IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-09, 07:20 PM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil888
^^Agree with iSuxeL, thats a really clean and simple!!!
HMMM since everyone's going with JL's, im actually thinking about going with Audiobanh. Does anyone know if they have any good shops in the LA that are authorize retail shops for audiobanh.. I want someone to do a clean job but still come out sick!! LMK guys.. Thanks in advance

Take a deep breath man....
Audiobahn is no longer in business. Its going to be ok though. Try Craigslist!
Old 10-13-09, 08:44 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
Love your setup.
that's a Team Emotion car.. you know they always do **** the proper way!

The setup is looking good so far Harry !
Old 10-13-09, 11:47 PM
VF84
Pole Position

am i allowed to put something up from a different car?

Originally Posted by venZon
I was thinking of building a enclosure as DIY winter project. Any helpful forums/sites?
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/

there is a lot of information on there.. from simple builds to really.. really expensive stuff for crazy audiophiles.
Old 10-14-09, 08:09 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIA_LEX
lol... thats what i thought also.. oh well. Maybe i'll just stick with JL's.
Old 10-14-09, 09:11 AM
R6_Dude
Pole Position

Audiobanh wasn't all that great of a company IMO. They're components, including woofers, speakers, etc were barely ok....

Stick with JL or even Kickers or mix them up MB Quarts makes an awesome speaker/tweeter combo.
Old 10-14-09, 09:36 AM
venZon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VF84
am i allowed to put something up from a different car?

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/

there is a lot of information on there.. from simple builds to really.. really expensive stuff for crazy audiophiles.
thanks for the link
Old 10-14-09, 09:46 AM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by R6_Dude
Audiobanh wasn't all that great of a company IMO. They're components, including woofers, speakers, etc were barely ok....

Stick with JL or even Kickers or mix them up MB Quarts makes an awesome speaker/tweeter combo.

Your fully entitled to your own opinion, but I set car alarms off.
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!-audio.jpg  
Old 10-14-09, 10:26 AM
R6_Dude
Pole Position

^^^ I'm sure you do, at one point I was running audiobanh as well and they sure do THUMP! I was talking more about sound quality, crispiness, on point bass...
Old 10-14-09, 04:18 PM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

True true.. They are not the best but they get the job done ha. I got them for free so I cant complain!
Old 10-14-09, 04:20 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

True true.. They are not the best but they get the job done ha. I got them for free so I cant complain!
Wish I could get some mods for free, you're lucky
Old 10-15-09, 08:40 AM
soleeasii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by OH Nasty
damn, if you don't mind me asking how much did that run you? That's exactly like something I was looking to do.
Thanks guys... After my last car, I definitly wanted something clean and simple that would allow me to use some of my trunk. I'm still thinking off adding a monitor or 2 on the trunk lid, I just have decided if I'm going to show this car yet.....

Umm, as far as cost goes... I had a buddy of mine do it so it was fairly cheap but he told me that if he were to do the same thing "on the clock" it would probably run $1800 just materials and labor. He said the *****est part was rewiring the factory amp into the processsor!! But besides my trunk i got all my door speakers replaced too, so i don't know if thats included in the price.
Old 10-15-09, 09:10 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

What do you mean rewire the factory amp to the processor? I'm trying to just add a amp and sub to my setup cause I already have ML, could anyone tell me what that involves?
Old 10-15-09, 12:27 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

What do you mean rewire the factory amp to the processor? I'm trying to just add a amp and sub to my setup cause I already have ML, could anyone tell me what that involves?
its really really easy, you tap 2 wires, run a power cable from the battery to the amp, and a remote/on wire from a fuse to the amp. and the AMPs for our cars are in the trunk so the only long wires u really need are the turn-on wire and power wire. as long as ur comfortable with taking your interior apart a lil bit you'll be fine. its really easy to gut out our cars.

just installed two 12" subs and an amp myself a last weekend. I have a "entry level" setup since it was my very first time installing car audio. i will post pictures when i get home later

Last edited by xuningshen; 10-15-09 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-15-09, 03:59 PM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

I bought a High and Low converter tapped into the speaker wire that goes to the stock subwoofer and connected mine. Took me thirty minutes to install it. Amp requires Grounding Wire/Remote Wire/ AV Cables/Power Wire. Really easy to do! Have had the same set up for more than two years. Not one problem knock on wood....
Old 10-15-09, 04:04 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xuningshen
its really really easy, you tap 2 wires, run a power cable from the battery to the amp, and a remote/on wire from a fuse to the amp. and the AMPs for our cars are in the trunk so the only long wires u really need are the turn-on wire and power wire. as long as ur comfortable with taking your interior apart a lil bit you'll be fine. its really easy to gut out our cars.

just installed two 12" subs and an amp myself a last weekend. I have a "entry level" setup since it was my very first time installing car audio. i will post pictures when i get home later
it turned out clean. im bummed i couldnt stick around until i coud hear it really bump. but your install went 100x faster than mine did because we knew exactly what to do.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!