My Is Is Here!! Yay!!! Not

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-06, 09:07 PM
kloh7
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThoLe
How much is lojack?
From the dealer its 795 I believe and then theres the early warning system for 1250 or so.
Old 06-13-06, 09:09 PM
kloh7
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TimboIS
I don't know about you, but I've had 4 Toyota/Lexus and have NEVER had ANYTHING major outside of warranty. What I'm trying to convey, I'd rather take something more tangible from the dealer than warranty, as its not really a penalty for letting someone else drive my brand new car.
Thought about that, maybe a kit or spoiler but then again I like the car to be clean and I think the kit takes that away from the lines of the car.
Old 06-13-06, 09:10 PM
kloh7
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BobsGX
How many miles did the other owner put on the car?
Guy put on 141 miles on the car within like two days. But dealer told him not to use th car anymore so I guess 141 miles in one day which seems quite a bit. Probably took it for a joyride. Damn it.
Old 06-13-06, 09:34 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by kloh7
Funny story, I was supposed to pick it up today from Rallye. Went in, signed all the papers and stuff, went out to the lot to check the car. My salesperson is looking for the car, using the fobkey to try to determine where they put it on the lot. We spot the only Black/Black IS on the lot so we figured it was mine. We get closer, and the keys not working. Well, he checks the VIN number and its the wrong one but according to his recent records, there shouldnt be another IS350 black/black on the lot. He goes in to see whats up and I just look around at the car and realize its a luxury package version, and I bought the Sport so its def not mine. Salesperson comes back out and tells me the situation. So basically, they delivered my IS by accident to some guy in Whitestone. But they were able to contact the guy and he hasn't touched the car since it was delivered. So now he's gonna bring it back to the dealer Monday morning and pick up his car thats sitting on the lot and once it gets in, I'll be able to go and pick up my car. Kinda ticked that I went there and wasn't able to pick up my car and on top of that, they put more miles on it. Ugh... Terrible, they better give me something to compensate for my time and for the messup.

Sorry to hear that. I would not accept the car. When I buy a new car, I want it to be NEW.
Old 06-13-06, 10:47 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Guy put on 141 miles on the car within like two days. But dealer told him not to use th car anymore so I guess 141 miles in one day which seems quite a bit. Probably took it for a joyride. Damn it.
Seems like the dealer didn't really give a ***** about your situation. They should have dispatched a flatbed to retrieve the car ASAP. Based on that fact alone, I'd take my business elsewhere.
Old 06-14-06, 10:14 AM
wawawa
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't take it (if you can).

you are spending 40k+ on this car, and if there's anything makes you unhappy about this car, don't settle for it.

But if you've already signed all the paper work and stuff, that's another story...
Old 06-14-06, 10:36 AM
Soda
Pole Position

141 miles is not alot. Think about it, the car comes w/bumper to bumper warranty for a long time. How long do you keep your cars?? We have cars go outta here all the time w/over a hundred miles 2 and 3 times a day. I don't care if it's a Lexus, or a BMW or a chevy. EVERYONE makes mistakes. Not like they did it to you on purpose. And it's not a used car, they did the paperwork w/your VIN no on YOUR car. They still have a survey at stake so if you're not happy go to the GM or GSM and be NICE. More of a jerk you are, less forgiving they're gonna be. You own the car. Explain to them you're not happy but you would've liked to see something else. Ask for the spoiler or something reasonable. You could've chose not to take the car even though you had signed paperwork on it, you never took delivery. The Vin etching is Very inexpensive and so is the paint protectant. Dunno bout the ding thing. But do what makes you happy and forget about a measly 141 miles.. that's definitely worth the ding thing. I hate door dings!
Old 06-14-06, 12:02 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Smoked the tires a few times, broke the break in rule 141 miles is alot .
The guy said that he had not driven it since it was delivered but there is 141 miles on it?
So now you wonder...did he go out and drive it more since now he knows it's not his?
I know how much you want the car but I think i would wait for a new one .

Last edited by Style2k6; 06-14-06 at 02:10 PM.