IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

G35driver forum: owners seem a bit bitter about IS350

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-06, 05:43 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

with basically a 1000 higher redline i think its going to gain more than 15, not to mention its intake runner lengths were equalized unlike before (really needed this they even had mobs to help correct this design)
Old 06-16-06, 05:08 AM
cliverman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sedan or Coupe

Are we talking about the sedan or coupe? The sedan has a 280-hp 3.5-liter (3,498cc) DOHC V6 engine. The coupe gets 298-hp.

So if they bump the sedan to 300-330 that'd be a nice jump.
Old 06-16-06, 05:35 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by cliverman
Are we talking about the sedan or coupe? The sedan has a 280-hp 3.5-liter (3,498cc) DOHC V6 engine. The coupe gets 298-hp.

its all the same engine i think its just number fudging, in the end its the same engine, maybe the sedan will be around 310-320 hp and the coupe can go 330ish hp
Old 06-16-06, 05:47 AM
lexusman1
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

G35 owners are just mad we all own a truely one of a kind lux/sport sedan that uses no cheaper than a 100% lexus chassis and body. The G35 is nice and all but, To be truthful the G35 is'nt nothing more than a nissan altima(sedan) and nissan350Z(coupe) with better looking styling reworked interior nice luxury touch xenon lights. And big Infiniti price tags and badges. who would by one Lexus is truely a one of a kind brand other that the (ES,RX) where the name standsout and the cars are really a joy to be in. the IS is so nice and you want see a toyota version driving down the road I know that much. G35s are very fast and look alright but lexus stills looks a ton better
Old 06-16-06, 09:15 AM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusman1
G35 owners are just mad we all own a truely one of a kind lux/sport sedan that uses no cheaper than a 100% lexus chassis and body. The G35 is nice and all but, To be truthful the G35 is'nt nothing more than a nissan altima(sedan) and nissan350Z(coupe) with better looking styling reworked interior nice luxury touch xenon lights. And big Infiniti price tags and badges. who would by one Lexus is truely a one of a kind brand other that the (ES,RX) where the name standsout and the cars are really a joy to be in. the IS is so nice and you want see a toyota version driving down the road I know that much. G35s are very fast and look alright but lexus stills looks a ton better
So untrue.
Old 06-16-06, 09:24 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

To be truthful the G35 is'nt nothing more than a nissan altima(sedan) and nissan350Z(coupe) with better looking styling reworked interior nice luxury touch xenon lights. And big Infiniti price tags and badges.
could say the same about our car and the Toyota Camry....
Old 06-16-06, 09:46 AM
IS3FIDDY
Driver

You guys need to do your homework before making these arguments...the 298HP engine is paired with the 6MT--on BOTH coupe and sedan. They introduced it into the coupe first, but shortly thereafter included it into the sedan.

From Infiniti's site:

I love my IS350, and I would choose it any day of the week and twice on Sunday over the G, but I still have respect for Infiniti and what they're doing...they're going to bump the HP up above the current IS specs, I'm sure for '07...
Attached Thumbnails G35driver forum: owners seem a bit bitter about IS350-g35.jpg  
Old 06-16-06, 10:27 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Just because of the fact you called the g35 an altima shows that you dont know what you are talking about and your whole statement should therefore be viewed as invalid
Old 06-16-06, 11:17 AM
mort
Lead Lap

I have to agree with Hypnotik on this, as it is like comparing the Murano to the FX. Two entirely different platforms, including front wheel drive for the one and rear wheel drive for the other. I still prefer my IS350 over both of the G35’s but seriously considered the Infiniti after leaving an FX35 which I loved…just wanted to get into a sports sedan or coupe after several SUV’s or crossovers and fell in love with my Lexus.
Old 06-16-06, 12:36 PM
cliverman
Driver

Originally Posted by SuperLexy
You guys need to do your homework before making these arguments...the 298HP engine is paired with the 6MT--on BOTH coupe and sedan. They introduced it into the coupe first, but shortly thereafter included it into the sedan.

From Infiniti's site:

I love my IS350, and I would choose it any day of the week and twice on Sunday over the G, but I still have respect for Infiniti and what they're doing...they're going to bump the HP up above the current IS specs, I'm sure for '07...
Don't ask me to do my homework. I'm not argueing anything. . Where do you see a sedan with 298? They all look like N/A to me.

But thanks for the wonderful facts from Infiniti's website. I owned a '03 G35 Coupe for about six months. I know the site well.
Old 06-16-06, 01:08 PM
IS3FIDDY
Driver

Don't ask me to do my homework. I'm not argueing anything. . Where do you see a sedan with 298? They all look like N/A to me.

But thanks for the wonderful facts from Infiniti's website. I owned a '03 G35 Coupe for about six months. I know the site well.
Well, I said "you guys...". Sorry if you took that so personally, but your information is in fact not ture. In addition, there are others who are irresponsibly posting opinions about information they are assuming is factual.

Trust me, I love "shellacking" the competition just as much as the next guy, because I'm a proud owner of a beautiful new Lexus IS350, but we all have an obligation to speak facts and not just mere speculation (unless stated as such). Obviously, a few people in this thread agree with me...

Anyway, all you have to do is check Infiniti's website and/or call around to a few dealers. You can hop on edmunds.com or any one of 100's of websites for this information. Here's the pic again with the areas highlighted...
Attached Thumbnails G35driver forum: owners seem a bit bitter about IS350-g35.jpg  
Old 06-16-06, 01:48 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

2003-2004 G35 Sedan 6mt and auto had 260hp (the 6mt was underated)

2005+ G35 Sedan 6mt has 298 hp, the auto has 280hp same as the coupe.

www.edmunds.com
www.infiniti.com
www.g35driver.com
www.freshalloy.com

and so on, and my window sticker. lol.
Old 06-16-06, 04:24 PM
mort
Lead Lap

It was the 298HP that made me starting to consider the G35 sedan when I was car hunting. My knowledge was from both the Canadian Infiniti sight as well as dealer info.
Old 06-16-06, 08:00 PM
Belmont
Pole Position

I have to agree with Hypnotik on this, as it is like comparing the Murano to the FX. Two entirely different platforms
Actually, they aren't. The platforms are the same.

Whether you want to admit it or not, the G35 and the Altima are very closely related and share much of the same components.
Old 06-16-06, 09:12 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Wow dude. You are pretty cocky for someone who is totally wrong.

Quick Reply: G35driver forum: owners seem a bit bitter about IS350