IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HID lights IS 250???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-06, 09:36 PM
bobbyt01nc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID lights IS 250???

My situation...traded in my wifes 04 acura tl through a Acura dealership here in north fla. the dealership is part of a network that includes J &n M Lexus...the #1 lexus dealer in the country in south fla. i was able to negotiate my trade in and purchase through the internet guy. Now he sells for Acura but can sell any brand through the network. He just goes through the fleet mgr to buy from a non acura dealer within their own network and can have the car shipped to hi. can someone please verify what package that the HID lights come with on a 06 IS 250 rwd (i pre ordered a smoky granite/tan with navigation and premium pkg.) I have an email from the dealer (and phone conversation )in which i emailed my request to verify that it comes with XM radio and HID lights. although when i questioned him about the xm. it turned out to be an option...this was verified through building my own lexus as well. No problem, but he said that any model with the premium pkg included the hid lights. Well, I just took delivery on my brand new is 250, nav, prem pkg that does not have the HID lights (and memory seating). this is actually making me mad as i have 43 miles on that car. i at least had the option to install the xm radio for $800 before hand but chose not to. I never pursued anything else in conversation about the hid lights based on an earlier email and not noticing anything else that pointed that out otherwise.

any other thoughts? did I miss something b/c of nature of my purchase and I'm screwed or do i have a legitimate gripe to the dealer and should expect something from it

thanks
from internet sales guy at local dealer after i sent him my questions...
"To answer your question about the equipment the Navi System Includes the Blue Tooth Wireless Phone System and the XM Radio and all Models with Premium Package have the Bi-HID Adaptive Headlamps and as far as the Cargo Mat it's 69.00 Dollars and the Wheel Locks or $66.00 which those two options aren't standard with any package from Lexus but we can have them Installed for those amounts above and yes when you let me know if where ok with the figures I'll be glad to see when they will have a Granite, Smokey with Cashmere Leather Interior available. So please let me know if we have a deal because if we dont agree to figure it's not going to matter if I can get you that color or not, so please let me know if you agree to a $1500.00 Discount of the MSRP".

fyi.... even after this email I received another $700 toward my trade in which made it a hard deal to pass up with the tax credit of a trade in

Last edited by bobbyt01nc; 06-30-06 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-30-06, 09:53 PM
brentweiss
Rookie

the hid lights come on the luxury or sport package........wtf i thought the memory seats came with the premium package......
Old 06-30-06, 09:56 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

I believe you have to get the luxury package to get the hid's
Old 06-30-06, 10:05 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Factory Option Packages

Premium Package (RWD only) - $1,290 [2]

- Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim
- Perforated leather-trimmed interior
- Heated and ventilated front seats

Luxury Package (RWD only) - $3,495 [2]

- Auburn bird’s-eye maple interior trim
- Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
- Lexus Memory System for power driver's seat (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
- Illuminated doorsill scuff plates
- Power rear-window sunshade
- Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
- Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse
- Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)

Luxury Package w/18-in wheels (RWD only) - $4,215 [2]

- Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim
- Lexus Memory System for power driver's seat (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
- 18 x 8.0-in alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 tires front [3], 18 x 8.5-in alloy wheels with 255/40YR18 tires rear [3] (RWD only)

Luxury Package (AWD only) - $2,205 [2]

Sport Package (RWD only) - $3,695 (Automatic), $3,725 (Manual) [2]

- Aluminum sport pedals
- Aluminum doorsill scuff plates
- Sport-tuned suspension
- 18 x 8.0-in alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 tires front [3], 18 x 8.5-in alloy wheels with 255/40YR18 tires rear [3]

Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package - $3,990 [2]

- Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System [4] with backup camera [5] and Bluetooth® technology [6]
- Mark Levinson® 14-speaker, 300-watt [7] Premium Surround Sound Audio System [8] with 7.1 architecture and in-dash, single feed, six-disc CD/DVD auto-changer
Individual Factory Options

- Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System [4] with backup camera [5] and Bluetooth® technology [6] - $2,550
- Intuitive Parking Assist - $500
- Lexus Pre-Collision System (PCS) [9] and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control [10] (automatic transmission only) - $2,850
- 18 x 8.0-in alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 tires front [3], 18 x 8.5-in alloy wheels with 255/40YR18 tires rear [3] (RWD only) - $720
- Headlamp washers – require Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) - $100
Dealer Accessories [12]
- 18-in G-Spider alloy wheels [3] (RWD only)
- 18-in ISP Mode alloy wheels [3] (RWD only)
- All-weather floor mats
- Car cover
- Cargo net
- Ground effects kit
- Rear spoiler
- Sunroof wind deflector (available Spring 2006)
- Trunk mat
- Wheel locks
- XM® Satellite Radio capability [11]
Old 06-30-06, 10:50 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brentweiss
the hid lights come on the luxury or sport package........wtf i thought the memory seats came with the premium package......
You're correct. HID comes on Lux or Sports but not Premium and neither do the memory seats.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 07-01-06, 07:40 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yea 06 option packaging was pretty dumb in regards to HID (which I think shouldve been standard), at least in 07 model year you can get it seperately for $850
Old 07-01-06, 08:47 AM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
yea 06 option packaging was pretty dumb in regards to HID (which I think shouldve been standard), at least in 07 model year you can get it seperately for $850
agreed . . . glad they made that change.