IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Start Button: Any way to go from AC-ON back to OFF without going to IG-ON first?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-06, 10:14 PM
IS3FIDDY
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Start Button: Any way to go from AC-ON back to OFF without going to IG-ON first?

Maybe this is in the owner's manual, but I couldn't find it. Is there a way to go from AC-ON (1st button press) directly back to OFF without going through the IG-ON cycle?

I don't like having to go through all those checks, especially when sometimes all I want to do is listen to my radio for a bit...somewhere in the back of my mind I feel like it's wasting the electronics to keep going through those processes (including the steering wheel) when 2 seconds later I just turn it off.

It's actually a little annoying...anyone?

Hook a brutha up...
Old 06-26-06, 11:24 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the IS, not that I know of. You'll have to cycle.
Old 06-27-06, 12:48 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i wish there was a way to go from ig-on to acc-on. i hate having to hold my calls cuz i gotta shut the car off or keep the car running cuz i wanna listen to the rest of a song.
Old 06-27-06, 07:00 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Disconnect the battery?

Honestly, I think you have to go through the cycle.
Old 06-27-06, 07:24 AM
AgBlue
Pole Position

I'm confused. So the pattern is Off -> IG-ON -> AC-ON -> Off. That's if you don't hit the brakes at all correct? I thought when you said IG-ON it meant engine start.

Also, when I have the engine on, and am on the phone.. I just put it in neutral, hit the start button, it it goes into AC-ON mode. There was a debate about whether this was good or not for the engine. Other times, I tell them to hold, and turn the car completely off, and then back to AC-ON. The bluetooth will pick back up and isn't enough time to completely drop the call.
Old 06-27-06, 07:26 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperLexy
It's actually a little annoying...anyone?
I wonder what a car owner of 100 years ago - you know - one that had to get out of the car and physically turn a hand crank under the radiator to get the motor running, would make of SuperLexy's complaint?
Old 06-27-06, 07:29 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by AgBlue
Other times, I tell them to hold, and turn the car completely off, and then back to AC-ON. The bluetooth will pick back up and isn't enough time to completely drop the call.
Why are you still using the handsfree system when you've arrived at your destination? I just open the handset, press transfer, turn off the car, and continue my call as I walk away from the car.
Old 06-27-06, 11:15 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AgBlue
I'm confused. So the pattern is Off -> IG-ON -> AC-ON -> Off. That's if you don't hit the brakes at all correct? I thought when you said IG-ON it meant engine start.

Also, when I have the engine on, and am on the phone.. I just put it in neutral, hit the start button, it it goes into AC-ON mode. There was a debate about whether this was good or not for the engine. Other times, I tell them to hold, and turn the car completely off, and then back to AC-ON. The bluetooth will pick back up and isn't enough time to completely drop the call.
i've heard about the putting it into neutral tricks... but what about on the manuals?
Old 06-27-06, 02:04 PM
IS3FIDDY
Driver

Originally Posted by Bichon
I wonder what a car owner of 100 years ago - you know - one that had to get out of the car and physically turn a hand crank under the radiator to get the motor running, would make of SuperLexy's complaint?
Haha...good one, Bichon...but I'm in the good ol' U.S. of A, where the mark of how "far" you've evolved rests in how comfy your Lazyboy is...

I know it's not a big deal, but hey, this a forum for these kinds of useless questions anyway, so...

Anyone else have any bright ideas?
Old 06-27-06, 02:47 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperLexy
I know it's not a big deal, but hey, this a forum for these kinds of useless questions anyway, so...
Not really....

Besides, you are stuck with pressing the button twice. Live with it. I just press it fast, it doesn't even sweep the gauges.
Old 06-27-06, 02:57 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pocky
Not really....

Besides, you are stuck with pressing the button twice. Live with it. I just press it fast, it doesn't even sweep the gauges.
Yeah, same here.
Old 06-27-06, 07:48 PM
AgBlue
Pole Position

Why are you still using the handsfree system when you've arrived at your destination? I just open the handset, press transfer, turn off the car, and continue my call as I walk away from the car.
Often I just park and just don't quite feel like leaving yet. And it is obviously one of the best seats in the house.

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
i've heard about the putting it into neutral tricks... but what about on the manuals?
Hmm didn't think about that, haha. Tough luck??
Old 06-27-06, 10:59 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

whoa.. you guys have a way to go from "ON" to "ACC" without turning off? Damn it!
Old 06-28-06, 08:48 AM
rys
Pole Position

I usually shut the car off in "reverse" then switch into park after. So long as the speed is "0" and you are not in "P"(ark), the engine will stop and the electronics will stay in ACC mode when you press the start/stop button.

-Brian
Old 06-28-06, 01:32 PM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

Didn't know to do this Thanks BICHON! I was turning the bluetooth off on my phone this whole time.