IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Can't stop thinking about it

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-06, 07:35 PM
MattyL147
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't stop thinking about it

I have been drooling over the 2IS and am hopefully going to be getting one within the next few weeks. My ideal is Crystal White/BLK...No navi or ML, can't afford it. But just love the car anyways. I can't wait to get out of my Mazda6 and into the 250. Sorry for the pointless post, but I just had to share my excitement with the rest.
Old 06-28-06, 08:22 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the Club!

The excitement is understandable: the car has been out for 9 months already and there is still sooo much heat with it! You'll find valuable information on this Forum that will provide you with a lot of answers, including how much you can get the car for.

Use the "Search" button for all of your questions. I hope you find your car real soon!
Old 06-28-06, 09:17 PM
Ericm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MattyL147
I have been drooling over the 2IS and am hopefully going to be getting one within the next few weeks. My ideal is Crystal White/BLK...No navi or ML, can't afford it. But just love the car anyways. I can't wait to get out of my Mazda6 and into the 250. Sorry for the pointless post, but I just had to share my excitement with the rest.
I know what you mean. I couldn’t stop thinking about it either. I just got my IS250 White on Black last Thursday. Traded in my 03’ Accord for it. I don't miss the Honda!!!! The Lexus IS250 is an amazing driving machine. I know the dealer where I got mine has another in stock. Call Kearny Mesa Lexus. Talk to Marsi Fife. She will take care of you. She is the Fleet Manager.
Eric

Last edited by Ericm; 06-30-06 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 06-29-06, 12:16 AM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

i feel the same. you should go into a dealership and pick up their schwag on the IS, it will really get you going. and if they still had their "thenewis.com" website up, that would be cool too. cool music too, wish i coulda grabbed it and made an mp3 to listen while i drive. good luck.
Old 06-29-06, 12:51 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat. It took me a while to decide on exactly which car I wanted, but once I decided on the IS350, I decided I should wait for the 07 models to hit, which I think is September. I thought I would do some more research on my purchase and cars in general, to tide me over, but it's just making the wait more and more unbearable...
Old 06-29-06, 04:36 AM
tragic22
Rookie

I know how you feel. I've done all my research, I've got my money ready and I've already went to the dealer and worked off $3000 of MSRP on an IS 250 AWD w/ nav but unfortunately I cant even buy my car yet. Because I'm under 25 and living in NYC insurance rates would be horrible if I put the car in my name so I'm going to have my mother put it in hers (wayyy cheaper). Unfortunately having a new car in her name wouldn't be the best thing considering she's trying to purchase a house.

So right now I'm just waiting... and waiting... and waiting...
and its killing me!
Old 06-29-06, 06:48 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Get the ML!!! Also, the dash looks so plain and plasticy without the Nav..
Old 06-29-06, 06:55 AM
markyboy
Rookie

I ordered my 350 Crystal white on black Lux with Nav/ML on May 11.
It is killin me to wait. I have to do deliveries for my business and I currently drive a 1997 altima. When you know you are getting a new car the old one just won't do anymore. I have to wait about 3 more weeks.
Old 06-29-06, 07:06 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 268 Likes on 238 Posts

I have been drooling over the 2IS and am hopefully going to be getting one within the next few weeks.
If you think it's bad now, just wait until you sign the paperwork. I've bought plenty of new cars in nearly 30 years of car ownership and thought getting the IS was no big deal, but discovered I couldn't sleep the night before the car was delivered.
Old 06-29-06, 09:02 AM
SolaraToIS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bichon
If you think it's bad now, just wait until you sign the paperwork. I've bought plenty of new cars in nearly 30 years of car ownership and thought getting the IS was no big deal, but discovered I couldn't sleep the night before the car was delivered.
I am discovering this. I have bought a new car every three years for the last 25 years and never
had a one of them get in my head as much as this IS350. I placed a special order for a
2007 IS350 with most options and have already discovered the wait will to be cruel.
I keep reminding myself it will be worth it to get an 07 just the way I want it.
Old 06-29-06, 10:11 AM
johnc
Driver School Candidate

I feel the same way, except I'm looking at used models. I really want a 6MT but they are pretty much non-existent on the lots and I don't want to special order. I did find one but it seems a bit expensive for a used model.
Old 06-29-06, 11:00 AM
LeXusIS714
Driver

GET THE ML,, it will only bring your monthly paypent up to 20-30 more. I regret not getting the ML
Old 06-29-06, 11:21 AM
shoei
Driver

I'm with you on this one. I have an old IS300 and I want to switch out to a IS350 sports w/ML, but I have to wait to get my finances up before I can make the jump. I'm shooting for 1st quarter 07 to make my move so my wait will be alot longer than you! I could opt for the 250 sports w/ ML, but I want more HP. Shame on me for being a greedy American.
Old 06-29-06, 12:09 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

youre gonna turn into gollum from lord of the rings be careful
Old 06-29-06, 03:02 PM
johnc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
youre gonna turn into gollum from lord of the rings be careful
...preesciousss....