IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Another New Member

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-06, 05:54 PM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another New Member

Hello all, this is my first post here. My wife and I bought our new IS250 yesterday. It’s really her car but she’s not much for internet forums.

We love the car, but I have a question right off the bat: When I set the climate Auto button the fan goes to high and seems to stay there. Shouldn’t it back off to a slower speed once the pre-set temperature is reached?
Old 06-25-06, 05:58 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the Club!

You know what, I find that the Auto setting for the AC is on the stronger side. I usually have to lower the fan speed after a couple of minutes. I think it takes into consideration outside temperature, not cabin temperature, so it may stay on a higher setting. This is only a guess though...
Old 06-25-06, 06:15 PM
IS-Jim
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi and grats on the new IS! Post some pics when you can!!

I usually just raise the temp until the fan slows down. It usually slows the fan down 1 or 2 notches before it will actually changed the cold air temp or direction of flow..
Old 06-25-06, 06:18 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS-Jim
Hi and grats on the new IS! Post some pics when you can!!

I usually just raise the temp until the fan slows down. It usually slows the fan down 1 or 2 nothches before it will actually changed the cold air temp or direction of flow..
That is what I do as well, simply raise the temp a couple degrees until it gets comfortable
Old 06-25-06, 06:20 PM
Magellan
Lead Lap

You may be right. The salesman, when he got to the Auto button during our in-car orientation said, "It always goes to high on Auto" and then he quickly showed us how to lower the fan speed manually on another screen.

I'll post some pics as soon as I see the car again. My wife has been out all day with it showing off to her friends.

Last edited by Magellan; 06-25-06 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-26-06, 01:15 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Magellan
Hello all, this is my first post here. My wife and I bought our new IS250 yesterday. It’s really her car but she’s not much for internet forums.

We love the car, but I have a question right off the bat: When I set the climate Auto button the fan goes to high and seems to stay there. Shouldn’t it back off to a slower speed once the pre-set temperature is reached?
Yes it should, but maybe you have it set to a really low temperature?? If not, then just adjust the temperature buttons manually.
Old 06-26-06, 01:17 AM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Welcome.

To answer your question, if the temperature setting is on LOW, then the fan will blow at full-power without adjusting. But if it's at 65 degrees or more, it will adjust based on the temperature of the cabin. It took me a while to figure that out.
Old 06-26-06, 01:33 AM
SportyStar
Driver

Originally Posted by Magellan
Hello Magellan, welcome to CL! I'm sure you and your wife will enjoy your new IS (as much as I do mine!) Are you in Nor Cal, by chance? It's been HOT these past few days... over 100 degrees where I live. Happy to say that the IS A/C system has been keepin' me cool ... when I turn on mine, I routinely press one of the lower fan settings, or else I know it'll be blowing too strong for my preference.

Congrats!
Old 06-26-06, 07:15 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

If the fan speed still remains high after doing the suggestions above, maybe its because you have it on dual mode>auto>temp on one side is low, eventhough you keep increasing temp on the other side. This happened to me when I first got my Mercedes. I kept screwing with the temp settings with no success. It didn't dawn on me I had it set up to dual control. When I got my IS, that was the first thing I made sure of to adjust properly.
Old 06-26-06, 08:03 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SportyStar
Hello Magellan, welcome to CL! I'm sure you and your wife will enjoy your new IS (as much as I do mine!) Are you in Nor Cal, by chance? It's been HOT these past few days... over 100 degrees where I live. Happy to say that the IS A/C system has been keepin' me cool ... when I turn on mine, I routinely press one of the lower fan settings, or else I know it'll be blowing too strong for my preference.

Congrats!
We live in Southern California, in Northridge. It's supposed to reach 104 today there, but we're used to it.

Yes, we mistakenly set the temperature at LOW, which I'll correct ASAP. I'm really going to enjoy this forum.
Old 06-26-06, 08:18 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There goes the neighborhood.

J/K. Nice to have you aboard, Magellan.
Old 06-26-06, 09:59 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by al503
There goes the neighborhood.

J/K. Nice to have you aboard, Magellan.
Thanks. It's nice to see a friendly face from the FA forum.