Foxberry
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nah, I pass on the car cover
Old 06-13-06, 12:48 PM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

The only time my car is covered is when the scantily clad ladies gather 'round her at cruise night!
Old 06-13-06, 01:12 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dajwilson
Covering your car is not gonna give it a low profile. That's just going to make people even more curious to see what's under the cover. You don't see many people putting car covers on a Chevy Cavalier so..........people are going to know that there's something under there worth covering.

You're right, but my neighbor covered his 80s Toyota... lol.
Old 06-13-06, 02:46 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

I garage my car but stuff always drips down from the ceiling of the garage (it's a commercial garage, not attached to my house/apt), so I need a cover anyway. Here is a good thread on where to get covers:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195750
Old 06-13-06, 02:50 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
that is awesome!!!
Old 06-13-06, 08:16 PM
tragic22
Rookie

Originally Posted by dajwilson
Covering your car is not gonna give it a low profile. That's just going to make people even more curious to see what's under the cover. You don't see many people putting car covers on a Chevy Cavalier so..........people are going to know that there's something under there worth covering.
I agree people may be more curious as too what is under the cover but very few people if any are bold enough to actually pull up the cover to see whats under. People walking by may think "I wonder what kind of car is under there..." but thats as far as they'll probably go. On the other hand if you have your brand new "exclusive" IS just sitting there on the street it'll definetly catch some eyes and people passing by may stop to take a closer look . So in my opinion the car cover is worth it.
Old 06-13-06, 09:42 PM
Smooth1
Rookie

Default Noah Car Cover

I have a Noah car cover that I ordered through California Car Cover Company and I think it is great, the cover that I have is a custom cover for the IS350. This is a must for me because I work in a industrial area and there is a lot of overspray dust etc. I also put the car cover on at my house because I dont have a covered garage just a carport and it still gets really dusty. I must say that this car cover is awesome it really does alot in terms of keeping off the dust etc, when I take off the car cover its looks nice and clean like I just washed it .

I notice some people said that car covers can rub the paint off, this car cover is custom made for the IS350 and does not blow around, if you dont have a custom car cover I can understand it rubbing the paint from the wind etc or simply puttting in on the car. I had originally purchased a car cover from Checker's for $70.00 that one blew all over the place and was actually really tight on the mirror's so I can understand that the paint would get rubbed constantly in that area.

I highly recommend purchasing a car cover if you are in a dusty area etc it really helps out a lot to keep your car looking nice and clean.
Attached Thumbnails Do you cover your car?-noah-car-cover2.jpg