IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

350 IS Forced Induction

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-06, 09:30 AM
4N Affairs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 IS Forced Induction

I would like to introduce myself as new to this Forum. I own an auto performance shop in Portland, Oregon (21 years now) and love building "sleepers".

I am quite interested in buying a new 350 IS, but before doing so I will have to wait until a forced induction system becomes available as I can't see going backwards when it come to accelleration Vs. my current ride. My current car is 330 horsepower (275 at the tires) but front wheel drive which as you might guess makes it difficult to transfer that power effectively from a stop. My current car is also quite a bit lighter than the 350 IS, and in a couple accelleration contests Vs. an automatic 350 IS (mine is auto as well, mine walked then ran from it.

My car is a 2001 (not a Lexus) and I am ready for a change and think the new 350 IS is beautiful, and not bad, but like I said, I need another 100 or so HP. Does anyone know of a company offering a forced induction system for the 350 IS?
Old 06-22-06, 09:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Welcome to ClubLexus!

If you haven't tried it, I suggest you use the advanced search feature of our forum.

Point at the 2nd Gen IS forum and search for keywords 'forced induction' 'tubo' and 'supercharger'. You'll find a number of threads discussing this topic.

Instant answers, no waiting

Fore example
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...rced+induction

You might also want to search for 'blitz' who has a supercharger prototype out

www.blitz.co.jp

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-22-06 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-22-06, 09:34 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

whats with all the secracy and your last car? was it a yugo?
Old 06-22-06, 09:34 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4N Affairs
I would like to introduce myself as new to this Forum. I own an auto performance shop in Portland, Oregon (21 years now) and love building "sleepers".

I am quite interested in buying a new 350 IS, but before doing so I will have to wait until a forced induction system becomes available as I can't see going backwards when it come to accelleration Vs. my current ride. My current car is 330 horsepower (275 at the tires) but front wheel drive which as you might guess makes it difficult to transfer that power effectively from a stop. My current car is also quite a bit lighter than the 350 IS, and in a couple accelleration contests Vs. an automatic 350 IS (mine is auto as well, mine walked then ran from it.

My car is a 2001 (not a Lexus) and I am ready for a change and think the new 350 IS is beautiful, and not bad, but like I said, I need another 100 or so HP. Does anyone know of a company offering a forced induction system for the 350 IS?
BLITZ = +93 hp and + 84 lbs torque. Not sure if it's on the market yet. But that the number that Blitz test on the is350.
Old 06-22-06, 09:36 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

What's your current ride??
Old 06-22-06, 09:47 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by t.is350.h
BLITZ = +93 hp and + 84 lbs torque. Not sure if it's on the market yet. But that the number that Blitz test on the is350.
not on the market and USD is looking to be closer to the 10k range than the 5k range :-\

stupid toyota and their fancy engines
Old 06-22-06, 09:48 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uschardcor
LOLLLLLLLL That was funny, but OFFENSIVE, I actually owned a 1986 Yugo GV..
$3,995 MSRP.. lol That thing was such a POS, it lasted me about 25k miles, and
I took care of it on top of it... This was my first car, my uncle gave it to me when i was just turning 16 in 1989...
Old 06-22-06, 10:23 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

LMS has a procharger kit installed on one of the member's IS350. I believe he is going to dyno soon.
Old 06-22-06, 02:27 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by uschardcor
I was wondering the same about the secracy... I found myself thinking as I read his post "ok, NOW he's gonna tell us what his car is... no, ok, after THIS sentance he's gonna tell us what his car is... Again no. Then when I saw him post the year of his vehicle, I thought for SURE he's gonna follow it up with the make and model, but no such luck.
Old 06-22-06, 02:29 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My vote is on a Jetta/GTI
Old 06-22-06, 02:34 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

I 100% re-confirmed with Blitz USA a few days ago.... But I already knew a couple of months ago..

The one off Blitz Super Charger Kit will NOT be released for the 2nd Gen IS350..

It is waaaaaay too expensive to release to the US market.

On top of that..
None of their Engineers or R&D Technicians are based out of US..
They are all based in Japan.
It would be very difficult to install one of these and have NO US Tech support.
Plus, it was a real b***h to get that kit completely installed and working in such a tight space.

The kit may hit the JP market, but that in itself is still most likely not going to happen either.

Joe Z

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
You might also want to search for 'blitz' who has a supercharger prototype out

www.blitz.co.jp

Last edited by Joe Z; 06-22-06 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-22-06, 04:22 PM
4N Affairs
Driver School Candidate

Default 350 IS Forced Induction

My current car is a Toyota Solara. I built it just to humiliate the 1st gen Lexus IS, Mustang GT's and so many others which is way too easy anymore, unless and of course someone has added forced induction which in my neck of the woods is quite rare. It is fairly light, and without the emblems looks similar to the Lexus SC cars. But as I mentioned, the FWD platform is way overpowered now.

It handles well, with lower suspension, Whiteline bars, Racing Hart wheels, Advan Neova tires etc. Compression was lowered, heads flowed, etc, headers, 3" exhaust, return style fuel system with big lines and pump, TRD S/C with 8 psi pulley, too much to list.

I haven't hung a bunch of plastic parts on it, just shaved emblems, looks quite sedate. Cops here will pull cars over just for aftermarket tail lights. So best not to attract attention. Plus, as I said, I like sleepers.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction regarding forced induction.
Old 06-22-06, 06:01 PM
GOBUCS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=4N Affairs]My current car is a Toyota Solara.
Now I know why you were so secretive. You could be pretty stealthy in that car I suppose. A few of the nearly stock IS350's on this forum have apprx. 265hp at the rear wheels, so I'm a little suprised your car, with 275fwhp, "ran away" from the 350.

Do you have any 1/4 mile runs in the Stealthy S/C'd Solara? Any Pics?
Old 06-22-06, 07:12 PM
oneeyejack
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4N Affairs
My current car is a Toyota Solara. I built it just to humiliate the 1st gen Lexus IS, Mustang GT's and so many others which is way too easy anymore, unless and of course someone has added forced induction which in my neck of the woods is quite rare. It is fairly light, and without the emblems looks similar to the Lexus SC cars. But as I mentioned, the FWD platform is way overpowered now.

It handles well, with lower suspension, Whiteline bars, Racing Hart wheels, Advan Neova tires etc. Compression was lowered, heads flowed, etc, headers, 3" exhaust, return style fuel system with big lines and pump, TRD S/C with 8 psi pulley, too much to list.

I haven't hung a bunch of plastic parts on it, just shaved emblems, looks quite sedate. Cops here will pull cars over just for aftermarket tail lights. So best not to attract attention. Plus, as I said, I like sleepers.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction regarding forced induction.
there are PLENTY of 1st gen IS's that would take your car out.
Old 06-22-06, 07:20 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Sorry, but a Solara looks nothing like an SC except for the fact that they both have two doors.

Quick Reply: 350 IS Forced Induction