IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My Is Is Here!! Yay!!! Not

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-06, 08:00 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kloh7
What do you think I should ask for? I mean, I still want the car regardless, I don't want to have to wait another month or so. I can't believe this happened to me.
I'd ask for any and all routine services on the house for as long as I owned the car.

I realize how frustrating this is for you but it's no different than buying a car off the lot that someone else has test driven (IMHO, of course.)
Old 06-12-06, 08:14 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I woulnd't take the extended warranty. Why get something that you MAY not even use (i.e. depending on how long you keep the car, and contingent that something actually needs repairs after the basic warranty expires), and that doesn't really cost the dealer anything. Get something tangible, like a substantial discount.

If it were me, I wouldn't take the car, I'd insist on another vehicle (but that's just me). No discount or freebies would alleviate that constant reminder that I would always have every time I drove, that someone else deflowered my car.
Old 06-12-06, 09:41 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what happened here don't just leave us hangin!!!!!!
Old 06-12-06, 09:52 PM
kloh7
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, was too excited to even get the car since I've been waiting so long. But, I was able to get a better interest rate, free detailing when I choose, as well as the 3xp protection from Simoniz. I figured since the paint was so fagile as ppl have been complaining about it, I might as well have something to protect it better as well as having that dent protection might prove to be worth something someday. Wondering if I should have asked for a little bit more.
Old 06-12-06, 10:19 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

I would go for it all, just like when your seling something always shoot for higher because you can always come down. spoiler, free service just keep reminding them how much they screwed up. worse that can happen is they say no.
Congrats on the new car!
Old 06-12-06, 11:00 PM
kloh7
Pole Position

Just did some research on the Simoniz thing and found out that its kinda bs stuff especially the teflon coating and the interior coating since the teflon coating is just like a wax they put on and like any wax, can come off. As well as the interior dressing, can be wiped off. Only thing good is the dent protection as well as the window etching thing where they give you 5000 for the purchase of a new car if its stolen and if its recovered, they give you 1000 for repairs. And theres like an 800 number for ppl to call to report the car stolen. I'm assuming its like lojack but without the equipment installed in. So...I dont know, kinda feel cheated again. I want to ask for something else, maybe interior motion sensor for the alarm, or lojack? maybe some service or warranty or somehting. Oh man.....
Old 06-13-06, 12:00 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ask for all those options n packages that the finance guy tries to sell you with the car... you already got the paint and interior protection, and the dent thing. i think theres also lojack, maybe a clear bra, extended warranty, GAP insurance, extra maintenance service, etc.
Old 06-13-06, 12:18 AM
kloh7
Pole Position

I was thinking the extended warranty might make me happy since I don't know what the other guy did to the car. If not that then at least lojack so my insurance is lower. Wonder if the other guy is on this board. Hello....are ya? Guy from Whitestone, yes? no?
Old 06-13-06, 01:22 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i got lojack installed and it lowered my insurance by a whopping 11 bucks every 6 months! hahah. but then again i have mercury and the finance guy told me that if my car does get stolen, mercury will actually waive the deductible since i have lojack...
Old 06-13-06, 08:08 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Sounds like you got a few trinkets that don't actually cost the dealer anything.
Old 06-13-06, 12:29 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

How much is lojack?
Old 06-13-06, 12:36 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
I woulnd't take the extended warranty. Why get something that you MAY not even use (i.e. depending on how long you keep the car, and contingent that something actually needs repairs after the basic warranty expires), and that doesn't really cost the dealer anything. Get something tangible, like a substantial discount
one major repair outside of the standard warranty basically pays for the extended warranty, some people plan to keep the car for 6-7 years
Old 06-13-06, 01:44 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
one major repair outside of the standard warranty basically pays for the extended warranty, some people plan to keep the car for 6-7 years
I don't know about you, but I've had 4 Toyota/Lexus and have NEVER had ANYTHING major outside of warranty. What I'm trying to convey, I'd rather take something more tangible from the dealer than warranty, as its not really a penalty for letting someone else drive my brand new car.
Old 06-13-06, 02:58 PM
BobsGX
Racer

How many miles did the other owner put on the car?
Old 06-13-06, 08:35 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kloh7
I was thinking the extended warranty might make me happy since I don't know what the other guy did to the car. If not that then at least lojack so my insurance is lower. Wonder if the other guy is on this board. Hello....are ya? Guy from Whitestone, yes? no?
Saw this on another thread

Quick Reply: My Is Is Here!! Yay!!! Not