IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Do you think that illuminated entry should have come with any ISx50?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-06, 12:46 PM
iorchii
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Do you think that illuminated entry should have come with any ISx50?

Well, maybe I'm just picking at the words, but if you look at the pix below, you will know what I'm talking about...

I wonder whether it would be standard to get the illuminated scuff plates for any lexus ISx50 vehicle? Illuminated entry, do they mean the lights that illuminate near the brake and gas pedal & the lighting from car's doom light?

Anyhow, whatever it may be.. Like i said i might be picking at the words...

However, i received my questionnaire today from Lexus and I plan on telling them the error of the Power-adjustable, auto-folding outside mirrors with puddle lamps. Since i told my sales rep, sales rep manager, lexus parts rep and mobile services tech guy. It seems like they didn't bother telling Lexus to fix the website error. Might as well state it in the questionnaire and eventually they will fix it someday... ...

i'm just to bored... hahaah...
Old 06-10-06, 12:57 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, you are very bored.

I think they just meant the interior "doom" light, or the puddle lamps. WIth Scuff Plates, of course, they never said it was standard to have illuminated ones.

Auto folding mirrors, that is one feature I would have liked here in the U.S.
Old 06-10-06, 05:00 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I guess you were too bored to bother reading the fine print...

Specifications, features, equipment, technical data, performance figures, options, and color and trim are based upon information available at time of posting, are subject to change without notice, are for mainland U.S.A. vehicles and may differ in the state of Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and in other regions.

Some vehicles shown with optional equipment. Optional equipment listed may not be available separately or in all regions. See your Lexus dealer for details. Lexus reminds you to wear seatbelts, secure children in rear seat, obey all traffic laws and drive responsibly.

Old 06-10-06, 05:17 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I special ordered my IS, I had the option to not have a moonroof. I chose not to have one.

Lo and behold, when my car arrived, it had one. That's because all cars in the U.S. had to have one, unlike other markets such as Asia and Europe. On the other hand, they got the folding mirrors, but they don't have the sunroof like we do.

The unfortunate lesson: what they advertize is not always what you get, all because of the fineprint...
Old 06-10-06, 05:46 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
When I special ordered my IS, I had the option to not have a moonroof. I chose not to have one.

Lo and behold, when my car arrived, it had one. That's because all cars in the U.S. had to have one, unlike other markets such as Asia and Europe. On the other hand, they got the folding mirrors, but they don't have the sunroof like we do.

The unfortunate lesson: what they advertize is not always what you get, all because of the fineprint...
They HAVE to have a moonroof? Are you sure they didn't just screw up your special order?
Old 06-10-06, 06:28 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Reyngel
They HAVE to have a moonroof? Are you sure they didn't just screw up your special order?
For the U.S, you HAVE to have a moonroof. The only way you can get a car without a moonroof or one with folding side mirrors is to get a car from out of the country.

This may change as options/availability/demand changes. Lexus may decide to lower the MSRP/invoice of the IS by making some of the current standard amenities optional. This is a very rare thing though, but some people may opt not to have the sunroof (for more headroom), or the rear window shade, or leather seats (for those PETA involved people), or the such. If demand is high, Lexus will change...
Old 06-10-06, 08:21 PM
CRB
Lead Lap

The Xenons should have been standard equipment, I could give two shakes about puddle lamps or lighted scuff plates. Like someone said those specs "are subject to change". The Lexus corperate website doesn't show a standalone Mark Levinson audio option either. Websites, even good ones, are full of misinformation...deal with it.
Old 06-11-06, 12:26 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this topic is almost as useless as any red-out tailight thread.