock it off but instead it sucked it into the door......how am I going to get it out?

Does anyone know if the door panel pops off easy or will I risk rattles and stuff? Any other ideas on how to get it out?
You are going to have to strip the door to get to it. You can do it yourself, or you can have Lexus do it for you. There's the interior panel, behind it is a moisture barrier and a lot of sound dampening materials, behind that is the actual window/motor.

-Brian
Old 06-10-06, 10:19 AM
liverichly
Driver School Candidate

I'd then charge the company on the flyer however much it cost you to pull it out. Nothing worse than littering flyers on doors, cars, or anyplace else.
Old 06-10-06, 10:26 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liverichly
I'd then charge the company on the flyer however much it cost you to pull it out. Nothing worse than littering flyers on doors, cars, or anyplace else.
That's not going to work. If the flyer blew off and into your face or the windshield and caused you to crash.... Leaving flyers on cars parked in public places, that's not negligent or unlawful; you'd have a hard time proving your damages. Neither the company nor the printer nor the flyer distributor not the individual who placed it there would be responsible. You're better off trying to sue the parking lot owner.

I would let Lexus perform the operation on your door. That way if you lose or break any clips or parts, they can be replaced.
Old 06-10-06, 10:28 AM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kensteele
That's not going to work. If the flyer blew off and into your face or the windshield and caused you to crash.... Leaving flyers on cars parked in public places, that's not negligent or unlawful; you'd have a hard time proving your damages. Neither the company nor the printer nor the flyer distributor not the individual who placed it there would be responsible. You're better off trying to sue the parking lot owner.

I would let Lexus perform the operation on your door. That way if you lose or break any clips or parts, they can be replaced.

How much do you think I would be charges for this?
Old 06-10-06, 10:32 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nighthawk
How much do you think I would be charges for this?
hopefully nothing.
Old 06-10-06, 10:38 AM
rys
Pole Position

I forgot to mention that there's generally a silicone adhesive used to seal the moisture barrier to the door. It's not a big deal, but you might be better off having Lexus do it.

Call your dealer for a price and let us know how it works out.

-Brian
Old 06-10-06, 10:40 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Or you can just leave it alone. I doubt it will cause any problems.
Old 06-10-06, 10:44 AM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Or you can just leave it alone. I doubt it will cause any problems.
I thought about just leaving it but my friend said that when the window is wet and I put it down it would cause the paper to get pretty nasty in there? The window does work fine so I don't know if its worth the trouble of having it taken out....
Old 06-10-06, 10:48 AM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by liverichly
How are you going to charge the company for the repair? If he/she would have got out of the car and walked around and took the flyer off the windows instead of just trying to put it down to knock it off and let the trash blow away it would'nt have got sucked in. Sorry to say you can't charge someone for you own laziness JMO.
Old 06-10-06, 12:00 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Style2k6
How are you going to charge the company for the repair? If he/she would have got out of the car and walked around and took the flyer off the windows instead of just trying to put it down to knock it off and let the trash blow away it would'nt have got sucked in. Sorry to say you can't charge someone for you own laziness JMO.

Same as if someone was loading their groceries and the cart rolled through the lot and hit your car............

Get the flyer out from the dealership and then take the company on the flyer to small claims..........I'd be willing to bet you'll win. After all, placing a flyer on the side window could be considered negligent because the window is a movable object.

How about this one.......leaving the flyer on the window and then it rains. The inks stain the window or paint..........again, I think you'd be able to prove that " They should have known better".

The odds are in your favor after all..........since most people hate those F-in things on their cars to start with......You have GQ public on your side.
Old 06-10-06, 12:18 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by unit74
Same as if someone was loading their groceries and the cart rolled through the lot and hit your car............

Get the flyer out from the dealership and then take the company on the flyer to small claims..........I'd be willing to bet you'll win. After all, placing a flyer on the side window could be considered negligent because the window is a movable object.

How about this one.......leaving the flyer on the window and then it rains. The inks stain the window or paint..........again, I think you'd be able to prove that " They should have known better".

The odds are in your favor after all..........since most people hate those F-in things on their cars to start with......You have GQ public on your side.
Old 06-10-06, 12:21 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

I guess your cart must have gotten away from you a few times............
Old 06-10-06, 12:25 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by unit74
I guess your cart must have gotten away from you a few times............
no, nothing in your previous paragraph is even remotely close to being a fact.
Old 06-10-06, 01:18 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

I completly agree and I think I will win!!! In fact how much does it cost to file a small claims case in socal?

Quick Reply: Stupid Flyer got sucked into my door