IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My tint looks awful :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-06, 05:38 AM
TurboRush
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, and this is just me... I'd find another place that has a good reputation (a lot of these places are fly by night if you ask me) and have it re-done. Even if you get the guy to re-do it you think he'll be "extra careful" to get it just right? No, he'll probably be bitter and annoyed.

Just my thoughts. I'd just eat the money and move on, I wouldn't be happy about it, but what's $240 in the long run. The guy sounds like a POS.
Old 07-28-06, 09:55 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Sending your message via email is often useless, as most businesses will never respond. Either call them, or show up in person to discuss the problem. And be calm, reasonable, yet firm with your request. If you don't get a decent outcome from this, you might as well accept your losses, and move on. Tell the guy that you will be contacting the BBB, and using word of mouth to make sure other people don't use his services.
Old 07-28-06, 12:16 PM
islandsnow
Driver

i had a horrible tint job as well. my tint guy refused to give me a refund, but he said he wants to make it right by me so to bring it down and he'll redo it. but all thru this, i kept hearing excuses, and he even called me overly paranoid. i'm not trusting this guy to take my tint off, and to redo the tint. he lost my trust. its a mistake that i'm going to eat the cost, and i've found a more reputable place to redo it.

my tint has scratches all over, bubbles that never went away, a gap on the rear small stationary window, and on and on. i'm pissed but i guess its my fault too for not doing more research or getting recommendations from friends. i am tired of dealing with this person on the phone because he refuses to refund me and i know that he's going to want me to bring it in to redo it and i don't want any part of him already. so i'm going to write him a letter, document all the excuses and lies he fed me, take pictures of his mess, and then tell him in the letter that its his choice to refund me. if i get a refund, i'm happy. if not, then whatever, i'll eat the cost. either case, i will report him to the BBB. i just have to get the tint right or it will bother me to no end. this was the worse tint job i ever had. if anyone in hawaii wants to know about this place, pm me.
Old 07-28-06, 12:23 PM
GenuineKid
Driver

i got my tint done for 120 all around with life time warranty . the back windshield has bubbles the first week, went there back and they replaced it and looks much better. i think when you get tint, find a place where they give free life time warranty like mine.
Old 07-28-06, 12:23 PM
islandsnow
Driver

i wouldn't even give him an opportunity to fix it. you know how when you complain about your food and have it sent back, you ever wonder if they gonna spit in your food? well, same thing. i wouldn't trust the guy if he screwed up the first time. if he couldn't get it right the first time, what makes you think he can do it again? if he's giving you excuses, and blaming you or the car, go elsewhere.

eat the cost like i did, and get it done right. and report them to the BBB.

Originally Posted by jewel
How does this sound as an email reply?

Baron:
Please schedule me for next Friday (7/21) at 9am. I would like the front right passenger side, as well as the back to be fixed/redone. I won't accept anything less than perfect (no scratches to the film, definitely no bubbles). If you feel like you can't meet these expectations then please refund my money so that I can go somewhere that can. Here's the deal, if you're able to fix the flaws in the back window and the side window, I'll gladly pay to have the pillar replaced myself ($39.93). If you keep making excuses about how it's never going to be perfect, or how you gave it to me at such a cheap price (no one pays for a bad tint job), or how you're NOT going to redo the tint for whatever reason, I'm going to ask for a refund + pillar costs and go somewhere else. The flaws are not in the window, they're not in the film, or the solution that was used, but in the workmanship and enviornment. I'm sorry if I'm being an ***, but I expected to get a warm fuzzy feeling.after getting my car tinted, but the little flaws are bugging the hell out of me and having them there really cheapens my car. I chose SoundCheck because you guys have 15 years of experience, had the full lifetime warranty, and because you said you were part of the BBB. I don't care what it takes, I just want my car looking it's best and to my satisfaction. Please don't disappoint me.

should i add anything?
Old 07-28-06, 01:12 PM
islandsnow
Driver

Originally Posted by GenuineKid
i got my tint done for 120 all around with life time warranty . the back windshield has bubbles the first week, went there back and they replaced it and looks much better. i think when you get tint, find a place where they give free life time warranty like mine.
the lifetime warranty is on the tint right (fading, bubbling, etc) and not on the workmanship? i doubt if anyone will give lifetime on workmanship. naturally on the initial install if there's bubbles that didn't smooth out, they will redo it.
Old 07-28-06, 01:27 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by islandsnow
the lifetime warranty is on the tint right (fading, bubbling, etc) and not on the workmanship? i doubt if anyone will give lifetime on workmanship. naturally on the initial install if there's bubbles that didn't smooth out, they will redo it.
I think you are right about that. Warranty on the tint only. But...

True story. My friend had 2 warranty work done here in SoCal for his Accord. The Accord was tinted in 1996. First issue was driver side front window started to peel and replaced in 1998. Second case and most recent, the rear windshield started to haze. Took it back and they replaced it. This was in 2003 or 2004. Both times no charges at all.