IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

NAV Override Menu - Always the same mod?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-06, 11:02 AM
gmeardi
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question NAV Override Menu - Always the same mod?

Hi, I've finally received my new and wondeful IS 220d Lux + MMedia Pack! It's REALLY AN EXCEPTIONAL CAR. Soon photos and further comments...

In the meantime... while I had no problems in disabling the seatbelts beeps, I couldn't have the NAV service menu with the 'famous' override button as by the attacched mod below.
I tried with the engine switched on and off, many times, but I couldn't have the service menu to appear.

Does anybody know if there are any differences with different nav firmwares or car versions? (IS 220d for Europe/Italy). Many thanks for any help.
Gianluca

(...) This mod won't let u access the destination menu: for that there's a way to override without cutting anything. I borrow this from another thread:
Press Menu
Press Volume
Press the Top Left Corner
Press the Bottom Left Corner (there is nothing there)
Press the Top Left Corner
Press the Bottom Left Corner
A new menu screen will come up
Press and hold Override for 5 seconds or until you hear a beep
You will need to do this again after turn off the engine the next time u need to override again.
Old 06-18-06, 12:48 PM
rys
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try accessing the service menu using the other method:

Hold down the "DISP" (Display) button, then turn the parking lights on and off 5 or 6 times. (Keep trying until the service menu displays). The DISP button should be held down while flashing the parking lights, until the service menu appears.

You can also hold the INFO button, or Climate buttons to do this, INFO supposedly brings up a different menu.

-Brian
Old 06-18-06, 03:57 PM
gmeardi
Rookie

Originally Posted by rys
Hold down the "DISP" (Display) button, then turn the parking lights on and off 5 or 6 times. (Keep trying until the service menu displays). The DISP button should be held down while flashing the parking lights, until the service menu appears.
You can also hold the INFO button, or Climate buttons to do this, INFO supposedly brings up a different menu.
-Brian
Thanks Brian, I'll try tomorrow morning!
Old 06-18-06, 04:10 PM
muzzman1
Driver

Originally Posted by rys
Try accessing the service menu using the other method:

-Brian
This service menu listed here will NOT provide you the NAV override you might be looking for.
Old 06-18-06, 04:35 PM
gmeardi
Rookie

Originally Posted by muzzman1
This service menu listed here will NOT provide you the NAV override you might be looking for.
Thanks muzzman, but... did you test the override sequence that I reported in the first mail? And did it work without problems?
Old 06-18-06, 09:28 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gmeardi
Thanks muzzman, but... did you test the override sequence that I reported in the first mail? And did it work without problems?
That's the way I do it and it works everytime. I'm wondering if the cars in Europe are different??? are you taking your time pressing the corners of the screen and are you pressing it hard enough?
Old 06-18-06, 11:57 PM
muzzman1
Driver

Originally Posted by gmeardi

The description above is exactly how I access my NAV override. I do it pretty quick, because I do it quite often. as above says, menu,vol, left upper,lower, upper etc....in a fast successtion until the override sub-menu shows up.