IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Should I trade my IS250 in for a IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-06, 07:54 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I trade my IS250 in for a IS350?

I didn't think it would enter into my mind, but here I am, wondering if I should have gone for the IS350. My car only has a little over a thousand miles on the odometer, too. I'm extremely happy with my IS250. I just want to make sure I'm having my money each month go toward the right car. When I took delivery of the IS250, I thought I was sure. But now...

What do you think?
Old 06-17-06, 08:02 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

since you're extremely happy with the car then i'd keep it rather than losing thousands on the trade-in.
Old 06-17-06, 08:11 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Reyngel
I didn't think it would enter into my mind, but here I am, wondering if I should have gone for the IS350. My car only has a little over a thousand miles on the odometer, too. I'm extremely happy with my IS250. I just want to make sure I'm having my money each month go toward the right car. When I took delivery of the IS250, I thought I was sure. But now...

What do you think?
You say that you are extremely happy with your IS250 which is a very very nice car.
But I do not understand your second sentence. If you are extremely happy with your car, then your money IS going towards the right car.

Or is there something that you do not like about the IS250?
Old 06-17-06, 08:14 PM
paeko73
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Reyngel

What do you think?
Trade it in for a loaded Toyota Yaris "S". That one is nice (and save gas) too.
Old 06-17-06, 08:19 PM
lscld
Driver School Candidate

If you really think you need the extra power and have the extra money to spend on the 350 go right ahead. It's you call. As for me, If I could afford the 350, I'd be all over it. Sadly, I can't.
Old 06-17-06, 08:31 PM
Soda
Pole Position

If you want a car w/a ton of *****, get the 350!! Today someone just traded in a 06 Tacoma little one w/ 486 miles for the bigger D cab prerunner! haha People do it all the time! Be prepared to take a pretty good loss though! Did you lease or purchase??
Old 06-17-06, 08:42 PM
korean32
Driver School Candidate

I have had the same dilemma. I thought the 250 would be fine since Guam is such
a small island. I now wish I had the extra power. Too late now, as interest rates have
pushed the financing on new car out of reach.
Old 06-17-06, 09:28 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Well I cant blame you.

I almost traded my 350 in, just to get another 350 with NAV/ML...

But I decided not to (even though i think about it all the time)...

Point being:

Next time, I will spend the extra cash on my original purchase and get the stuff I want, rather then saying to my self, "ahh i'll just upgrade it later." Because upgrades dont fit well with this type of car, and it is harder to upgraded the radio system, I initially thought it would be a non-issue, but problems have arised.

But like always, some people will find a way to do it (and have already)...

You want more power? Weigh the cost of how much it will cost you to get the 250 up to 350 standards? If it will cost the same amount as just buying the 350, that would prob make sense. Plus once you will have the 350, you can move horse-power up from there

If you are going to sell it, sell it now, before the 07 comes out
Old 06-18-06, 12:12 AM
kloh7
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes! Only 1000 miles and you're thinking about trading already? Whats wrong? Only thing I could think of doing such a thing would be if you wanted a bit more power but you'd be losing a lot on the trade in.
Old 06-18-06, 06:35 AM
WhoDat
Pole Position

Yea, A guy here in San Antono wanted to trade his in for a 350...however he went about it the wrong way by trying to say that the 250 had issues and wanted to get another one (350)...the dealership was hip to his game...I dont think he got what he wanted....Kid was like 22 yrs.....I even asked him as I was waiting for my car to be washed if he felt the 250 had enough speed for him and he said hell no.....Then I asked what other 250 on the lot he was looking at if they replaced his current car.....he said he wasnt, he wanted the 350.

Seems to me he most likley could have worked something out with them if he had come clean from the start instead of making up engine troubles etc... by the wy he had 300 miles on the car...
Old 06-18-06, 06:44 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

^sounds spoiled
Old 06-18-06, 06:46 AM
WhoDat
Pole Position

I could tell he was......
Old 06-18-06, 08:25 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by t0e
Well I cant blame you.

I almost traded my 350 in, just to get another 350 with NAV/ML...

But I decided not to (even though i think about it all the time)...

Point being:

Next time, I will spend the extra cash on my original purchase and get the stuff I want, rather then saying to my self, "ahh i'll just upgrade it later." Because upgrades dont fit well with this type of car, and it is harder to upgraded the radio system, I initially thought it would be a non-issue, but problems have arised.

)
I am with you on this t0e. My IS was one of the very first that hit the west coast. I just bought whatever it was avaliable on the market at that time and now seeing how nice NAVI and ML package is, I just want to trade my car in but I am gong to lose a lot of money.
Old 06-18-06, 08:30 AM
WhoDat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by STIG
I am with you on this t0e. My IS was one of the very first that hit the west coast. I just bought whatever it was avaliable on the market at that time and now seeing how nice NAVI and ML package is, I just want to trade my car in but I am gong to lose a lot of money.
How much would be lost on a trade in?
Old 06-18-06, 05:27 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WhoDat
How much would be lost on a trade in?
You will only be able to trade it in at invoice price if it's still in showroom condition, but with miles on it, it would be significantly less.

The best way to sell it and still make some money off of it would be to sell it to a Private Buyer. Someone should be willing to pay for it above invoice, at the right place and time. Reyngel, if you want to do it, do it soon while demand is high and supply is low and the 2007s are not out yet...

Quick Reply: Should I trade my IS250 in for a IS350?