IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My Is Is Here!! Yay!!! Not

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-06, 10:20 PM
kloh7
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Is Is Here!! Yay!!! Not

Funny story, I was supposed to pick it up today from Rallye. Went in, signed all the papers and stuff, went out to the lot to check the car. My salesperson is looking for the car, using the fobkey to try to determine where they put it on the lot. We spot the only Black/Black IS on the lot so we figured it was mine. We get closer, and the keys not working. Well, he checks the VIN number and its the wrong one but according to his recent records, there shouldnt be another IS350 black/black on the lot. He goes in to see whats up and I just look around at the car and realize its a luxury package version, and I bought the Sport so its def not mine. Salesperson comes back out and tells me the situation. So basically, they delivered my IS by accident to some guy in Whitestone. But they were able to contact the guy and he hasn't touched the car since it was delivered. So now he's gonna bring it back to the dealer Monday morning and pick up his car thats sitting on the lot and once it gets in, I'll be able to go and pick up my car. Kinda ticked that I went there and wasn't able to pick up my car and on top of that, they put more miles on it. Ugh... Terrible, they better give me something to compensate for my time and for the messup.
Old 06-11-06, 07:23 AM
attack7
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's insane...hopefully they get it sorted out quickly... make sure you make them aware of the carfax ramifications here (you're not the only owner of the car now)... not sure if that has resale implications, but may look weird to a future buyer.
Old 06-11-06, 08:35 AM
glilly
Pole Position

it's used now, ...have them take off a couple grand, or buy another "new" one. I'd be totally pissed.
Old 06-11-06, 09:53 AM
kloh7
Pole Position

I thought about the buying a brand new one, but then I'd have to wait for the longest time again. And I want it NOW!!! I've been patient, been waiting, haven't complained much and now this happens. Jeez...they better do something and give me something cool. A nice bodykit and spoiler might do the trick.
Old 06-11-06, 10:03 AM
glilly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kloh7
A nice bodykit and spoiler might do the trick.
I'd def. try for it. If you back out of the deal, ...the next guy is gonna get a discount on the car due to the miles and the car has already been owned.
Old 06-11-06, 10:41 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dealer error. Definately work something out. The car is definately used. They always give you the "Gap Insurance Speech" : you drive it off the lot and it depreciates $5k immediately. I think you should give them the "Gap Insurance Speech" and tell them about the immediate depreciation...
Old 06-11-06, 11:17 AM
sab504
Pit Crew

Talk to the sales manager and let him know immediately that this is insane and your really upset about this. He'll surely work something out with you ^_^
Old 06-11-06, 12:38 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you should see what happens if you try to back out of the deal, cuz technically all the papers have been signed and the deal is already done.
Old 06-11-06, 01:58 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

They're basically letting a complete stranger drive YOUR new car for the weekend. Sounds like a great deal for the other guy. Dealer should have been over there with a flatbed to get is ASAP, not "at the other guys convenience" BS. Didn't the other guy know that it wasn't a LUX. My guess, is that dealer et him "test drive" it for the weekend to see if he likes the Sport over the Lux. Seems like the other guy is getting the better service.
Old 06-11-06, 02:12 PM
FlyGrl IS
Rookie

Yeah, they'll do something...they'll give you a free oil change. hahahahahaha Actually, I wouldn't mind having the 15K service for free. I'm getting that this next weekend, and that's gonna put me back almost $500. Bleh.
Old 06-11-06, 02:15 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Years worth of free gas would be nice!
Old 06-11-06, 02:23 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FlyGrl IS
Yeah, they'll do something...they'll give you a free oil change. hahahahahaha Actually, I wouldn't mind having the 15K service for free. I'm getting that this next weekend, and that's gonna put me back almost $500. Bleh.
Well this screw up should easily cover all his service calls at least 5k's worth since that is at least what the depreciation on the car is since it left the lot.
Old 06-11-06, 05:29 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by attack7
That's insane...hopefully they get it sorted out quickly... make sure you make them aware of the carfax ramifications here (you're not the only owner of the car now)... not sure if that has resale implications, but may look weird to a future buyer.
Yes, he is the only owner of the car. The other guy's paper work has the Lux pack VIN, so he is the first owner of his car. klo7's paperwork has the sport pack VIN, so he is the first owner of his car. The other guy didn't buy the wrong car, he just drove the wrong one off the lot. The paperwork isn't going to show the cars being titled to two individuals, so from a resale perspective, the mixup isn't going to make any difference. The only issue is that klo7's car was driven by a third party. This would **** me off like crazy, and I'd be expecting something significant as compensation.
Old 06-11-06, 08:42 PM
kloh7
Pole Position

What do you think I should ask for? I mean, I still want the car regardless, I don't want to have to wait another month or so. I can't believe this happened to me.
Old 06-12-06, 06:56 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kloh7
What do you think I should ask for? I mean, I still want the car regardless, I don't want to have to wait another month or so. I can't believe this happened to me.
Ask for an extended service coverage warranty.

Lexus offers The Lexus Platinum Program. These are the costs for extending the warranty with no deductible:

6 years/70,000 miles = $1,375
7 years/75,000 miles = $1,800
5 years/100,000 miles = $1,650
6 years/100,000 miles = $1,825
7 years/100,000 miles = $2,175 ---- This is what you should ask for. They may offer you a different level, but it would be nice to have this. They also have a Gold Program but it's not has comprehensive.

Check the Extended Warranty info on Lexus.com

Good luck and keep us informed.

Quick Reply: My Is Is Here!! Yay!!! Not