IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Trading in a leased car early, is not a good idea, right?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-06, 12:41 PM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sorry but i disagree, partially

Originally Posted by ff_
Never, ever deal with your car salesman based on the car payment. Ever. I promise you that you're going to get hosed on the deal going that route. That's one of the oldest "rape the customer" tricks in the book.

Always deal based on price(s) alone. Know what you're going to be paying for the new car, and know what you're being given for your trade. And do your homework before you ever set foot in the dealership.
i've always dealt with monthly payment and have always done really well. in my experience, they end up dropping the price of the car as we go. of course, like you say, do your homework so you KNOW when you're getting hosed, but some good bargaining and holding to a LEASE price you are willing to pay - and not taking the first number they give you works just fine, in my experience. i've never bought a car so working it from a price angle obviously works better in that case. anyway, mabye i just drive a hard bargain too!
Old 06-30-06, 01:22 PM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you deal based on monthly payment, how do you know what price your paying, and what they're giving you for your trade-in? They're just throwing out monthly payments without consideration for the interest rate, or term length. Dealing based on price also gives them an easy method of screwing you into giving them more for the downpayment than you realize. Just a bad situation for the consumer, and they know this. Which is why it's a very common tactic used by the less honest salespersons.

Never, ever deal based on monthly payment.