IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-07, 06:10 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Randh: That's like nice man... Good job!

Can you tell us more about your sub control? (the digital attn) Like how it was installed, how it is working out for you, cost, etc?
Old 01-28-07, 07:52 PM
Cleric
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Randh
JL 10w7 powered by a 500/1. The box is a JL high output enclosure that I modified and recarpeted to match the Lexus carpet.

I also added a digital attenuator to control the sub
Very nice! For a second is looked like a big Kleenex box! lol
Old 01-29-07, 12:34 AM
Jblaze2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Technique
Randh: That's like nice man... Good job!

Can you tell us more about your sub control? (the digital attn) Like how it was installed, how it is working out for you, cost, etc?
Thanks for the compliment.

Here is a link to the product: http://www.myradiostore.com/noise-fi...ie-da-rca.html
My friend who owns a shop installed it and gave it to me free but I believe he sells it for $40. The actual button thing is an almost flat stick-on that goes anywhere, and the "brain" you hide under the dash. The only bad part is that you have to run the RCA from the trunk to the brain, and then a second RCA back down to the trunk.

I adjusted the bass a few times today for different songs (and through some residental areas) and it worked GREAT! It takes about 5-8 seconds to go from no bass to all the way up.

Last edited by Jblaze2; 01-29-07 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-30-07, 08:33 AM
illmike
Lead Lap

heres my setup....two 7" LCD's fiberglassed where the sunvisors are (angled, so you can just lay back and watch it)...black suede the whole top half of my car (used to be grey cloth)...custom fiberglass sub boxes on each side of the trunk (wraped in black suede also)...runing two rockford p3's 12", and rockford amp =)
Old 01-30-07, 08:40 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by illmike
heres my setup....two 7" LCD's fiberglassed where the sunvisors are (angled, so you can just lay back and watch it)...black suede the whole top half of my car (used to be grey cloth)...custom fiberglass sub boxes on each side of the trunk (wraped in black suede also)...runing two rockford p3's 12", and rockford amp =)
got any pics?
Old 01-30-07, 03:24 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to those who DIY install, where did you run the power wire?
also does anyone know if a redtop battery will work in an IS
Old 01-30-07, 04:31 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mike.IS350
yea, custom fiberglass with matching carpet. it was at night when i took them, ill try to update soon. it was $1900 for all.
Can you tell me where you had this setup done? Thanks.
Old 03-04-07, 06:53 AM
is_elf
Driver

Wow, all the systems posted to the site look really hot. Almost makes me not want to post mine. But I like mine and it sounds good, let me know what you all think of it.
I am running 2 Memphis 15-M1104D their power source is a Memphis 16-MCD1000D, in the doors I have Eclipse SC8365 run off a Memphis 16-MCA5004.
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!-img_0380.jpg  
Old 03-04-07, 09:42 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

This is slightly off topic, but for those of you with ML, when you turn the DSP on (Surround on) Does your bass get like 10X louder? Mine does... I'm wondering why that happens...

Also, quick poll, do you guys listen to regular music (cds, mp3s, radio) with the dsp on or off? (i.e. - Surround on or off)
Old 03-04-07, 09:49 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Default My setup...

I am embarrassed as well to post my setup, but I figure I might as well :-) You can see more pics at my website (in my signature) if you want... It's just a single 10W6V2 in the JL pre-built enclosure powered by a 250/1 amp... I went for maximum stealth install with the ability to remove everything with minimal hassle when I sell the car in a few years... The stock subwoofer was removed... See my website for those pics...

What you see when you open the trunk:

A low-view picture to show how the amp is mounted to a small carpeted amp rack under the rear deck:

Here's a picture of the fuse at the battery, sort of ghetto looking IMHO but the installers said that it's very "secure" and by not drilling it will leave the car stock when the system comes out... whatever... :

Old 03-04-07, 09:58 AM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

why would you be embarrassed? as long as it sounds clean and the install is not a spider web of wires who cares.......
Old 03-04-07, 12:10 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kilo6_one
why would you be embarrassed? as long as it sounds clean and the install is not a spider web of wires who cares.......
lol, just because so many of the other installs here are totally pimp But ya, you're right...
Old 03-04-07, 09:56 PM
juin21
Driver School Candidate

Hate to be a burden but where are you guys running your wires. Where do you attach the remote wire to the back? How do you get through the firewall to run your wire from the battery to the back of the trunk? How did you remove the rear sub wires? I took a look back today and it didn't look easy to me to get to the sub...Thanks. Hey Tech, your look is fine for those that don't have the money...mines going to look just like that except a 12' MOMO(got it cheap) and Punch amp...
Old 03-04-07, 10:18 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

you have to remove the battery, behind there is a grommet with a bunch of wires going through, next to that is a unused capped opening, clip the opening and you should be able to run 8 guage no problem, that is what i did. as for the remote wire etc. i could not figure that out, it seems the power was always on, so i just installed a kill switch and can turn off my subs when ever.
Old 03-05-07, 05:52 AM
is_elf
Driver

I wish I had the aswer for you...I had a shop do mine and they took my factory sub out...I now have it sitting in my garage.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Sound System Owners Post Your Setup!