IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-07 | 01:56 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I just installed mine and I would like to add a few things since I didnt see any picture of non navi 2IS installed.

Here is how the text would display.
Attached Thumbnails Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)-dsc_0632.jpg  
Old 04-10-07 | 01:58 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Pocky advice on where to locate the unit works very well.
Attached Thumbnails Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)-dsc_0640.jpg  
Old 04-10-07 | 02:01 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Since I am too lazy to drill any hole in my car, this is what I did instead of drilling. I think it works out great.
Old 04-10-07 | 02:02 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

And finally, IPOD location.

Thanks VVT-i, Tim, and Pocky for great DIY tip.

The install was very very easy, and the sound quality is great!

PM me if you have any question.
Attached Thumbnails Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)-dsc_0646.jpg  
Old 05-04-07 | 04:58 AM
roe74
Driver School Candidate

did you disconnect the cable from the battery terminal while installing the soundlinq module ???
Old 05-04-07 | 07:39 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by roe74
did you disconnect the cable from the battery terminal while installing the soundlinq module ???
Shouldnt need to.
Old 05-04-07 | 08:11 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by roe74
On the safe side, yes, but you can do it without disconnecting the - cable.
Old 06-04-07 | 11:25 AM
WillyC24
Driver School Candidate

I tried to install this yesterday while performing the NAV hack. I consider myself fairly "technically savvy" but I could not find where these VAIS harnesses connect up.

Could someone please indicate which factory harness I need to pass through the VAIS one? I'm going to retry this tonight.
Old 06-04-07 | 12:49 PM
Toptier
Pole Position

the connection you want is at the bottom of the nav/head unit.
Old 07-01-07 | 05:00 PM
Sir Topas
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BottomsUp

Yeah the 99 playlist limit is a bummer, but it is really nice...problem is this kit almost makes the nav hack mandatory.
Why does it make the nav hack mandatory? Can you not access the iPod functions while driving? Wouldn't you be able to control via steering wheel buttons? Sorry if these are silly questions, but I am brand new to the forum and to Lexus.
Old 07-01-07 | 05:01 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sir Topas
Why does it make the nav hack mandatory? Can you not access the iPod functions while driving? Wouldn't you be able to control via steering wheel buttons? Sorry if these are silly questions, but I am brand new to the forum and to Lexus.
Yes you can still use the steering wheel functions, but the touch screen controls are awesome. Those only work while the car is stopped.
Old 08-14-07 | 11:09 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Question Question....

Anyone have the installation guide or wiring guide for how this unit is connected to everything?

I am asking because I am wondering if those wiring harnesses that come with it can be used as "extension" pieces and then used for the nav hack. Basically if they can be purchased separately, installed inline with the existing wiring in the back of the nav unit so they act as simply wire extensions, I can do the nav have (cut and splices) to those wires without voiding my warranty as I could just remove that wire harness piece and go back to stock.
Old 08-14-07 | 11:21 AM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Anyone have the installation guide or wiring guide for how this unit is connected to everything?

I am asking because I am wondering if those wiring harnesses that come with it can be used as "extension" pieces and then used for the nav hack. Basically if they can be purchased separately, installed inline with the existing wiring in the back of the nav unit so they act as simply wire extensions, I can do the nav have (cut and splices) to those wires without voiding my warranty as I could just remove that wire harness piece and go back to stock.
This is a great idea.
Old 08-14-07 | 12:50 PM
Toptier
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ben_r_

you wouldn't be able to. The wiring harness for the VAIS is only connected to the stereo. For the NAV hack it's a different set of harnesses.
Old 08-14-07 | 01:01 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Toptier
you wouldn't be able to. The wiring harness for the VAIS is only connected to the stereo. For the NAV hack it's a different set of harnesses.
Darn it, thats what I was afraid of... So the Vaistech doesnt have anything to do with the P1 and J50 connectors huh? So it connects to what, the connectors below the Nav hack ones?

Well back to square one I guess...

Quick Reply: Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)