IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-07, 03:24 PM
Toptier
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is another set of connectors below the black section for the stereo, which is not pictured. That's where the Vaistech connects to.
Old 09-01-07, 03:29 PM
alexis250
Driver School Candidate

Default Do you still have access to your stock changer will Vaistech installed

I read through all 15 pages before i but this unit but I have 2 questions i need to be sure of before i buy it. Do you still have access to you discs in your factory changer with this installed? Is it really plug and play? thanks
Old 09-09-07, 05:53 PM
xerxes717
Driver

Originally Posted by alexis250
I read through all 15 pages before i but this unit but I have 2 questions i need to be sure of before i buy it. Do you still have access to you discs in your factory changer with this installed? Is it really plug and play? thanks
Of course you still have access! This is just recognized as an external plug n play unit.
Old 10-05-07, 03:24 PM
devanaire0
Driver

I heard there is a ipod intergration kit that will allow you to see your ipod trak listings as well as videos from ipod video...if you have the navigation....is this true? Will this kit do that?
Old 10-15-07, 02:30 PM
crazy_vag
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by devanaire0
I heard there is a ipod intergration kit that will allow you to see your ipod trak listings as well as videos from ipod video...if you have the navigation....is this true? Will this kit do that?
Yes, The SLI won't do it, but their newest SL2I kit will be upgradable to the video option. Since the hardware will be the same, you can just buy the existing SL2I kit. Vaistech said they'll be charging SL2I users the difference between the two kits.
Old 01-03-08, 04:58 AM
anwallac
Rookie

Originally Posted by kensteele
^^^ so i had heat related issues and i live in kansas. in certain areas of your 2is, it's gets hot no matter where you live. i don't think it has anything to do with your geographical region. i found that one of the vais component was touching metal which allowed the heat to conduct faster and i ended up with some melting that affected the performance.

if i were you i would perform the installation. there are steps you can take to help avoid excessive heat. you can make sure you properly install the components away from high heat areas and you can also take steps to protect or insulate those component from the heat.
Kensteele, or anyone else who had this problem can you pinpoint exactly what components in the installation area can cause the excessive heat? I just ordered the SL2Vi. I want to ensure I do not have any melted harnesses! I am wondering if your harnesses melted from the HU or the tranny, or possibly anything else. On the Vaistech Forum, where you posted this problem, the vaistech guy said it's due to improper installation w/o exactly saying the exact components/areas to stay away from.

I will install the SL2vi next week, ill let everyone know if it is wortht he extra $$$ for the video option.
Old 01-03-08, 07:03 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't remember exactly where the heat was excessive but i would imagine improper installation refers to don't let the plastic parts of the harness come in contact with metal. it's been over a year but i would say the heat is not hot air or hot conditions but hot parts as in metallic parts.
Old 01-10-08, 03:25 PM
promancejr
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone, I am sorry if this was asked before but will this work with a Nav without ML?
Old 01-10-08, 04:18 PM
xerxes717
Driver

Originally Posted by promancejr
Hi everyone, I am sorry if this was asked before but will this work with a Nav without ML?
Yes, I have it on mine (no ML) and it works great.
Old 01-10-08, 04:22 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

wish it worked with the iphone..
Old 07-28-08, 08:54 PM
devanaire0
Driver

Default What not to do...

Thanks Mike for showing me this thread. Unfortunately I got it a little too late. With a regular, small kitchen knife I cut a rectangle in the bottom of the cigarette astray holder.... Yeaaaaaa, not a good look. I do not recommend it.

Anybody want to trade parts?
Attached Thumbnails Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)-img_0084.jpg  
Old 07-28-08, 08:58 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

i drilled a hole through the center console.
Old 09-17-08, 05:39 PM
darrelld
Driver

Originally Posted by ThoLe
i drilled a hole through the center console.
Anyone know when they will provide a compatible cable for the iPhone 3g. Questions on this go unanswered on their web site.

http://www.vaistech.com
Old 07-20-09, 03:26 PM
djrobsd
Rookie

Originally Posted by darrelld
Anyone know when they will provide a compatible cable for the iPhone 3g. Questions on this go unanswered on their web site.

http://www.vaistech.com
The "compatibility" is that the 3G iphone does not allow charging via the firewire specifications only USB. The factory ipod on the Infiniti G is the same way. The workaround is to buy this adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-Chargi.../ref=pd_cp_e_1
Old 12-13-09, 10:40 AM
Purple87SS
Driver School Candidate

So in my 2006 is250 w/o ML, I should be to see video on the nav screen with my 3gs Iphone if I have the Vaistech SL2Vi installed.

Anyone have a confirmation of this before I spend $350.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)