IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I Seriously Need Help...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-06, 08:48 PM
aznfellow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post I Seriously Need Help...

hi guys i am new to this forum. i currently drive a bmw m3 coupe right now but my son (17) wants a car and let me tell you after looking at his car list its been a tough decision. he really likes the new 2006 is350, i mean its sporty, insides very sporty, f1 shift, amazing styling, etc to him. anyhow my son doesn't know what aftermartket parts do lexus have? i want to know as well?

so my question is what are some great brand names for aftermarket lexus tuning? like i said i am from bmw tuning and wife is benz and my son well hopefully soon to be lexus owner. he is really interested on suspsension, pullies, supercarger or turbo, and body parts such as carbon fiber stuff. let me know what you guys know. i am really excited to enter this new world of lexus tuning. thanks.
Old 06-11-06, 07:25 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Seriously,

Buy a Porsche ... or a Corvette. or a Viper. They are race cars; designed to be.

Why take a new, well engineered auto and try to reengineer it yourself? It is always a tradeoff; for most part, it's not for the better . And your warranty goes out the window . There aren't many aftermarket parts available, since this is an upscale new model of the IS.

But, it's your teenager. Consider your insurance and the killing effect of a new auto, as they show it off and impress their friends.

I would purchase a five speed Hyundia Accent, for example, for $11,000.
Impressive enough, yet less killing power for a youngster. After he's 25, a Lexus may be a consideration.
Old 06-11-06, 10:04 AM
aznfellow
Driver School Candidate

yes i understand that a lexus is kind of high price for a teen, but my son deserves it. having now a 3.8 gpa, mostly ap classes and a 2230 on sat i think is well worth it. so what are some brand names for tuning is350?
Old 06-11-06, 10:14 AM
aznfellow
Driver School Candidate

Post I Seriously Need Help...

hi guys i am new to this forum. i currently drive a bmw m3 coupe right now but my son (17) wants a car and let me tell you after looking at his car list its been a tough decision. he really likes the new 2006 is350, i mean its sporty, insides very sporty, f1 shift, amazing styling, etc to him. anyhow my son doesn't know what aftermartket parts do lexus have? i want to know as well?

yes i understand that a lexus is kind of high price for a teen, but my son deserves it. having now a 3.8 gpa, mostly ap classes and a 2230 on sat i think is well worth it. so what are some brand names for tuning is350?

so my question is what are some great brand names for aftermarket lexus tuning? like i said i am from bmw tuning and wife is benz and my son well hopefully soon to be lexus owner. he is really interested on suspsension, pullies, supercarger or turbo, and body parts such as carbon fiber stuff. let me know what you guys know. i am really excited to enter this new world of lexus tuning. thanks.
Old 06-11-06, 10:17 AM
boostedg35
Driver School Candidate

wow... parents like you make me sick. i wish i was a spoiled rotten bratt... im jealous!

but the is350 will have plent parts coming out..

question.. why dont you just get a used m3 for cheaper... if i was him i would rather have that.. or wait for the 335i
Old 06-11-06, 10:24 AM
aznfellow
Driver School Candidate

because the father drives an M3 my son he wants to try something new and with lexu's high value and no problems with great engine, its surely the way to go to do stupid things for his age. i trust him enough that he will be ok.

so any brand names for intake, pullys, headers, exhaust, supercharger or turbos?
Old 06-11-06, 10:47 AM
sab504
Pit Crew

Get him a civic and let him play with it =)
Old 06-11-06, 10:57 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,287 Likes on 1,393 Posts

There are lots of names for Lexus tuning, but since the 2IS has been out less than a year there aren't that many performance parts out for it yet.

Tanabe and LMS offer some performance intems (intake, exhaust)

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/index.php?id=113 is a link to some of the 2IS stuff one of our CL vendors carries

Welcome to the forum!
Old 06-11-06, 10:58 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You gotta be kidding.
Old 06-11-06, 11:03 AM
MD727
Rookie

I'm a parent of a son who is also very successful - but giving a 17 yr old a car with 300+ horsepower is irresponsible - when (not if) he decides he's going to see just "what it will do" I hope your prepared for the consequences. As said earlier, get him a civic and let him play with that.
Old 06-11-06, 11:06 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Folks, let's limit the commentary on the personal aspects of the reason for this purchase please.

That's the buyers perrogative.
Old 06-11-06, 11:12 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Are you crazy, Buying a 17 year old a 306hp car?? Can't believe people today.
Old 06-11-06, 11:26 AM
RealNinjuz
Rookie

When he wraps it around a pole, send me an IM. I will buy the seats.
Old 06-11-06, 11:26 AM
aznfellow
Driver School Candidate

thanks man for the helpful links. my family is a big part of car tuning. my son is very responsible and i trust him. i mean the area around us expecially his school is full of bmers and benzs so he wanted to stick out and get a high class lexus.

PS: are there any superchargers or turbos? what are the major brand name lexus tuners like for my bmw its ac schnitzer for example.
Old 06-11-06, 11:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by aznfellow
PS: are there any superchargers or turbos? what are the major brand name lexus tuners like for my bmw its ac schnitzer for example.

No not that I recall seeing yet. Some Lexus tuners would include Blitz, Swift Racing Technology (SRT), Rod Millen Motorsports (RMM), Peter Farrell Supercars (PFS), Luxury Motorworks (LMS), Turboeast, Powerhouse Racing, Toyomoto, etc. None of them have a FI kit out that I've seen, but I seem to recall LMS was working one at least.

Quick Reply: I Seriously Need Help...