IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Buy an IS350 through COSTCO????

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-06, 02:31 PM
mvalpreda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy an IS350 through COSTCO????

My wife and I love Costco. Where else can I buy 50 pounds of pancake mix for 4.99? I see they sell cars, but I don't know of anyone who has bought one from them. Has anyone here done that? Considered it?

I usually just go through one of the internet car buying places and go from there. Thought Costco might be worth a shot though.
Old 06-11-06, 02:41 PM
a.k.aws.
Driver

Default Costco Rocks!!

they give you the cars at cost. INVOICE!!

so go buy it through costco
Old 06-11-06, 02:56 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by a.k.aws.
they give you the cars at cost. INVOICE!!
Not the IS 350. It's only $1003 off of MSRP (last time I checked, in CA).
Old 06-11-06, 03:40 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

does that mean we can return the car whenever we want just cuz we're not satisfied with it??? hahah gotta love costco's return policy!
Old 06-11-06, 04:19 PM
GOBUCS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AAA has a discount car buying program that I have used to buy 3 cars with, but the IS 350 did not qualify

Shopped around Lexus Dealers, and special ordered one for 2,500 off MSRP.
Old 06-11-06, 05:04 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GOBUCS
AAA has a discount car buying program that I have used to buy 3 cars with, but the IS 350 did not qualify

Same story.....

I bought in March and Costco was not able to help. If I wanted an RX, I could have had it for cheap......
Old 06-11-06, 05:09 PM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So. Cal. AAA helped me with my purchase of an IS350. Saved me a $1000. First time I had purchased using their help. Worked for me.
Old 06-11-06, 05:41 PM
Soda
Pole Position

Costco Prices are set by the DEALER. We decide what amount off MSRP or over Invoice through Costco. So they'll all be different and they can exclude them too. We do it all the time. It's advertisement.
Old 06-11-06, 08:16 PM
mvalpreda
Driver School Candidate

That is what I am planning on doing. I am waiting for a couple of cars we have to get off lease, but I might try and sell one earlier. Finding it difficult to find a dark grey with black 350 ML and sport. Who knew? One of the dealers I talked to said that's a tall order and would probably have to order it, wait 4-8 weeks to have it come from Japan. Hey, at least I know no stinky fat guys will have test driven it.

Since you are in So Cal, where did you order yours? I'm in OC, but $2,500 is $2,500!
Old 06-11-06, 08:19 PM
a.k.aws.
Driver

my friend used costco and got his is250 at invoice

yeah unfrotunately its not is350
Old 06-11-06, 09:02 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

I tried to use Costco, the Lexus dealers said they didn't have to sell at that price as they were getting MSRP.
Old 06-11-06, 09:25 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Dabigman
I tried to use Costco, the Lexus dealers said they didn't have to sell at that price as they were getting MSRP.
Actually that's not true. The Lexus dealer told me the same thing, and I reported them to Costco. Costco investigated, but since I made a better deal than the Costco program they didn't pursue it any further. If it had turned out that I didn't get as good of deal as Costco, and I went through Costco, they would have refunded me the difference. The Costco customer service preson, said Costco take the program very seriously. When a dealer registers with the program they are obligated to abide by Costco guidelines. Dealers get a lot of business via the Costco program, and they need to honor their end of agreement.
Old 06-11-06, 09:54 PM
royal5fan
Driver School Candidate

Default Tried cosct

I picked up my car May 15. I tried to use Costco since I had success with them when buying my wifes car, But got a much better deal through Sam's Club. $3300 off sticker.
Old 06-11-06, 09:58 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Actually that's not true. The Lexus dealer told me the same thing, and I reported them to Costco. Costco investigated, but since I made a better deal than the Costco program they didn't pursue it any further. If it had turned out that I didn't get as good of deal as Costco, and I went through Costco, they would have refunded me the difference. The Costco customer service preson, said Costco take the program very seriously. When a dealer registers with the program they are obligated to abide by Costco guidelines. Dealers get a lot of business via the Costco program, and they need to honor their end of agreement.
I talked to the Costco people about it, they couldn't do anything Costco has the dealer give you a "Market Price Sheet", so basically the dealer says market price is MSRP and they have their out. Sure you can see the invoice price but Costco can't do squat unless the dealer is marking up cars that really aren't selling well.
Old 06-11-06, 11:01 PM
ezwinner70
Driver School Candidate

thats pretty awesome, which dealer was this?

Originally Posted by a.k.aws.
my friend used costco and got his is250 at invoice

yeah unfrotunately its not is350

Quick Reply: Buy an IS350 through COSTCO????