IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07, 05:58 PM
neputiovas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a litle review of my install

Yep i did i myself it was easy just running the power cable from battery was kind of tricky i used wire hanger . I used hi inputs for the amp and tappet into ML subwoofer + and - also remote start wire taped into ML too that was it, o and hided all the wires right where the spare tire is!!!
Old 05-16-07, 11:55 PM
jmlaudio
Driver School Candidate

This layout was designed to appear completly stock not sacrifice trunk space and bring the audio to a higher level

Custom Fiberglass Subwoofer Enclosure

Custom Speaker adaptors

Before sound dampening and factory speakers

After sound dampening and aftermarket speakers in custom speaker adaptors

Crossover Mounting

Amplifier rack where factory spare was "very basic and not seen"

Show mode

Stealth Mode
Old 05-17-07, 12:24 AM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

pretty nice setup you got there.
Old 05-17-07, 12:35 AM
1022it
Pole Position

just pray that the stealership doesn't need to get into your doors for any reason... they will destroy that dynomat.

--ooh and you might want to re-route your RCA wires as far away as possible from your power wire. if you had a shop do the work. bring it to them and make them isolate the RCA's from the power wires. you get signal noise from the power wire being within about 4 inches from the RCA cable.

GREAT JOB relaying the remote turn-on! most people don't do this and wonder why nothing turns on anymore (after frying the switch in the head unit!)

Last edited by 1022it; 05-17-07 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-17-07, 06:40 AM
jmlaudio
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the compliments and 1022 nice pick up on the relay. As far as the signal and power goes they do come in from oppisite sides. They do come close for about 5 inches but it is a balanced signal system not an unbalanced RCA so it naturally rejects noise.
Old 05-17-07, 07:51 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow... that is a crazy setup...
Old 05-17-07, 09:14 AM
tubbyg35
Driver School Candidate

ok maybe some on can help me here in this post
i have an 04 gx470 with the mls sound system and navi and i want to pull outthe tape player and put in its place a pionner 5700cd its a 7'' touch screnn flip out can it be done and will the navi still work ?
Old 05-17-07, 09:15 AM
tubbyg35
Driver School Candidate

if anyone knows if this can be done and how hard is? also if it can be done then i will post picsup of the install and how it works please any info would be great
Old 05-17-07, 09:23 AM
mark5
Rookie

that box reminds me of the one from G35driver, member 4080box.
Old 05-17-07, 10:54 AM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mark5
that box reminds me of the one from G35driver, member 4080box.
same. i actually asked him like a year ago if he would do it for us, but i never got to talk back to him cuz non-cl vendor GBs arent allowed here..
Old 05-17-07, 12:21 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Just ordered my Alpine VPA-B222 Vehicle Hub and the Alpine 7" touchscreen with built-in Bluetooth and the iPod adapter and, eventually, the XM or Sirius adapter. Avoiding DVD like the plague since I'd definitely get in an accident if I install it.

Any hints on doing the install? I'm getting it done by a local shop but I want to be aware of any possible issues so I can avoid problems.
Old 05-17-07, 12:37 PM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmlaudio
Thanks for the compliments and 1022 nice pick up on the relay. As far as the signal and power goes they do come in from oppisite sides. They do come close for about 5 inches but it is a balanced signal system not an unbalanced RCA so it naturally rejects noise.
Where did you tap the balanced outputs from? Does that mean that you did not use JL Cleansweep or Audio Control's LC8?
Old 05-17-07, 12:56 PM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MrMark
I'm wondering where the vent is.....
I bet its the mouth, HAHAHAHAH
Old 05-17-07, 01:03 PM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

So - all of this is pretty much just setups for basses and such. What if I just want to upgrade my 13 stock speakers to better ones to get better quality sound? I don't really care about having the biggest baddest bass. But, I do care about having very high quality, crisp mid / high range speakers.

Any suggestions on an amp and speakers to use? If I could get a good price on it, would anyone recommend I buy someone else's ML system amp and speakers and put them in my car? Or, would you go completely after market? I'm also not looking to spend oogles of money on this. My priorities of where I want to spend my cash are elsewhere.

Also, where are the stock crossovers for the door speakers located? I'm assuming the stock amp is just a 4.1 channel amp and that the single channel to each door is then split among the 3 speakers by way of a crossover????

Lastly, if I could get a killer deal on a set of Focal K2P components... but could only get my hands on one pair (2 6.5" woofers and 2 tweeters for the front doors)... would you recommend doing it and leaving the rear doors stock? In this case, what should I use to replace the 4" mid n the front doors? And, what amp should I upgrade to?

Obvisouly I'm not very well versed on all this but I don't want to blindly take my car into a car audio shop and get taken for a ride.

Last edited by RamshakleZ; 05-17-07 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-17-07, 01:53 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RamshakleZ
So - all of this is pretty much just setups for basses and such. What if I just want to upgrade my 13 stock speakers to better ones to get better quality sound? I don't really care about having the biggest baddest bass. But, I do care about having very high quality, crisp mid / high range speakers.

Any suggestions on an amp and speakers to use? If I could get a good price on it, would anyone recommend I buy someone else's ML system amp and speakers and put them in my car? Or, would you go completely after market? I'm also not looking to spend oogles of money on this. My priorities of where I want to spend my cash are elsewhere.

Also, where are the stock crossovers for the door speakers located? I'm assuming the stock amp is just a 4.1 channel amp and that the single channel to each door is then split among the 3 speakers by way of a crossover????

Lastly, if I could get a killer deal on a set of Focal K2P components... but could only get my hands on one pair (2 6.5" woofers and 2 tweeters for the front doors)... would you recommend doing it and leaving the rear doors stock? In this case, what should I use to replace the 4" mid n the front doors? And, what amp should I upgrade to?

Obvisouly I'm not very well versed on all this but I don't want to blindly take my car into a car audio shop and get taken for a ride.
search for cmusic's post

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!