IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-06 | 04:32 PM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kensteele
have you tried to raise the volume level of each song (within itunes) for each song individually on the nano?
How do you do this???
Old 06-27-06 | 05:06 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by yellowssm
How do you do this???
select a song -> get info -> options (tab) -> volume adjustment = none; you can raise it +100%
Old 06-27-06 | 06:53 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Awesome, I just turned on the "I Agree" button press. SWEEEEEET!!!!!
Old 06-27-06 | 08:29 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

A question to those who have installed their VAIS integration kit. Did anyone disconnect the battery? Is it necessary to disconnect the battery for the installation?
Old 06-28-06 | 01:02 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Nah, don't need to.
Old 06-28-06 | 06:57 PM
attack7
Rookie

Got mine installed today (and did the nav hack at the same time) -- thanks for everyone's up-front work about where to place the module, ipod, and of course for the OMFG nav hack info... makes the electronics package a whole different animal.
Old 06-28-06 | 07:31 PM
BShears
Rookie

Originally Posted by attack7
Got mine installed today (and did the nav hack at the same time) -- thanks for everyone's up-front work about where to place the module, ipod, and of course for the OMFG nav hack info... makes the electronics package a whole different animal.

Where did you put the Vais unit and the iPod?
Old 06-28-06 | 07:34 PM
attack7
Rookie

Unit's down by the shifter under the plastic in front of the cup holder, ipod in the center console
Old 06-28-06 | 10:12 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by attack7
Unit's down by the shifter under the plastic in front of the cup holder, ipod in the center console
Sweet!
Old 06-29-06 | 06:22 AM
BShears
Rookie

Pochy, it looks like you put the unit in the same place. Does it fit in there snugly or do you have to mount in on something? You don't want it rattling around in there.
Old 06-29-06 | 08:26 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by BShears
Pochy, it looks like you put the unit in the same place. Does it fit in there snugly or do you have to mount in on something? You don't want it rattling around in there.
No rattles. It fits very snug. Doesn't matter, my a pillar rattles anyway.
Old 06-29-06 | 12:37 PM
brel523
Rookie

Originally Posted by gmeardi
Being this a "Vaistech thread", does anyone know anything about the
"AVIC-100i A/V Auxiliary Input Adapter with Apple® iPod™ interface"
that's actually given for 'unavailable' in their website.

That interface could be quite nice to exploit even the video and not only the iPod audio features...
and perhaps it could be able to show the album cover on the nav screen (like on the ipod)...

Any ideas? Thanks
Just got off the phone with Vaistech sales lady. She said the AVIC-100i should be available by end of year(2006), then said probably November 2006. So... I'd say Novemeber 30 at earliest, more likely December or first of 2007 since it was a sales person giving the date.

I'm suppose to get my IS 350 at end of July and was hoping AVIC-100i would be out by then. I guess I'll just wait for it since I also would like to have video routed to NAV and only want to take the NAV unit out once to do hack and install Vaistech.

Question: Is the NAV hack really worth going ahead and doing it now and taking NAV out again once I get AVIC-100i or should I wait for AVIC-100i and do them both at once to cut down on potention scratches or clips breaking?

I don't have reason to believe AVIC-100i is vaporware from conversation with Vaistech so I would think it should happen by year end.

Thanks.
Old 06-29-06 | 02:36 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by brel523
Just got off the phone with Vaistech sales lady. She said the AVIC-100i should be available by end of year(2006), then said probably November 2006. So... I'd say Novemeber 30 at earliest, more likely December or first of 2007 since it was a sales person giving the date.

I'm suppose to get my IS 350 at end of July and was hoping AVIC-100i would be out by then. I guess I'll just wait for it since I also would like to have video routed to NAV and only want to take the NAV unit out once to do hack and install Vaistech.

Question: Is the NAV hack really worth going ahead and doing it now and taking NAV out again once I get AVIC-100i or should I wait for AVIC-100i and do them both at once to cut down on potention scratches or clips breaking?

I don't have reason to believe AVIC-100i is vaporware from conversation with Vaistech so I would think it should happen by year end.

Thanks.
I have every reason to believe that if you are extra extra careful, you'll have no problems performing minor surgery. That's what I hear.
Old 06-29-06 | 07:42 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BShears
My question is does it display that screen while the car is in motion or is the Nav Hack required for that?
Did not see anyone answer this, so here goes. I HAVE done the nav hack and I can see and scroll thru all detail on songs and playlists while in motion. Someone without the nav hack will have to say if those functions are disabled when moving...
Old 06-30-06 | 10:35 AM
dajwilson
Driver

Originally Posted by IS350_PHIL
Did not see anyone answer this, so here goes. I HAVE done the nav hack and I can see and scroll thru all detail on songs and playlists while in motion. Someone without the nav hack will have to say if those functions are disabled when moving...
Those functions are disabled. I haven't done the hack and I can't access playlists or scroll through while in motion. I'm going to do the nav hack this weekend because it's annoying. And if you're wondering why I didn't do it while I was installing the Vais unit, it's because I'm retarded and didn't have caps for the wires while I was doing the install. So I'll be yanking the nav out again.

Quick Reply: Vaistech SLI iPOD intergration installed(pics)